• Announcements

• tonycpsu

Comments on New Forum Design (UPDATED with workarounds)   02/12/2019

We are aware that the current layout of the Rotoworld forums is not going over well, and we feel your pain.  Please direct any comments about the new look of the forums to help@rotoworld.com, or to this thread. For those who are able to install user styles, (e.g. with the Stylish addon for Firefox or Chrome), you may wish to try a couple of user-created alternative styles. RW Forums Tweaks by tonycpsu Rotoworld Forums Dark Mode by sngehl01  
Flyman75

Francisco Lindor 2019 Outlook

Is there any more growth left here for Lindor, or do we see him level out and/or maybe regress some in 2019? He just turned 25, so he's still young, making me think that maybe we have yet to see the best of young Francisco, which is scary, considering he just put up a .277-129-38-92-25 season. It would be nice to see his BA get back up into the .300s, but it seems that maybe he sacrificed some BA for some power. 

His HR/FB% rose to 17.3 percent, and his hard hit % jumped from 35% to 41%, making up for the drop in his FB%. 

He's been durable, playing 475 of a possible 486 games in the last three seasons. 

I tend to think that if he stays healthy this season, we could be looking at numbers somewhere in the middle of his 2017 and 2018 seasons. 

Just bank on 27-30hr, 18-20sb, 100+r, 85+RBI, and an average of .290+. I think that's his healthy average for years to come, with obviously potential for more. 

As Fuzzy said, he's #4 on my board. But I wouldn't be upset with anyone taking him 3rd based on Ramirez finish. Can't lose with either imo. 

• Like 1

Just now, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Was trying to trade for him in one league....But still about 7 weeks out until the season starts so not a huge loss.

This helps you then. His value may be down a tad from an impatient owner.

• Like 1

Damn, burns me in multiple keeper leagues. I just hope he doesn't come back too soon. Safe to say the SBs will be on the low end of expectations.

Calf strains can be tricky...gotta make sure it's right before he comes back. I am assuming he has a grade 2, which are typically 4-6 weeks, and they are just going to be extra careful to make sure it's not something that creeps back up.

23 minutes ago, Mikewastaken said:

I can't remember anyone out that long for a "calf strain." Yeesh.

Donaldson is the first name that comes to mind. But he had issues with rehab. 

Yeah calves can be tricky.

On one hand, they typically heal quickly. On the other, if not healed properly they can linger.

Was pretty much consensus top 4, but kind of got feeling after Trout and Betts, the consensus is not that firm.  There is always slight deflation in ADP when starting season on DL, I think fact its leg issue that could limit steals is another narrative.  Im guessing in just looking at drafts starting today onward he is closer to the 9-10 spot ADP.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tywalson said:

This helps you then. His value may be down a tad from an impatient owner.

I doubt he will be out enough to drop much:

Francisco Lindor suffered a strained calf recently while working out, and the Indians believe he'll miss 7-9 weeks of action.

Opening Day is seven weeks away, so Lindor will be cutting it pretty close. Still, he'll still be worth a first-round pick in mixed leagues if he can avoid any setbacks in the coming weeks. The Indians should have already been in the market for a utilityman after trading Erik Gonzalez to the Pirates, but it's more of a pressing need now. Perhaps Jose Iglesias or Adeiny Hechavarria will dip into their price range.         Feb 8 - 1:10 PM

But he will miss all of spring training so could be held back a few weeks in the minors for that before coming up to the Indians.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

With the first round you can nitpick.

Bad line-up, injury (grade 2?) that could linger irrespective of steals, and numbers driven by crazy number of PA (that’s a skill but injuries can wreck)

Back of the first round for sure now. 

Yeah, going to have to pass at this point on a 1st round price tag (or auction price equivalent). Bummer.

I'd have to see him play in Spring Training to pull the trigger on him in the top 10 at this point. I'm less worried about the SB than the chance this lingers and requires a DL stint. Its the first round, better safe than sorry.

57 minutes ago, Sidearmer said:

I'd have to see him play in Spring Training to pull the trigger on him in the top 10 at this point. I'm less worried about the SB than the chance this lingers and requires a DL stint. Its the first round, better safe than sorry.

He won't play in spring training most likely.  He probably won't be healthy enough to get the rust out until after Opening Day.  They announced 7 to 9 weeks. 

Also 7 to 9 weeks is optimistic.  The official guesses are usually not close to how long it takes to recover.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mikewastaken said:

I can't remember anyone out that long for a "calf strain." Yeesh.

Josh Donaldson missed a large portion of two seasons with the same injury

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

He won't play in spring training most likely.  He probably won't be healthy enough to get the rust out until after Opening Day.  They announced 7 to 9 weeks. 

Also 7 to 9 weeks is optimistic.  The official guesses are usually not close to how long it takes to recover.

It could be longer but he's young so it might be less, If he was older like JD, I'd be more worried

Too much risk to take in the first round.  Yes he could be back Opening Day but how long will he be rusty? Could the injury resurface?

The Indians could probably win the division with him missing 40 games or more.  They can be extra extra cautious with him.

What is the precedent when a player misses Spring Training.

🚩

2 hours ago, B&F said:

Too much risk to take in the first round.  Yes he could be back Opening Day but how long will he be rusty? Could the injury resurface?

The Indians could probably win the division with him missing 40 games or more.  They can be extra extra cautious with him.

What is the precedent when a player misses Spring Training.

🚩

Not so sure about that. They lost some key bats, EE, Brantley, Yan Gomes, Yonder Alonso. They definitely need him to come back and soon.

He had a 63% successful SB rate in the 2nd half (12 SB  19 Attempts),  1.2 BsR on the year  :wacko:    Last year was the outlier year (25 SB).  If he were able to be healthy to start the 2019 season, I would say he would get about 16-19 SBs, but with this injury I will say 12-15

Mediocre base stealing skills and now this calf injury, I think we need to temper out speed expectations from Lindor

At least for some of his offensive stats, this might be a blessing in disguise.  We all know how bad offense was across the league early on last season because of horrid weather, and they are starting even earlier this season.  The weather sure looks like it's going to be horrible again, so it might be a blessing that we don't get a week of possibly horrible offense from him.

Am I faulting people for not being willing to take him in the Top 5 now?  No. Just throwing out a thought I had when I saw the news about the injury.  One thing I will say though is I don't believe it keeps him from running once he's back.  He likes to run, and him and Ramirez push eachother.  I can see him still getting to 15-20 SBs.