sunnyside

J.A. Happ 2019 Outlook

On 6/18/2019 at 6:17 PM, bigboyish said:

How are owners feeling about this guy? Been tempted to drop him but is this guy about to become a gold mine for Ws with the Yankees coming back to full strength?

yeah, I'm feeling like the yankees bats and his somehow usable whip are the only reason you'd ever hang on to him. dude straight up sucks and yet this was his first loss since early may. 

that said, if the yanks trade for starting pitching (which they should) this dude might be gone-zo anyways. 

Happ coming off the paternity list to face the REd Sox an easy pass for me. As an aside, I’d like to see a study of how pitchers pitch coming off paternity leave.   Intuitively (and from experience!) seems like you might be tired and distracted.  

8 hours ago, bluefrogguy said:

Happ coming off the paternity list to face the REd Sox an easy pass for me. As an aside, I’d like to see a study of how pitchers pitch coming off paternity leave.   Intuitively (and from experience!) seems like you might be tired and distracted.  

Happ is a pass regardless.  He’s been atrocious this year.  Maybe the baby will actually help.