absknicks

Aaron Judge 2019 Outlook

I hope Im wrong but I dont think theres any possible way he's back before May. I say earliest he even picks up a bat is after May - then the rehab will begin - putting him on track to rejoin the team late May/early June. (assuming this is an oblique thing)

After some panic reading...i found that a "significant" oblique injury is like a month.  Not ideal at all,but man the way people are reacting on social media,it sounded like an all star break type thing.

2 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

More of a vent,but its judge related:  Im on a long drive,listening to fantasy xm,the way that they talk about this injury is panic causing. All i hear is "significant injury"...."rushed to hôpital"...."devastating news.".

Is any trip to the injured list "devastating"?  I wish theyd provide some clarity..like worst case/best case kind of stuff.  Instead they just lead you to beleive that hes out for months.

We'll see but he's probably going to be out for a month.  Judge is a beloved superstar player which is probably why its being talked about as devastating.  Its certainly devastating to the Yankees.

2 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

After some panic reading...i found that a "significant" oblique injury is like a month.  Not ideal at all,but man the way people are reacting on social media,it sounded like an all star break type thing.

Not a major publication to be sure,but heres a MUCH less oprimistic timeline.  It suggests a minor oblique injury is 6 weeks.  Every indication is that this was quite serious so youd speculate much more than that.  Of course we wont know until results come back.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsday.com/amp/sports/columnists/david-lennon/aaron-judge-yankees-injury-1.30052611

• Like 1

If you watch the video you can hear Judge dropping the F bomb as he walks to the clubhouse. I think he realizes the significance of the injury. I'd say 6-8 weeks, making the target return date early June. 

Posted (edited)

The timeline for an oblique injury is typically 3-6 weeks. Of course he shouted an expletive, he could tell he's injured and missing 1 month is significant.  No one wants to miss even 10 days, especially when he knows the teams counting on him.  Just because he yelled that out doesn't mean its the worst case scenario.

And as someone else pointed out, he was seen grimacing as he rounded the bases on his HR.  He prob was hoping it was nothing but then he took that swing and felt the pain, he knew it was not something he could play through at that point.

Edited by MrBrown
  • Thanks 1

Mr. Brown...ive been searching on and off for an effin typical revovery time. You were the first person out of like 100 that actually gave a number.  I can live with 6.  Thanks again 

Posted (edited)

1119700283846733824?s=21

ETA it says the tweet was embedded but it's not showing up on my end. 

Is there any chance that Aaron Judge avoids the injured list? “Probably not, no.” - Aaron Boone

Edited by AnonymousRob

I dont think that anyone expects a short stint.  However,given how everything has gone abysmal for me personally this year,im worried about that "182" number in the chart above combined with the fact that there has been no information or updates at all in 18 hours.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

I dont think that anyone expects a short stint.  However,given how everything has gone abysmal for me personally this year,im worried about that "182" number in the chart above combined with the fact that there has been no information or updates at all in 18 hours.

Yea we all want answers but in this case most everybody knew the outcome was bleak, once we heard Judge yell that expletive in the dugout. Yankee fans and fantasy owners of Judge had to know it was trouble. 

If it is 182 or 58 days we can’t do a damn thing. Be prepared for the worse, hope for the best. 

so I am taking it one day at a time 

Edited by shakestreet

18 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

That 182 number for Pham / 2016 is wrong. Pham was injured on opening day, activated and sent down after about 5-6 weeks later and was back with the team by mid June. 

• Thanks 1

FWIW just listened to his postgame interview today and he told the media scrum he didn't think this oblique injury was as bad as the one he experienced in September of 2016. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, absknicks said:

FWIW just listened to his postgame interview today and he told the media scrum he didn't think this oblique injury was as bad as the one he experienced in September of 2016. 

I don't recall hearing him say that.  I heard him say he didn't really want to talk about timetables or how severe it might be.  Yankees are going to wait 2 weeks and then see how he's feeling.

1 minute ago, MrBrown said:

I don't recall hearing him say that.  I heard him say he didn't really want to talk about timetables or how severe it might be.  Yankees are going to wait 2 weeks and then see how he's feeling.

Feel free to listen here: 

Never trust a player on the diagnosis of their injury. Clevinger told me he was gonna make his next start, I've fallen for that schtick way too many times. I'm mentally prepared for anything.

Fool me once shame on me, fool me twice.... can't get fooled again.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, absknicks said:

Feel free to listen here: 

Watched it live on YES but yea I wouldn't make anything of that.  And sometimes the ones that aren't as painful take the longest to heal.  Just have to wait and see.

I did preface it with FWIW. If you don't make anything of it, there's really no reason to comment in the first place. Just being argumentative for argumentative's sake.

6 hours ago, absknicks said:

I doubt anyones dropping,so ANYTHING positive is good news to all of us that need it.  I know hes not a doctor, mike clevinger, etc..but id much rather hear that than "this is much worse than last time." 

• Haha 1