Sign in to follow this  
claptondecheeks

Malik Beasley 2018-2019 Season Outlook

13 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I never said it would happen. But they are insanely deep and if they wanted to make a splash and get a star you never know. Morris and Beasley won't play once all the guys are healthy. Murray, Barton, and Harris are all locked up with big contracts so are they just going to sit on these young players for years and have them not play when everyone is healthy?? Again, I never said it would happen but they are trying to win a championship so crazier things have happened. 

Even if everyone gets healthy Beasley and Morris are going to play. Craig, Juancho, Lyes are the guys that fall out at this point.  Even if IT is healthy Morris likely at least splits backup minutes with him.

Tim Connely has talked repeatedly about not skipping steps.  Maybe if there’s some crazy deal available to them they take it but they are the second youngest team in the league and tied for first in the West.  Their main need is depth at the 3/4 with Lyles being underwhelming, Juancho playing hurt and Millsap still not 100%

Edited by srb
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, srb said:

Even if everyone gets healthy Beasley and Morris are going to play. Craig, Juancho, Lyes are the guys that fall out at this point.  Even if IT is healthy Morris likely at least splits backup minutes with him.

Tim Connely has talked repeatedly about not skipping steps.  Maybe if there’s some crazy deal available to them they take it but they are the second youngest team in the league and tied for first in the West.  Their main need is depth at the 3/4 with Lyles being underwhelming, Juancho playing hurt and Millsap still not 100%

Very fair points, well I take back what I said than lol.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, chud12 said:

Yea, I actually just added now as I also own Barton. I am going to hold until the deadline to see if Beasley is dealt to a better situation.

I added him too, but now looks more possible that Barton will be traded :lol:. Beasley outplays him lately and looks the coach likes him. Denver is such a fantasy mess this season.

• Like 1

Dammit the Nuggets are turning into the Spurs of 2014-16. Outside of 2-3 players, it's a stat roulette every night

13 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Dammit the Nuggets are turning into the Spurs of 2014-16. Outside of 2-3 players, it's a stat roulette every night

The impressive part is that when given minutes their depth pieces have really been delivering, mainly Morris and Beasly

1 hour ago, chaiway said:

The impressive part is that when given minutes their depth pieces have really been delivering, mainly Morris and Beasly

trey, juancho & plum also have that potential tbh, nuggets are really deep, they really can offer pelicans a nice deal

4 minutes ago, L3onD said:

trey, juancho & plum also have that potential tbh, nuggets are really deep, they really can offer pelicans a nice deal

Which is what I was hinting at in terms of making s blockbuster deal at trade deadline in a previous post in this thread.  Prob with trading for AD, he isn’t likely to sign long term which would nix any potential deal with the Nuggs. 

Edited by chud12

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

Which is what I was hinting at in terms of making s blockbuster deal at trade deadline in a previous post in this thread.  Prob with trading for AD, he isn’t likely to sign long term which would nix any potential deal with the Nuggs. 

he would be an idiot then, with him (and if they somehow manage to retain murray in the process of trading for him) they are forreal, legit team to beat the warriors, gsw always had problems playing against the nuggets even tho it was only regular season games

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, L3onD said:

he would be an idiot then, with him (and if they somehow manage to retain murray in the process of trading for him) they are forreal, legit team to beat the warriors, gsw always had problems playing against the nuggets even tho it was only regular season games

Yea if he’s serious with only signing with LA or NY than yes he sure is. Denver def has the pieces. 

3 hours ago, chud12 said:

Yea if he’s serious with only signing with LA or NY than yes he sure is. Denver def has the pieces. 

yeah i know and thats a sad truth but i still believe he can think for himself and see that something is just a better option for his career (doesnt have to be denver, i actually root that its boston since i would like to see jaylen somewhere else unleashed, i feel like hes ready this year)...once kawhi resigns in toronto (also my guess cause toronto with him is lethal and he can obviously see that), this whole “i only want to play there and there” narative is going to die out and more and more teams will engage in future “superstar player wants out” trade talks 

Kawhi is clipper-bound, if I had to give my best guess. I don’t necessarily think these guys care so much about team build as much as playing in an ideal location for their family, giving themselves a good lifestyle, and, frankly, playing ball with their homies. Most of the top stars can make a team a title contender no matter where they land, so the team build may not be as important to them as we, the fans, believe. See Kyrie.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chud12 said:

Would you consider dealing for AD anyways, even if it's only for a run this year. Cash in on him in the offseason and get back a bunch of assets and picks. You could also make room for another FA in the process. Keep Murray/Joker/Harris and add AD to them and they probably become the best competiton to the Warriors in the league.

AD/Mirotic/Moore/Frazier for Barton/Millsap/Morris/Beasley/MPJ and a 1st rounder would work. They would get Barton, Morris and Beasley as core pieces as well as the high upside MPJ. They also get a 1st rounder. Millsap is off the books after this year and they get rid of Moore and Mirotic who are both on the block. It's a legit offer with legit pieces. Morris, Beasley, Barton and MPJ are comparable to the 3-4 guys the lakers can send over, plus you spite the Lakers and AD by not sending him to LA. Could also leave Barton/Beasley out and make it Harris if that's what it took. Harris represents the best piece being tossed around for AD right now (and 2nd best behind Tatum). I think the nuggets have every bit the assets to make it work and IMO better assets than the lakers (and comparable with the Celtics). Have to make a go of it when you can, and like I said, if AD still wants to go to LA in the offseason you sit down with him and figure it out. Will he stay 1 more year? If he wants out so bad you take the pelicans place and get into a bidding war with the C's (if they are still in) and Lakers. C's might give Tatum/brown and then you have Murray/Joker/Tatum/Brown and other pieces to keep competing. If not, you get Kuzma, Ball, Ingram and such and find a way to make those pieces work (could flip some in other deals). 

Long story short, I hope the nuggets cash in on some of the assets - from a fantasy stand point anyways.

That`s the line i expected from Gary Harris, when i drafted him (thank God i traded him before the first injury)! Take your time, Gary! Be fresh for the playoffs, now it`s Malik time :P.

This dude is balling...

Picked him up just as a fill-in spot start on my roster about 6 games ago, and since then...

He's been avg'n 20ppg/2reb/2ast on like 65.0 FG%, and about 3.0 3PM per game, while only turning the ball over under 1 T/O...

Can't ask for much more than that.

when you have Beasley,you won't miss gary harris,lol

2 hours ago, ellejamil said:

I wish I had him instead of Barton :(

When Gary comes back after the all star break you might think differently. It’s going to be very tough for Beasley to earn more than 16-20 min per with a healthy Nuggs team. We all always want to think diff but that’s most likely going to happen. Barton is the end game play here. The all star break should also help a player like him. 

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

Hope you're right

Me 2 lol as I own both Barton and Beasley atm. 

2 hours ago, chud12 said:

Same here. I even prefer Beasley at the moment, but when Gary returns, he will be expandable, probably.:(

• Like 1

Don't think its crazy to hope gary will be brought along slowly- off the bench. Beasley is easing into that awkward too good to bench territory for coach Malone imo. Hes a spark plug for entire offense, nobody not named Jokic playing better than him. Gary is overpaid and was made available at deadline to no avail, also very injury prone. If Beasley is the present and future at SG in Denver, why wouldn't they ease Gary to avoid another setback before throwing him in an offer for AD? Hot take alert.

He’s been an ideal bench guy for me in roto. Elite efficient production when he starts and I can safely bench him when he doesn’t without fear of missing a big game. And Harris has been injured so often he continues to get the major minutes to do damage.

2 hours ago, tekashi26ix said:

Don't think its crazy to hope gary will be brought along slowly- off the bench. Beasley is easing into that awkward too good to bench territory for coach Malone imo. Hes a spark plug for entire offense, nobody not named Jokic playing better than him. Gary is overpaid and was made available at deadline to no avail, also very injury prone. If Beasley is the present and future at SG in Denver, why wouldn't they ease Gary to avoid another setback before throwing him in an offer for AD? Hot take alert.

It was reported that Gary was never made available snd that’s those reports were false. Believe what you want, who knows. 

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

It was reported that Gary was never made available snd that’s those reports were false. Believe what you want, who knows. 

Somebody jumped ship on Beasley too early

12 minutes ago, tekashi26ix said:

Somebody jumped ship on Beasley too early

frustrated excuse me GIF

7 hours ago, chud12 said:

Edited by chud12
  • Haha 2