cdd10

Jeff McNeil 2019 Outlook

Chance to lead the league in avg with his approach.

Haven't seen anyone choke up on the bat like him since vintage Votto.

• Haha 1

Dude’s a .346 hitter now in 280 MLB at-bats, with his best AVG work being done recently. Should be on no waiver wires.

• Like 2

Is this guy is Wade Boggs, Tony Gwynn or Ichiro (minus the speed) or what? 😎😉

Hype aside, feels like a long time since we had +.300 guy with little else. But still think he’s easy a 15/10 guy still. Juiced ball should help too. 

is ted williams 400 record in trouble?

• Haha 3

41 minutes ago, tucker26 said:

Is this guy is Wade Boggs, Tony Gwynn or Ichiro (minus the speed) or what? 😎😉

He seriously reminds me of Todd Helton. The old, no-power Helton that is (he was good for around 15 bombs in his later years).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Don't register this as a complaint as I start this guy for his H, OBP and AVG, but I don't think I've ever seen a more empty stat line from a player. 3 runs scored , 0 HR, 0 SB and 5 RBI with 14 hits in the last week? That hard to do. 

Edited by ComeSaleAway

1 minute ago, ComeSaleAway said:

Don't register this as a complaint as I start this guy for his H, OBP and AVG, but I don't think I've ever seen a more empty stat line from a player. 3 runs scored with 17 hits in the last week? That hard to do. 

Hopefully he’ll start batting 1. Alonso / Ramos / Conforto is considerably more than the 7 / 8 / 9

This guy is a league winner if your league doesn’t count runs, rbi, hr, and sb.

• Haha 3

Average alone won't cut it in fantasy. He's at 418 average right now and only ranked #170 on yahoo. Gotta have either power or speed too. 

Is there an NL player hitting sixth regularly ranked better than McNeil? I can't find one. It seems like average is enough to carry value; and if he keeps hitting like this, he'll get moved up and those run and possibly RBI numbers will improve.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

I love the average but without homers or steals this guy is worthless for fantasy. I'll hold on to him for a while longer to see if he has a power or steals surge. I'm jumping ship if he hasn't done anything in another few weeks tho. 

14 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Average alone won't cut it in fantasy. He's at 418 average right now and only ranked #170 on yahoo. Gotta have either power or speed too. 

We get it. Don’t need it every 12 hours. We’ve gotten thru the talking point a few times.... 

Its April 15th or w/e. It takes 10 bad pitches in a season to hit 10 HRs. He had 10 HRs+SBs last year in just over 60 GP. Patience. 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, taobball said:

We get it. Don’t need it every 12 hours. We’ve gotten thru the talking point a few times.... 

Its April 15th or w/e. It takes 10 bad pitches in a season to hit 10 HRs. He had 10 HRs+SBs last year in just over 60 GP. Patience. 

Don't really care what you need... But the second post was clearly different from the first. Illustrating that he's a sub Par player right now. He stole 7 bases last year but before that he wasn't a base stealer at all in the minors. There is cause for concern. 

Just as a counter to his value issues depending on format. In points leagues he's a valuable guy, gets you 4-5 points almost everyday. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Don't really care what you need... But the second post was clearly different from the first. Illustrating that he's a sub Par player right now. He stole 7 bases last year but before that he wasn't a base stealer at all in the minors. There is cause for concern. 

I drafted him in the 300's in several leagues this year and with what I've seen I have no concern at all. He's greatly outproducing where I drafted him and has been a solid middle infielder who is offsetting some of my batting average drain guys. I'm guessing if you're thinking of dropping him you play in a shallower league. In 12+ team leagues with middle infielder spots owners are probably quite happy. In those smaller Yahoo Pro Leagues that only start 10 hitters, I can see how that wouldn't excite someone.

• Like 1

Just now, Kaii23 said:

Eh.. define subpar. #170 is a signfiicant value based on where he was drafted in most leagues I play in. Changing line-up spot would certainly fix part of it. 

I mean we're talkinga bout measurements of Feet. He has a triple off the top of the wall in the year. If hit it 1 FOOT further, he'd be pacing over 12 HRs or around 12 HRs right now. He's running. We'll see. 

I think the main point is that making a big deal abut two weeks and as if he's going to finish with 0 HRs and 0 SBs is just a little silly. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Please take this to the Kris Bryant thread and complain about lack of HRs/SBs AND AVG

It’s about performance relative to expectations. McNeil went undrafted in most leagues and is now threatening a batting title. The HRs and SBs will come. He won’t go 30/30 but he’l produce enough on top of the Avg to be a difference maker. That’s what we’re saying

Edited by UberRebel
Unstaffed > Undrafted
  • Like 3

I know my biggest cause for concern in fantasy baseball is when the last guy I pick qualifies at multiple positions and looks like a legitimate contender for a batting title. 

I hate it when that happens. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

The question is how long do you wait for the power and speed from a guy who's never proven anything at the big league level. Yes he could hit 3 homers and steal 3 bases every month rest of season. But he could also only hit 5 and steal 5. Without a big league track record how long do you cross your fingers and hope that he does something other than hit for high average. And yes I'm only speaking for standard yahoo. Of course he's good if you have 15 hitter slots to fill. 

8 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

The question is how long do you wait for the power and speed from a guy who's never proven anything at the big league level. Yes he could hit 3 homers and steal 3 bases every month rest of season. But he could also only hit 5 and steal 5. Without a big league track record how long do you cross your fingers and hope that he does something other than hit for high average. And yes I'm only speaking for standard yahoo. Of course he's good if you have 15 hitter slots to fill. 

...longer than 2+ weeks.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BMcP said:

...longer than 2+ weeks.

...especially when he’s hitting ******** .400

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, BMcP said:

...longer than 2+ weeks.

This is happy hour fantasy wise. This is the time when stars are still on the wire. To miss out on a real player because u have this guy taking up space is a risk. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

This is happy hour fantasy wise. This is the time when stars are still on the wire. To miss out on a real player because u have this guy taking up space is a risk. 

Then drop him for a real player.  Seems fairly simple, no?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1