tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2018 Week 14

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2018 Week 14

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 14 of the 2018 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

looks like Conner won't miss... was diagnosed with a contusion.  Now i'm worried about who i need to add... Jackson or Samuels.  I also lost Kirk, i'm looking at Ateman.

27 minutes ago, gameover413 said:

looks like Conner won't miss... was diagnosed with a contusion.  Now i'm worried about who i need to add... Jackson or Samuels.  I also lost Kirk, i'm looking at Ateman.

Samuels and it actually might be a high ankle sprain 

1. Jeff Wilson Jr

Piled up touches and was productive doing it. Breida looks like he could go down with a serious injury or be shut down at any moment.

2. Justin Jackson

Way better rusher than Ekeler, but Gordon could return as early as next week. Still a great speculative add for week 14.

3. Dante Pettis

Has produced pretty much whenever given the chance this year. Should continue to see targets while the 49ers deal with injuries to other pass catchers.

4. Jaylen Samuels

Would be higher on the list but early reports are that Conner's injury is minor. He's got a great skill set, and given the chance to start he would most likely produce quality fantasy points.

5. Rashaad Penny

Pure stash and pray. He's looked pretty good the past month, but only seeing a handful of carries per game. Carson's not missing next week with a finger injury. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HOF12 said:

Samuels and it actually might be a high ankle sprain 

Yes, early reports are High ankle sprain..

Congrats to everyone who made playoffs in their respective leagues, as final week of regular season in most formats ended. A lot of major transaction transpired in Week 13 that could potentially reshape fantasy playoffs. Here is a list of RBs with relatively low ownership (Yahoo) that could help you to fantasy glory.

RB

Jaylen Samuel (RB/TE) - Entirely correlated to the extent of James Conner's injury. Leg contusion (bruise) can be tricky, as the swelling may force him to sit out one week, multiple weeks, or no weeks at all. As of right now the update is that Conner's injury is not serious and he is "okay". However, I am a bit more on the skeptical side and think Conner will at least miss next week's game (if not more). If he misses a game or more, I would assume Samuel is the next man up (not Stevan Ridley), in an offense that has no problem giving one RB the lion-share of touches. Another selling point why I would use a high priority waiver on Samuel (barring Conner is out) over Wilson Jr. is that he gets the TE designation as well. This is a total game changer, as you have the ability to put a potential workhorse RB at the TE position. If Conner does play, Samuel really has no value, but is still worth an add due to a possibility of Conner re-injury. 

Jeff Wilson Jr. - Due to Breida aggravating his ankle pregame and during game, undrafted rookie Wilson Jr. got an opportunity to shine and did not disappoint. Posting 15/61 rushing and 8/73 receiving, Wilson Jr. made his case of having a role moving forward. I am suprised Breida is still being active week in and week out, as he has been gutting through multiple injuries all year. If Breida were to miss time moving forward, Wilson Jr. is an obvious must-add, as he should immediately become a workhorse RB2. However, I believe Wilson Jr. value is NOT entirely (unlike Samuel) correlated to Breida, because Wilson Jr. showed enough to make this a 50/50 or 60/40 split in terms of touches for this 49ers' backfield moving forward. 

Justin Jackson -  Jackson was severely out-touched (Ekeler's 18 touches to Jackson's 8), but showed much more burst then Ekeler. His value is entirely tied for however long Gordon is out, as he still week-to-week with a MCL injury and may play as early as next week. However, if Gordon remains out, Jackson should log in more work (mainly from rushes) than he saw vs. Steelers. More valuable in non-PPR than PPR, as Ekeler should still see majority of receiving downs. 

Rashad Penny - Posted 7/65/1TD rushing vs. 49ers. Penny should be in line for a few more touches moving forward. If Chris Carson misses next week game (not very likely) due to an injured finger, Penny should see bulk of the carries in a rush-first offense. 

Kenneth Dixon/Ty Montgomery - Baltimore has gone ultra run-heavy and conservative since inserting Jackson at QB, leading to every RB being potentially viable. Dixon played his first game since Week 1, and logged in a respectable 9 touches. Gus Edwards still got the bulk of carries, but was limping late game due to an ankle injury. Something to monitor as Edwards has seen a heavy rushing load (61 total carries past 3 games). Dixon would see bulk of rushes if something was to happen to Edwards moving forward. On the other hand, Ty Montgomery posted only 3/13 rushing, but a solid 5/42 receiving on 7 targets. He has clearly leapfrogged Buck Allen as the primary pass-catching RB. For PPR purposes only, Ty-Mont should be a fringe FLEX play, due to Jackson's tendency to throw conservative check-down passes a lot.

*Elite Workhorse RBs are the most valuable commodity in fantasy, so rostering backup RBs who would inevitably be in line for bulk of touches is a must at this point in season. These RBs include as Rod Smith, Malcolm Brown, Giovani Bernard, Chase Edmonds, etc.*

Edited by KA13
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Just as I’ve seen his thread bumped up I was gonna mention josh Allen. Jets this week, Detroit next, might be a nice option for those streaming.

Dak is another potential WW add that has a pretty good playoff schedule. 

Those making Wilson, Jr. their top add should be aware that while the volume might be there, he does not have the easiest playoff schedule ahead of him.  Just wanting to give that little detail as we try to separate people when ranking them or making adds.  Good luck to all in their playoffs!

• Like 1

Randall Cobb?

I'm thinking the Packers put up some major points against Atlanta.  Rodgers has a big game to get some revenge on McCarthy.  Thinking Cobb gets some of that.

QUARTERBACK UPGRADE

QB Josh Allen, BUF (waiver wire: 50+%)

QB Lamar Jackson, BAL (waiver wire: 50+%)

QB Jameis Winston, TB (waiver wire: 25-50%)

QB Baker Mayfield, CLE (waiver wire: 10-20%)

QB Russell Wilson, SEA

QB Derek Carr, OAK (waiver wire: 1%)

QUARTERBACK DOWNGRADE

QB Cam Newton, CAR

QB Kirk Cousins, MIN

QB Andrew Luck, IND

QB Jared Goff, LAR

QB Drew Brees, NO

QB Aaron Rodgers, GB

QUARTERBACK HOLDING STEADY

QB Tom Brady, NE

QB Dak Prescott, DAL

QB Deshaun Watson, HOU

RUNNING BACK UPGRADE

RB Tarik Cohen, CHI

RB Spencer Ware, KC (waiver wire: 75+%)

RB Phillip Lindsay, DEN

RB Jaylen Samuels, PIT (waiver wire: 50+%)

RB Jeff Wilson, SF (waiver wire: 25-50%)

RB Lamar Miller, HOU

RB Rashaad Penny, SEA (waiver wire: 25-50%)

RB Dalvin Cook, MIN

RB Nyheim Hines, IND (waiver wire: 20-40%)

RB Damien Williams, KC (waiver wire: 20-40%)

RB Jalen Richard, OAK (waiver wire: 15-30%)

RB Giovani Bernard, CIN (waiver wire: 10-20%)

RB LeGarrette Blount, DET (waiver wire: 10-20%)

RB Rex Burkhead, NE (waiver wire: 10-20%)

RB Justin Jackson, LAC (waiver wire: 10-20%)

RB Doug Martin, OAK (waiver wire: 10-20%)

RB Isaiah Crowell, NYJ (waiver wire: 5-10%)

RB Kenneth Dixon, BAL (waiver wire: 5-10%)

RB Ty Montgomery, BAL (waiver wire: 5-10%)

RB Chase Edmonds, ARI (waiver wire: 1%)

RB John Kelly, LAR (waiver wire: 1%)

RB Charcandrick West, KC (waiver wire: 1%)

RUNNING BACK DOWNGRADE

RB Matt Breida, SF

RB James Conner, PIT

RB Austin Ekeler, LAC

RB David Johnson, ARI

RB Duke Johnson, CLE

RB Sony Michel, NE

RB Mark Ingram, NO

RB Marlon Mack, IND

RB Tevin Coleman, ATL

RB Carlos Hyde, JAX

RB Chris Carson, SEA

RUNNING BACK HOLDING STEADY

RB Kenyan Drake, MIA

RB Aaron Jones, GB

RB Alvin Kamara, NO

RB James White, NE

WIDE RECEIVER UPGRADE

WR Dante Pettis, SF (waiver wire: 25-50%)

WR Tyler Boyd, CIN

WR Jarvis Landry, CLE

WR Chris Godwin, TB (waiver wire: 20-40%)

WR Adam Humphries, TB (waiver wire: 20-40%)

WR Curtis Samuel, CAR (waiver wire: 20-40%)

WR Antonio Callaway, CLE (waiver wire: 10-20%)

WR Zay Jones, BUF (waiver wire: 10-20%)

WR Courtland Sutton, DEN (waiver wire: 10-20%)

WR Michael Gallup, DAL (waiver wire: 1%)

WR DeVante Parker, MIA (waiver wire: 1%)

WR Kenny Stills, MIA (waiver wire: 1%)

WIDE RECEIVER DOWNGRADE

WR A.J. Green, CIN

WR Calvin Ridley, ATL

WR Emmanuel Sanders, DEN

WR TreQuan Smith, NO

WR Kenny Golladay, DET

WR Marquise Goodwin, SF

WR Demaryius Thomas, HOU

WR Julian Edelman, NE

WR Julio Jones, ATL

WR Jermaine Kearse, NYJ

WR Josh Reynolds, LAR

WR Quincy Enunwa, NYJ

WR Mike Evans, TB

WR Adam Thielen, MIN

WR Stefon Diggs, MIN

WR Michael Thomas, NO

WIDE RECEIVER HOLDING STEADY

WR Tyreek Hill, KC

WR Tyler Lockett, SEA

WR Allen Robinson, CHI

TIGHT END UPGRADE

TE Jared Cook, OAK

TE Jimmy Graham, GB (waiver wire: 25-50%)

TE Austin Hooper, ATL (waiver wire: 25-50%)

TE Mark Andrews, BAL (waiver wire: 10-20%)

TE Travis Kelce, KC

TE C.J. Uzomah, CIN (waiver wire: 10-20%)

TE Ian Thomas, CAR (waiver wire: 1%)

TE Jordan Thomas, HOU (waiver wire: 1%)

TIGHT END DOWNGRADE

TE Greg Olsen, CAR

TE Trey Burton, CHI

TE Matt LaCosse, DEN

TE David Njoku, CLE

TE Rob Gronkowski, NE

1 hour ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Those making Wilson, Jr. their top add should be aware that while the volume might be there, he does not have the easiest playoff schedule ahead of him.  Just wanting to give that little detail as we try to separate people when ranking them or making adds.  Good luck to all in their playoffs!

Denver and Seattle are middle of the pack. But the thing is in that system out in San Fran the lead rb is just as viable a receiving threat as he is a runner. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

Denver and Seattle are middle of the pack. But the thing is in that system out in San Fran the lead rb is just as viable a receiving threat as he is a runner. 

Agreed. Have no idea why people still think Denver and Seattle are such stout defenses any longer. They aren’t. 

28 minutes ago, savagenatn said:

Agreed. Have no idea why people still think Denver and Seattle are such stout defenses any longer. They aren’t. 

Since week 7 Denver has not had an individual run for 100+ and has not allowed a rushing TD to RBs in that span.  During that time they went against the likes of D. Johnson, Hunt, Mixon, Gordon, L. Miller, and Conner. Also stop selectively ignoring vs chicago in championship week.  But to each their own perceive it how you may...

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Wytchclt55 said:

Since week 7 Denver has not had an individual run for 100+ and has not allowed a rushing TD to RBs in that span.  During that time they went against the likes of D. Johnson, Hunt, Mixon, Gordon, L. Miller, and Conner. Also stop selectively ignoring vs chicago in championship week.  But to each their own perceive it how you may...

Firing up Denver 100% Then Seattle next week.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

1 minute ago, justincns said:

Firing up Denver 100% Then Seattle next week.

Playoff time.

Titans D vs Jags or Broncos D at SF?

5 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Playoff time.

Titans D vs Jags or Broncos D at SF?

I stashed both defenses for the playoffs but I'm personally starting Titans for my match up this week.  O/U vs jags is super low (last saw it at 37.5), they're favored at -4, game is @TEN and it's a Thursday night game.  Broncos lost Chris Harris so that's a blow against them too. 

Those two, to me, are both great adds if available down the stretch but in a lot of leagues they were both added last week.

Edited by Wytchclt55
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

I stashed both defenses for the playoffs but I'm personally starting Titans for my match up this week.  O/U vs jags is super low (last saw it at 37.5), they're favored at -4, game is @TEN and it's a Thursday night game.  Broncos lost Chris Harris so that's a blow against them too. 

Those two, to me, are both great adds if available down the stretch but in a lot of leagues they were both added last week.

I did the same, stashed them both weeks ago for this reason. I only need either one for this week since I have CHI D. I’m leaning TEN too. They’re at home and I like D’s at home. DEN is on the road.

Jags vs Mark Sanchez next week. They killed me vs the Bills but Josh Allen actually looks good.

I'm looking for a defense and wonder if NYG is a good pickup considering the Redskins have a new quarterback after McCoy went down.  I know the NYG DEF is on the bottom half of all DEF but just thinking that a new QB would not be in much sync with the offense.  Thoughts?

Devante Freeman...Even though its a long shot