Flyman75

Khris Davis 2019 Outlook

So...yeah...what are the chances that he hits .247 for a FIFTH season in a row? How in the world has this guy managed to hit .247 for the last FOUR seasons?? The consistency from this guy is downright stupid. For four consecutive seasons, he's hit .247...he's topped 40 HR and 100 RBI for the last three...he's scored 85, 91, and 98 the last three seasons...his K% has been pretty consistent...his ISO has actually risen in each of the last four seasons...perhaps most importantly, he's played 150, 153, 151 games the last three years.

He saved his best season for his age-30 season, popping 48 HR, scoring 98 Rs, driving in 123...all career highs. 

So what does 2019 hold for Khrush? Obviously, we should expect a .247 BA once again. With his consistency, good health should bring another 150 games, 40+ HR, 110+ RBI, and 90+ Rs? His OBP ranged between .323 and 336 in 2015, 2017, 2018, so I'm guessing he'll put up an OBP between .325-330 again. 

He's kind of boring, I guess, but I sure like knowing what I should be getting from him.

• Like 3

On 12/7/2018 at 11:54 PM, Flyman75 said:

So...yeah...what are the chances that he hits .247 for a FIFTH season in a row?

Even money to do it again.    His consistency is pretty impressive to be honest.   

I love Krush. As long as he's hitting 40HR and 100RBI then I'm keeping him!

If he played on NYY or BOS then he'd have more accolades.

In 20 game eligibility leagues he is DH only, which hurts his value a little bit, I didnt own him and didnt follow that closely to where he was playing when from 130+ games in OF in 2017 to like 11 in 2018.  

• Like 1

I thought KD's auction and draft price would spike in 2019.  But no.  He is attainable for around 20-25 auction dollars, which is a huge discount to Giancarlo Stanton (35ish) amd Aaron Judge (42ish). 

I get that the Yankees have a better overall ballpark and lineup and they have hit a better average.  But is 30-40 points in batting average worth 10-20 more auction dollars spent?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, KingJoffrey said:

I thought KD's auction and draft price would spike in 2019.  But no.  He is attainable for around 20-25 auction dollars, which is a huge discount to Giancarlo Stanton (35ish) amd Aaron Judge (42ish). 

I get that the Yankees have a better overall ballpark and lineup and they have hit a better average.  But is 30-40 points in batting average worth 10-20 more auction dollars spent?

that is what I have found to be surprising. one would have to assume Davis will get 40+ HR since he has done it in 3 straight seasons. the lineup in Oakland has also improved with Chapman, Olson, Piscotty.

• Like 1

On 3/17/2019 at 5:46 AM, KingJoffrey said:

Depends if he's OF or only Util eligable. In standard 20gm leagues he's Util, i snapped him up in my other league where he's OF eligable somehow.

Either way he's a reliable masher. Amazing how he had such awesome counting stats last year though considering his AVG (less RBIs) and OBP (less runs). Have to imagine those drop a lot, though the A's offense is underrated.

6 hours ago, swfcdan said:

Depends if he's OF or only Util eligable. In standard 20gm leagues he's Util, i snapped him up in my other league where he's OF eligable somehow.

Either way he's a reliable masher. Amazing how he had such awesome counting stats last year though considering his AVG (less RBIs) and OBP (less runs). Have to imagine those drop a lot, though the A's offense is underrated.

Depends on what you define as "a lot". In his three years in Oakland, he's scored 85, 91, 98 runs, and he's driven in 102, 110, 123 runs. The 5 HR jump could account for most of the jump in runs and RBI from 2017 to 2018. If he stays healthy, I think 40 HR is a safe bet, which would safely bring 90 Rs and 110 RBI in that Oakland lineup. 

• Like 1

Does Khris get RF or LF?

On ESPN he only has DH which is limited.

How does Oakland outfield shake out?

8 minutes ago, octapuss said:

Does Khris get RF or LF?

On ESPN he only has DH which is limited.

How does Oakland outfield shake out?

He's LF only...has never played RF in the Majors. But chances are he's going to remain only a DH in ESPN. He's OF eligible in Yahoo with their low requirements for positional eligibility. He played in 10 games in LF last year, seven of them starts, and chances are good that the only time he'll play in the OF this year will be when they visit NL parks...which was the case last year. 

Just now, CallMeDKav said:

As just signed Kendrys Morales. Maybe he will play some more OF now?

Could get enough starts to qualify, though it might take awhile.

I haven't seen anyone calculate the probability of someone batting .247 4 years in a row. Has anyone ever ended up with the same BA (to 3 decimal places) even 3 years in a row?

He hit .244 the last time he didn't hit .247. That's consistency lol.

He's actually upped his OPS 4 years in a row too.

Is Khrush Hurley from “Lost”?

• Like 1

Why doesn't he have OF eligibility on ESPN? Didn't he play a bunch in the OF last year which should carry over this year? I don't understand how ESPN does it.

3 hours ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

Why doesn't he have OF eligibility on ESPN? Didn't he play a bunch in the OF last year which should carry over this year? I don't understand how ESPN does it.

Nope, he didn’t play much outfield at all last year. He played in 11 and started 10. And the only reason he got those was because of interleague play. 

• Like 1

Dude is on pace to hit 86 HR, drive in 162 runs, and break his .247 streak...an no one is talking about him 😳.

Seriously though, great start to the season for Khrush. 

• Like 1

All he does is hit bombs. 💣