cdd10

Jeff McNeil 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

In Colorado... Were he on the Mets it would be 4 and 10 tops. 

He has more career HR (28) away from Coors than at it (21) despite 90 fewer at-bats. Any more brain busters?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LoGo said:

He has more career HR (28) away from Coors than at it (21) despite 90 fewer at-bats. Any more brain busters?

OK... Who cares... Why are we talking about DJ LeMahieu? I was using him as an example. Replace LeMahieu with any player who will give fewer than 20. 

38 minutes ago, Hanghow said:

The Denver air impacts stolen bases now?

Average and obp does. 

Posted (edited)

Funny how people are acting like this guy has no power...I mean he hit 22 HRs last year in minors and MLB and just because he hasn't gone yard yet this year the power isn't there and he wont be very useful. It's still April for crying out loud.

Edited by Jack Ripper
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2019 at 9:56 AM, Jack Ripper said:

Funny how people are acting like this guy has no power...I mean he hit 22 HRs last year in minors and MLB and just because he hasn't gone yard yet this year the power isn't there and he wont be very useful. It's still April for crying out loud.

How long do you plan on waiting for his power? May? June? He only hit 3 homers in 225 ab once he made it to the majors last year... 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

How long do you plan on waiting for his power? May? June? He only hit 3 homers in 225 ab once he made it to the majors last year... 

This argument is so circular. Unless either of us can see what’s gained by going on can’t we just wait and watch? I keep seeing this thread bumped and I feel like no new info has been discussed in pages. 

• Thanks 3

Back to 6th where he belongs...he chokes at leadoff and with zero power and speed is not suited for that role. I own him nonetheless

• Thanks 1

HR come in bunches, not hitting them and not being able to are very different animals. Weather is a huge factor to be sure. i would table the HR discussion until mid July. by then most the guys i have listed below should have at last 10 bombs and as far as McNeil goes i would be happy to see 7 or more by mid July. I did not get too in depth with the guys who are under performing in the power department i have only listed a few that i could come up with right away. If you dont want McNeil than drop him and be done with it. i have him to offset average because of guys like Stanton and Springer.

Rafael Devers 0 HR, Charlie Blackmon 1HR, Miggy 0HR, Aguilar 0HR, Nelson Cruz 1HR, Castellanos 0HR

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Back to 6th where he belongs...he chokes at leadoff and with zero power and speed is not suited for that role. I own him nonetheless

Sigh.  Zero is an exaggeration for both categories.  This thread is starting to wear thin.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Krambone said:

HR come in bunches, not hitting them and not being able to are very different animals. Weather is a huge factor to be sure. i would table the HR discussion until mid July. by then most the guys i have listed below should have at last 10 bombs and as far as McNeil goes i would be happy to see 7 or more by mid July. I did not get too in depth with the guys who are under performing in the power department i have only listed a few that i could come up with right away. If you dont want McNeil than drop him and be done with it. i have him to offset average because of guys like Stanton and Springer.

Rafael Devers 0 HR, Charlie Blackmon 1HR, Miggy 0HR, Aguilar 0HR, Nelson Cruz 1HR, Castellanos 0HR

Only difference is that those guys have proven that they can produce at the big league level. U can have more confidence that they'll eventually hit. McNeil hasn't. Some guys are great minor league hitters and that's all. 

I dont get why people are complaining about this guy. He is a waiver wire pickup and we probably all have him plugged in at 2nd base. He has been my Daniel Murphy replacement and I am loving his production. I'll take a 2B who will hit a good average while my other guys hit for power. 

• Like 1

Maybe I am also a little bias since we both went to Long Beach State. 

I've been using him as super sub on my teams. I'm not going to be dropping him because he's useful as a bench bat. But it's in my opinion that if he's a starter on your team and he produces these hollow stats all year then you're probably not going to win your league. 

Those of you waiting for some power, good luck lol

• Like 2

I think he has value but I had to drop to make room for other guys. I'll be watching him though.

BOOM. And he's on the board.  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

He launched it to right field.  Makes you think he's got 15 of those in him with regular at bats.

Edited by HulkSmash

Posted (edited)

just got hit in the hand. seems to be staying in the game if i'm not mistaken. 

hopefully this was a sizable near miss. 

Edited by sharpee

He's on pace to hit 8. Let's hope we don't have to wait another 75 at bats for the next one. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

He's on pace to hit 8. Let's hope we don't have to wait another 75 at bats for the next one. 

And Christian Yelich is on pace to hit 91. Lets not get caught up in silly "on pace" BS.

Edited by Willsea33
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

And Christian Yelich is on pace to hit 91. Lets not get caught up in silly "on pace" BS.

Except McNeil was on the same pace last year that he's on this year when he hit only 3 in 225 ab. 8 is not so silly a prediction. 

Edited by Kaii23

40 minutes ago, Willsea33 said:

ur right.  yelich is easily hitting 100

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

At least he’s going to hit more than Justin Turner, Nick Castellanos, Miggy, and Devers. Hmmm I see a flaw in your math. I think 15 is doable for this lad, but the great news here is it should come with a 300+ BA. sign me up. 

11 hours ago, sharpee said:

just got hit in the hand. seems to be staying in the game if i'm not mistaken. 

hopefully this was a sizable near miss. 

enough with the power-BS, more info on this 

Assume he's ok?  probably sit tonight though? 

• Like 1