jeffr913

Waiver Wire Thread - Week 9 ending 12/16

Who are people looking at this week? I personally need rebounds and blocks this week..looking on the wire I see

Bam Abedayo - I imagine usage will be down with Whiteside back 

Trey Lyles - logged 38 minutes last night seems to benefit from Milsap injury

Mason Plumlee - Also a benefactor from Milsap Injury. Has played good lately.

Taj Gibson - surprised he was dropped but seems to be a walking double double

Tyson Chandler

Bjelica - also contributes in 3s/assists 

If juancho is available grab him ASAP, if not i think lyles would be a better bet compared to Plumlee 

but yeah this week denver will be a mess with everyone injured so those guys should get a big bump 

• Like 1

I had to pick Juancho ASAP, however, i wasn´t so sure about it, becausa i could only pick 1 and i had to decide if it was Juancho or Kyle Anderson. What do you guys think?

2 hours ago, Rproflmao said:

If juancho is available grab him ASAP, if not i think lyles would be a better bet compared to Plumlee 

but yeah this week denver will be a mess with everyone injured so those guys should get a big bump 

Said a mouthful! Like when ppl are asleep in leagues. Can't believe he's still on several wires. RUN! My guy Will Barton will be back probably some time next week, so that's something to think about. I can't see why Lyles would be starting Juuanco, just me though.

I'm planning on picking up Ariza (10 team h2h so shallow). A lot of the other guys seem great, but don't have great schedules this week. Ariza plays M/T/Th and Tu/Thur are going to be very light schedule wise

Just a note on the Nuggets schedule: they play tomorrow and then don't play again until Friday. As tomorrow is a schedule heavy day make sure you have an open roster slot, otherwise you will only get 2 games out of your new Nugget this week and then 2 games next week. 

2 hours ago, Eltoro said:

Just a note on the Nuggets schedule: they play tomorrow and then don't play again until Friday. As tomorrow is a schedule heavy day make sure you have an open roster slot, otherwise you will only get 2 games out of your new Nugget this week and then 2 games next week. 

Nuggets play 3 times next week. Monday, Friday and Sunday

8 hours ago, 14MrGame said:

Nuggets play 3 times next week. Monday, Friday and Sunday

He was saying you most likely wont have to play whoever you pick up tomorrow hence leaving only 2 useful games.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, mmcc1029 said:

He was saying you most likely wont have to play whoever you pick up tomorrow hence leaving only 2 useful games.

Yeah especially because the Nuggets play a good defense in Memphis tomorrow. So if you've already got a full roster you're not going to play your Nugget waiver wire pickup and then you only get 4 games out of the next two weeks combined.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Brandayz said:

Satoransky maybe with Wall's heel problem

Agreed 110%. Guy was awesome with Wall out last year. 

I'm en-Theis-ed to pick up Danny T w/ Baynes, Hayward, Horford, Kyrie, The Dancing Bear, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Dana Barros all OUT and DOUBTFUL tonight for the C's.

He blew up for 52 fantasy points last game with more guys playing...:ph34r:

Also, nab Trey Lyles...do it!

Edited by dfstout
  • Like 1

Keeping an eye on the Denver situation.  I only managed to get Juancho last week.  Who's the better pickup for a guard?  Malik Beasley or Monte Morris.  I can also probably wait until later in the week to get one of them.  Denver don't play again til Friday.

edit: I assume Nick Young will get minutes and good for streaming 3's.

Edited by gill2k

1 hour ago, dfstout said:

I'm en-Theis-ed to pick up Danny T w/ Baynes, Hayward, Horford, Kyrie, The Dancing Bear, Larry Bird, Kevin McHale and Dana Barros all OUT and DOUBTFUL tonight for the C's.

He blew up for 52 fantasy points last game with more guys playing...:ph34r:

Also, nab Trey Lyles...do it!

Nice!  I fired him up for today too.  Hopefully gets lots of burn.  He might be an interesting dynasty league play as well, with Horford getting older, Baynes and Semi being more bench/role players...Theis might be the most talented skill wise out of the 3 of them...then again he might not be fantasy relevant for another 2-3 years if at all.  

Edited by hipriest69
  • Like 1

Dude has that nice combo of outside shooting and outstanding block potential

Edited by hipriest69
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gill2k said:

Keeping an eye on the Denver situation.  I only managed to get Juancho last week.  Who's the better pickup for a guard?  Malik Beasley or Monte Morris.  I can also probably wait until later in the week to get one of them.  Denver don't play again til Friday.

edit: I assume Nick Young will get minutes and good for streaming 3's.

Nick Young puts a wet cloth napkin...not a full blanket... on both these guys I think but the real Denver situation to monitor is the front not the back court...Juancho Juancho Man and Trey Lyzzy can both get busy...minutes galore...numbers come with minutes...

• Like 1

Luke Kennard balling now - Stanley is trash and hurt, Bullock was great last year but hurt this year, Robinson III has been trash in the starting lineup so far and Galloway is better suited to a microwave role off the bench. 

Thoughts on the dude who was drafted just before Donovan Mitchell? 

Edited by SicarioSanity

so many injuries, new Clev guy with TT hurt nance too, philly situation, denver is having multiple guys do well, pacers people are hot like thad young etc etc

Image result for elmo flames.gif

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2018 at 6:20 PM, SicarioSanity said:

Luke Kennard balling now - Stanley is trash and hurt, Bullock was great last year but hurt this year, Robinson III has been trash in the starting lineup so far and Galloway is better suited to a microwave role off the bench. 

Thoughts on the dude who was drafted just before Donovan Mitchell? 

It's a shot in the dark, but yes, there's a real chance. He has both pedigree and opportunity. Great fundamentals and footwork in highlights from that last game. Worth a free gamble, imho.