Flyman75

Francisco Lindor 2019 Outlook

Just got him at 21 in a 12 team H2H...he's definitely still scaring people away.

• Like 2

Yes. Just drafted yesterday and took him at a discount. 👍🏼

Anyone think he starts opening day?

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Yes. Just drafted yesterday and took him at a discount. 👍🏼

Anyone think he starts opening day?

My guess is he misses the opening three games @ Twins and comes back for Indians opening day on 4/1. That essentially gives him two more solid weeks of rehab games and recovery. If he's hitting bombs and running out doubles then barring a setback we have not heard of yet i'm banking on that calf feeling a lot better. When healthy Lindor is an MVP candidate. I'm buying if he slides to me with all this positive news.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, RBI Sports said:

Just took him in the 2nd round. 14th overall. J-Ram was my first pick.  

Looks like all my mocks so far. Where you slotted at? #11? I’ve got them with 7th&18th picks in 4 different mock drafts 

Edited by Csiebert5

10 hours ago, RBI Sports said:

Just took him in the 2nd round. 14th overall. J-Ram was my first pick.  

Niiiice, same here, took Ramirez at 4, and Lindor at 21...go Indians I guess!

Is Lindor the steal of the (Yahoo) draft right now? Projected at $30 and average value at $36. Opened the fantasy season as a top 5 commodity but due to injury got pushed down by nearly $20 in value.

Considering he was pushing for opening day (but now will be back in the second week of the season), that's a steal.

• Like 1

Starting the year on the injured list as expected.  Not sure how much time he'll be missing.

3 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

Starting the year on the injured list as expected.  Not sure how much time he'll be missing.

He’s eligible April 4th, my money is on he returns that day.

• Like 1

This guy is an absolute STEAL in the second round if he only misses a week or two, especially since he's already been hitting (and hitting well) in spring.

1 for 4 4rbi yesterday in a minor league game and played 8 innings in the field. Congrats to everyone who got him in the second round!

• Like 1

Targeting him at 18 - My only concern with him is whether he'll be running like normal? I feel like there is a chance he just doesn't run period to avoid re-agrevating his injury

ugh. 

Francisco Lindor sustained an acute left ankle sprain while base-running during a minor league game yesterday vs AA Akron (intrasquad game). He underwent an MRI last night and findings were consistent with a mild to moderate left ankle sprain. His time frame for return is TBD

• Thanks 1

Francisco Lindor suffered an acute ankle sprain while running the bases in a minor league game Tuesday.

Lindor had almost made a full recovery from his February calf strain, and now this. There is no timetable for his regular-season debut at the moment. He underwent an MRI on Wednesday and the Indians should have an update soon. Eric Stamets will likely serve as Cleveland's primary shortstop until Lindor is ready.

Source: Cleveland Indians on Twitter     Mar 27, 2019, 2:21 PM

Is acute a thing?  Better than bad but worse than mild?

1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Is acute a thing?  Better than bad but worse than mild?

Def not good, it isn’t mild so could be 6-12 weeks depending on the grade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

So frustrating. I've been uneasy about him since drafting him and have dangled him around. Since Lindor has come up I've never given his bat the credit it deserves. When he was in the minors I always imagined him to be of the Omar Vizquel mold. Good but not great bat with stellar defense. Year in, year out he has surpassed my expectations at the plate. It figures the year I finally own him I will pay for it. 

Edited by IceGoat

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, jspeco9 said:

It's all your fault. Thanks a lot dude.

I'm sorry to let down the Lindor contingent. I will try to deal him and show myself the door. It's funny, after suffering through Corey Seager last year, I vowed I would never pay a hefty investment for a player actively hurt. Sometimes you could find yourself a good discount, most of the time it's just a headache. 

Edited by IceGoat

14 minutes ago, IceGoat said:

So frustrating. I've been uneasy about him since drafting him and have dangled him around. Since Lindor has come up I've never given his bat the credit it deserves. When he was in the minors I always imagined him to be of the Omar Vizquel mold. Good but not great bat with stellar defense. Year in, year out he has surpassed my expectations at the plate. It figures the year I finally own him I will pay for it. 

We have to split responsibility. I traded for him also and first time owner. Sorry to all

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, MrBrown said:

He wasn't in my fantasy lineup for Period 1 (11 days) either way.  I guess now he might miss 1-2 more weeks then.  Sucks but not the end of the world

Nah.  It will be much longer than 1 or 2 weeks.    Moderate sprain probably looking at least 4-6 wks maybe longer.   

Edited by TheNephilim
Was to wks
  • Like 1

Terrible news, but it's a long season and he'll be back eventually. The silver lining is this gives his calf extra time to heal, hopefully reducing his chances of re-aggravating that injury during the season. 

I don't think the time table is what matters -- it's the fear of these ailments being recurrent and what it'll mean to his base stealing once he comes back. He has a bum calf on one leg and now a bum ankle on the other.