cdd10

Jeff McNeil 2019 Outlook

In his last 4 games, he has matched his HR total from his first 51 games this year.

:D 

• Like 2

11 HR his last 42 games. That is a 39 HR pace over 162 games. 

Last nights homer went into the drink in Pittsburgh, todays was 412 feet.

He's batting .336.

• Like 3

And just think, he wanted to be a professional golfer....Love the kid! Probably my favorite. Well, him and deGrom..

Awesome this season no doubt.  Wish he was on my squad.

I have a feeling next season the ball will change.  One of the biggest beneficiaries of use the Super Ball being used this year has been contact hitters.    I would be careful moving forward.

Looks like he pulled a hamstring....Hopefully not serious, but just a heads up!

44 minutes ago, Z06vette said:

Looks like he pulled a hamstring....Hopefully not serious, but just a heads up!

Didn't look good.....He lunged towards 1st base trying beat out a grounder. 

There is a video on mlb.com of McNeil being interviewed after game. He seemed to think it didn't feel any worse them when he tweaked it last month or so, but that he has no idea if he will need a trip to the IL until he's evaluated tomorrow. So looks like we'll have to sleep on it and keep our fingers crossed for him. 

• Like 1

Well his Yahoo note now says Mets believe he'll need to hit the IL but still waiting for MRI results. Tough blow, hopefully won't be a long stint as hot as he's been.

I guess I'm not going to get him in the 19th round again next year.

What are guesses for his ADP next year?

10 hours ago, tesla said:

I guess I'm not going to get him in the 19th round again next year.

What are guesses for his ADP next year?

Current ranks among 2b-eligible players

R - 12
H - 11
HR - T17
2b - 5
RBI - T18

Depending on depth of a particular league, he could go anywhere from 7-11th IMO. With that said, I've never been great at projecting ADPs, they always seem off to me.

Edited by LoGo

26 minutes ago, LoGo said:

R - 12
H - 11
HR - T17
2b - 5
RBI - T18

Depending on depth of a particular league, he could go anywhere from 7-11th IMO. With that said, I've never been great at projecting ADPs, they always seem off to me.

maybe higher in OBP/OPS leagues

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, LoGo said:

R - 12
H - 11
HR - T17
2b - 5
RBI - T18

aren't you missing the most important/standout part of his contribution? AVG/OBP?

• Like 5

I think his ADP is going to jump a lot if this recent power surge holds through the end of the season. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, osb_tensor said:

aren't you missing the most important/standout part of his contribution? AVG/OBP?

Was just kinda going for counting stats, figured if you don't know about his elite avg/obp then you probably don't know who Jeff McNeil is to begin with. 

56 minutes ago, LoGo said:

Was just kinda going for counting stats, figured if you don't know about his elite avg/obp then you probably don't know who Jeff McNeil is to begin with. 

@osb_tensor and by "you" i don't mean YOU specifically, just folks in general. Wanted to clarify that.

You're right, that's his big thing, but much of the debate through 20 pages of this thread has been "is Avg/OBP enough if the counting stats aren't there?"

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LoGo said:

R - 12
H - 11
HR - T17
2b - 5
RBI - T18

This post was kind of surprising to see about a player who has seemingly contributed in a valuable way to my team on a consistent basis... makes me think harder about whether I'm biased towards overvaluing him (and my own players in general).  Second base is definitely well stacked with talent right now. 

That being said, two counterpoints: McNeill missed about a month total due to injury this year, which is good to keep in mind if you're only looking at his counting stats.  Also, there are several second basemen that are losing eligibility for next year: Javy Baez, Yuli Gurriel, JoRam and Moncada.  That's only gonna increase the demand for McNeill, who has a moderately high floor. 

Overall, in keeper leagues I can't see keeping McNeill unless the league goes 10+ deep with keepers.

In his last 72 games started:

.308 BA, 21 HR, 61 R, 56 RBI, 5 SB

Which over a full season, (152 games started- ish) would look something like this:

.308 BA,  43 HR, 123 R, 116 RBI, 10 SB 

BUT! You must remember... He only had 1 HR in his first 51 games this season, and YOU MUST weight that sample size EQUALLY with his last 71 games when projecting his power numbers. He probably caps out as a 15-20 HR/season guy going forward. :D 

Edited by roscobangs
  • Like 3