Flyman75

Khris Davis 2019 Outlook

Has a .616 OPS with 7 homers and 86 Ks going all the way back to April 14th 😮

I am battling for a playoff spot and just cannot hold on anymore. He has destroyed you for 3 1/2 months. 

Krush has become a bench player for me. He plays only if needed. I'm not sure if it's the string of nagging injuries he's had this year or if his age is beginning to show.

I believe KD is still dealing with nagging injuries. He was crushing early in the season and then he hurt his hip running into the fence going after a foul ball. Then he was hit on the elbow by a pitch and hasn’t been the same since. I was reading up on him a few weeks ago and he said he’s been choking up on the bat and that’s not something power hitters do. He mentioned his hand still swells up as well.  I’m not sure why the A’s wouldn’t DL him but he’s obviously struggling. 

Another thing that could be playing a factor is he’s pressing after signing his extension. 

Maybe I’m biased but I can’t see him falling off a cliff so fast without it being injury related. He will be 32 in December but he’s been one of the best power hitters in the game over the last few years. I can’t see him going from 40+ homers all the way down to 20. Check his stats since he got hit by the pitch. He has like 3 homers over his last 50 games. He hit 10 homers in his first 17 games to start the season. 

On 8/5/2019 at 10:12 AM, BCMarch10 said:

Krush has become a bench player for me. He plays only if needed. I'm not sure if it's the string of nagging injuries he's had this year or if his age is beginning to show.

• Like 2

Out of the lineup for 3rd straight day, no report of injury.

7 minutes ago, exaulz said:

He's a banged up DH and they're playing in an NL park. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, exaulz said:

This is an article from a couple of weeks ago.

Davis bruised his left hip May 5 in Pittsburgh, while making a rare appearance in left field, and eventually landed on the injured list. Then he was hit by a pitch on his left hand June 27 in Anaheim. Davis went 2-for-26 between then and the All-Star break.

Melvin is optimistic this week’s respite helped Davis recover and rejuvenate.

“I think it’ll be key for him,” Melvin said. “He went from one injury to the next and kept wanting to play. You watch him swing and it was affected by the injuries. Hopefully, we’re past that now. Typically, when he’s healthy, he’s very productive.”

He could stand to be on the IL for a few weeks.  He’s been a big useless disappointment for months.  Emphasis on big, useless, and disappointment.  

5 hours ago, mortl said:

drop?

Seems safe.  He’s been awful for a while.  Probably playing hurt 

3 hours ago, BIGFLY4MIKETROUT said:

shouldve been dropped 2 months ago

Absolutely in redrafts but I am holding him in my 14 team dynasty. It is a lost season so let's hope for a bounce back next year. 

Dropping depends of depth of league (of course). In shallower leagues he probably should’ve been dumped a while back. You generally have to move quickly to keep production coming.

I traded for him this past week right at our trade deadline. I essentially gave up my SP7 for a wild card. He’s on my bench for now, and will be next week (5 games), but I’m hoping he can be used at some point for me, as I’m in a battle in HRs. It all really depends on league depth and team needs at this point.

He could bounce back and go on a homerun binge but I think this is a lost year for KD. 

I fully expect a bounce back season next year. 

On 8/18/2019 at 9:11 PM, Under500Forever said:

He could bounce back and go on a homerun binge but I think this is a lost year for KD. 

I fully expect a bounce back season next year. 

I agree on both counts. This is a lost year, and he'll bounce back next year. He's not a spring chicken, but he'll be 32 next year, so that isn't ancient by any means. I think it's possible he could come at a nice discount in drafts and auctions next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

3 for his last 30. Stinky

This guy is hitting .180 with 1 HR and 3 Doubles, the past 2 months!
Yet Fangraphs claims that his hard hit rate is slightly better than ever at 45,2%, and his K% is around the same as ever.
So how is his HR/FB is virtually 0?
How is he not getting base hits when he hits the ball hard?
Does not make sense.

41 minutes ago, JCD said:

This guy is hitting .180 with 1 HR and 3 Doubles, the past 2 months!
Yet Fangraphs claims that his hard hit rate is slightly better than ever at 45,2%, and his K% is around the same as ever.
So how is his HR/FB is virtually 0?
How is he not getting base hits when he hits the ball hard?
Does not make sense.

Because he is hitting the ball 40ft but 300ft in the air.

You guys really expecting a hot streak to end the season?

I'm sure he's dying to match his AVG of last few seasons of .247 or whatever it's been heh. At least that incentive is in play. Jokes aside you'd imagine he would have a bit of positive regression but if it would be enough to start him who knows.

2 hours ago, tonywow said:

You guys really expecting a hot streak to end the season?

I'm sure he's dying to match his AVG of last few seasons of .247 or whatever it's been heh. At least that incentive is in play.

Needs to hit nearly .320 the rest of the season to get to .247

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JCD said:

Needs to hit nearly .320 the rest of the season to get to .247

well he is 5 for his last 37. If my iphone calculator is correct, that's .135. Stiiinnkkkk bomb.

• Haha 1