AnonymousRob

Walker Buehler 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, KilloWertz said:

Sweet jesus!  That is all...

He makes it look so easy it’s crazy!

Just now, BRYZZO said:

He makes it look so easy it’s crazy!

You are not wrong.  Even though it was only 16 pitches in that video, it didn't look like he was putting that much effort into any of those filthy pitches.

Doing everything I can to try to acquire him in my keeper league.

• Like 1

The LAD website shows him as missing a start this week. Not sure why he's being skipped? Maybe due to an overall innings limitation for the year and the brass decided this was a good week to sit him?

1 hour ago, BCMarch10 said:

The LAD website shows him as missing a start this week. Not sure why he's being skipped? Maybe due to an overall innings limitation for the year and the brass decided this was a good week to sit him?

He is the Probable Pitcher for tomorrows game @COL in ESPN leagues. I'm sure it's just a typo on the LA Website. He is good to go for his Coors Field road test. 

Ok, sounds good. Earlier today, ESPN did not list him as the probable pitcher for any game this week. Glad to see the PP for June 27th in there now. I need this guy to help me win this week.

Posted (edited)

If the Dodgers were doing the normal every 5 days, then he would have pitched today, but he's been getting an extra day off (at least his last start and now tomorrow's start).  Maybe nobody was sure whether he was going to pitch today or tomorrow, although he was officially penciled in to start tomorrow on Yahoo at least by this morning.

Edited by KilloWertz

so since he is pitching in colorado, and he has been pitching incredibly, do i make an exception to the 'never play a pitcher in colorado' rule

20 minutes ago, tesla said:

so since he is pitching in colorado, and he has been pitching incredibly, do i make an exception to the 'never play a pitcher in colorado' rule

I like the never bench your studs rule more. Even if my gut feel is he will give up 4-5 runs.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Halo Fan said:

Ouch...

In the battle of the fantasy baseball rules, "never play a pitcher in Colorado" wins again vs "play your studs."

I don't care who it is I don't start them in Coors if I can avoid it.  NL West pitchers play enough there to give you a large enough sample size to just not do it.  Even prime kershaw and madbum struggled there.  Don't be fooled by an outlier here and there.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Wytchclt55 said:

In the battle of the fantasy baseball rules, "never play a pitcher in Colorado" wins again vs "play your studs."

I don't care who it is I don't start them in Coors if I can avoid it.  NL West pitchers play enough there to give you a large enough sample size to just not do it.  Even prime kershaw and madbum struggled there.  Don't be fooled by an outlier here and there.

Taken it a step farther in I won't leave RP in when playing at Coors. Just doesn't seem worth it over the years.

• Like 1

That hurt. I should have known better. I watched that game last night and Coors field looks like it's starting to play like the old, pre humidor Coors field. I don't know if the juiced ball or what, but any of you long time fantasy guys probably remember what I'm talking about.  Before Colorado started putting their game balls in the humidor, Coors Field was absolutely ridiculous, even more so than nowdays.

I remember stocking up on guys like Larry Walker, Helton, Bichette, Gallaraga, etc, and they put up video game numbers at home. But the Coors advantage was so ridiculous that during road games their timing was so off that you couldn't even play them, even though they were great hitters.  

I remember even career long spares like Jeffery Hammonds would go there and all of the sudden turn into all stars, just due to half of their games being played in Coors. Video game numbers.  If Coors Field plays the way it did last night this summer, when things really heat up, I'll be stocking my roster with every Rockie I can during home series.

9 minutes ago, lassetjus said:

Enjoy.

Beeeee-you-tee-ful

On 7/21/2019 at 9:21 PM, SuperJoint said:

Beeeee-you-tee-ful

Dotting the corner with 98 MPH then dropping a curve at 81 MPH....

5 hours ago, brooklynfinest42 said:

best Mid season trade i ever pulled off... 2nd half run of dominance.. stud

I was "all in" on him this year, in the 3 leagues where he was available, I have him.  Im not H2H, but for those that are with the Dodgers having such an overwhelming lead and their tendency to give their guys rest, I might be a little concerned about his workload limits down the stretch, but I think he is a good reminder to trust "the stuff" when it comes to the fantasy patience.  This guy got off to a pretty rough start, had a 5+ERA on May 1 and a 4+ERA on June 1.  

30 minutes ago, parrothead said:

I was "all in" on him this year, in the 3 leagues where he was available, I have him.  Im not H2H, but for those that are with the Dodgers having such an overwhelming lead and their tendency to give their guys rest, I might be a little concerned about his workload limits down the stretch, but I think he is a good reminder to trust "the stuff" when it comes to the fantasy patience.  This guy got off to a pretty rough start, had a 5+ERA on May 1 and a 4+ERA on June 1.  

maybe they give him an extra day or so in between starts or only let him go 5-6 inn but I don't feel like they will just skip his start in the rotation. just my opinion. I wouldn't want to mess with him giving him 10 days off. sp are creatures of habit