• Announcements

• Patrick Bateman

Check out the new Rotoworld Beta Site!   11/14/2018

Rotoworld has been the industry leader in fantasy news and analysis for years, but it was time for a much-needed facelift!  While our around-the-clock, comprehensive coverage will remain the same, the new Rotoworld design will be sleeker, easier to navigate, more video-friendly and will finally be mobile-optimized.    That’s right, you can finally stop pinching the screens on your phones to read our content!  Right now we’re in the beta phase of our launch, and it’s still a work-in-progress, but we’d love for you to check out our soon-to-be new digs, and let us know what you think: https://beta.rotoworld.com.    And then please use the Contact Us button to give us feedback!  
jeffr913

Waiver Wire Thread - Week 8 ending 12/9

Who are some good adds/streamers for the week I see Cavs and Knicks both have 4 games.

I took a flier on Dotson in 16 team 8 cat dynasty. He was nice earlier this season and seems to be getting minutes again.

Currently 7-1 and in 1st so him as end of bench guy is worth it short term to see what happens.

Tim Fraizer - PG -NO

As has been discussed in his thread, not sure the talent warrants, but in the next few weeks, the opportunity does.  We get one more game today to see if the numbers will hold, and then Pelicans play Mon/Wed/Fri.  Kick him to the curb and stream the weekend if needed.

I have a no Knicks policy. That entire team is loaded with inconsistent guys. Every night they have a different stud, that just turns into a dud the next night. Like when Trier had that near TD the other night, I knew not to fall for it. And sure enough, the next night he had like 10 fantasy points 

Edited by Dominator83
Spell correction
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SicarioSanity said:

Smart and Bradley are intriguing - who is the better ROS add?

Only two games for Smart this week.

Bradley is quite inconsistent with huge competition at PG/ SG. 

Dropped KCP and Kidd-Gilchrist to add Olynyk and Miles Bridges. Banking on Olynyk keeping his minutes up and Bridges taking the starting spot from Marvin Williams while he's injured.

Not sure which of the Bridges I should cross: Mikal or Miles.  It appears minutes just opened up for both this week.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, gill2k said:

Not sure which of the Bridges I should cross: Mikal or Miles.  It appears minutes just opened up for both this week.

Mikal this week for me. The Tuesday and Thursday schedule is a plus. With Booker he's already getting minutes, now Booker is hurt hopefully he will get usage rates. 

Edited by cucubing
missed a word

46 minutes ago, gill2k said:

I have both Bridges... I am thinking of changing my team name to: A Bridge Too Far

It feels like to me Miles is more of a sure fire producer right now and Mikal is more of a gamble. I'd try to get both at this point if you can however.

• Haha 3

I feel like CoJo is a solid pick up with Oladipo out. Gives great all round stat lines minus blocks. Good rebs for a backup guard too

• Like 1

Somehow Aminu was dropped in my 12 team. Although I'm pretty good in the cats he provides (I specifically need more 3pt) hes ranked 69 on the season so had to grab him 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jeffr913 said:

Somehow Aminu was dropped in my 12 team. Although I'm pretty good in the cats he provides (I specifically need more 3pt) hes ranked 69 on the season so had to grab him 

Aminu was playing terribly before his last 2 games so I can see why he was dropped.

Edited by RingMyBell
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I have both Bridges... I am thinking of changing my team name to: A Bridge Too Far

It feels like to me Miles is more of a sure fire producer right now and Mikal is more of a gamble. I'd try to get both at this point if you can however.

Miles I think he the chance to steal the starting job while Williams is out, but if he doesn't, his production won't last long. Mikal should see more usage with Booker out, and also if Ariza gets traded, so he has a better chance of season-long production. Unfortunately, he hasn't produced in the minutes he's had, so who knows if ability is there this year.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

I ended up with Miles.  He seems to produce consistently given the minutes and with the vets on the Hornets (Marvin, Batum) not doing much, I can see him get more playing time for the rest of the season.

I really want to gamble on Mikal but IMO, there are still guys on the Suns he has to contend with for usage even with Booker out (Josh Jackson, Okobo, Ariza, Ayton and TJ Warren when he gets back).  I'll keep an eye out on him though. 

23 minutes ago, bball961 said:

Kevon Looney?

I'm intrigued as well. My main concern is how the warriors rotate their small ball. Even without DJones, not sure how locked in the minutes are. 

3 hours ago, jeffr913 said:

You must have never owned him before. He's about as much of a roller coaster as you can get in fantasy. Like Josh Lloyd says "sometimes may be good, sometimes may be sh*t.  He's better in roto if you can ride out the bad games (and there will be a lot of them) but beware he's a fg% killer. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Purple Hippo said:

You must have never owned him before. He's about as much of a roller coaster as you can get in fantasy. Like Josh Lloyd says "sometimes may be good, sometimes may be sh*t.  He's better in roto if you can ride out the bad games (and there will be a lot of them) but beware he's a fg% killer. 

I got an owner in my league that constantly adds/drops him.......it's getting comical now

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, squidthunder said:

I got an owner in my league that constantly adds/drops him.......it's getting comical now

Yeah man, I had him a few times last year. It takes an owner with a brass set of balls to be able to withstand five straight 3 point, 2 rebound 1-9 shooting performances and not drop him. And invariably when you do drop him he invariably has a 20 point double double with 6 3's and 3 stocks the next game. So you have to either commit to playing him for x number of games no matter what and just live with the averages or somehow try to time his explosions (good luck with that). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Purple Hippo said:

Yeah man, I had him a few times last year. It takes an owner with a brass set of balls to be able to withstand five straight 3 point, 2 rebound 1-9 shooting performances and not drop him. And invariably when you do drop him he invariably has a 20 point double double with 6 3's and 3 stocks the next game. So you have to either commit to playing him for x number of games no matter what and just live with the averages or somehow try to time his explosions (good luck with that). 

haha thanks guys I dropped him for Wayne Ellington (guy can help you win 3s every week!)

6 hours ago, rob0403 said:

The Bridge On the River Kawhi. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Purple Hippo said:

He's perfect for teams like mines where you're punting FG% and have plenty of scoring. His 2 3s per game, 7+ rpg and a steal are amazing and hard to find on the WW line. 

If you need combo guard stats. Jeremy Lin is a good pickup. He puts up nice stats even in 25ish minutes. He's also a better player than Trae Young lol. Suns or Spurs should trade for him - he'd be really good for them.

Wes Matthews was dropped in my league and I'm not sure why. He's been pretty good. If he was dropped, he needs to be picked up. 

• Like 1