montanski

Jalen Brunson 2018-2019 Season Outlook

I watched couple of Mavs games after i traded for Luka and saw this guy for the first time playing. Until now i never heard about him, but i am really impressed, especially for some rookie. His value is capped by presence of DSJ, but the kid has future in NBA. He looks with great IQ and as hardworker, altough his limited athletism. On the defensive end is very aggressive. He needs improvements on FT (what is this trend guard can`t shoot from the stripe?!) and is not sure with his 3, but overall is in great place to shine - Mavs appreciate IQ instead athletism. And he looks good with Doncic. He averaged 4.7 asts in last 3 games, when starting and that number is impressive when you share the ball with the future ROY.

I don`t know how fantasy productive he can be this season in long term, but thought it is shame that Melo has thread and the kid hasn`t.

• Like 2

RW deff. make strange choices who to hype. They include in the following quoted comment, games in which Brunson played 8 mins combined. If you want to give the real value for the fantasy players, state the last three games in which he is starter and plays around 29 mins a game. I know it`s not Isaac, but just try to be more useful and objective.

Jalen Brunson scored a career-high 17 points (7-of-9 FG, 2-of-4 FT) with four assists, three rebounds, one steal and one 3-pointer in 31 minutes Monday against the Magic.
Brunson made his second consecutive start in place of the injured Dennis Smith Jr. (wrist), and he did not disappoint as the Mavericks blew out the Magic. The Villanova product extended his streak of double-digit scoring games to three, and over the last five games he's averaging 10.5 points and 3.5 assists while shooting 65.5% from the field. 

• Like 1

I like this guy a lot.  Undersized and limited athleticism,  but smart and crafty.  A cj McCollum type of player. 

38 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

You guys watch him IRL? How does do play with Doncic--those FGA are pretty low.

Mavs share enough the ball and always search the extra pass. I watched the first two Brunson-Doncic games and was very surprised. In one of them, i think Brunson had more asts than Doncic. So, they co-exist very well. If i had one who can drop would pick this guy until DSJ`s return.

Edit: In the two games i watched, Brunson had more asts.

Edited by montanski
  • Like 2

So, DJ out tonight..... Any chance u think he makes it back for Thursday? Could be a nice B2B for Brunson with him out both games

1 hour ago, squidthunder said:

So, DJ out tonight..... Any chance u think he makes it back for Thursday? Could be a nice B2B for Brunson with him out both games

I doubt they will risk him with game against Suns, but he will be game-call, according to reports.

Barea done for the season. This kid could be a good pickup especially with DSJ battling injuries and poor play.....

Had that near trip dubwhen Barea was out a few weeks ago and has been serviceable in limited minutes recently.

Edited by adam_magic

Welp being a Barea owner. That sucks. But man Barea has been on and off the.court all year. Brunson had one good game. Hard to say what will happen.

Edited by Bugs bunny

Picked him up over Kleber because he will have no value when DSJ comes back, whereas Brunson shouldn’t be affected too much. For deep leaguers, won’t hurt to have this guy as your streamer.

3 hours ago, SicarioSanity said:

Picked him up over Kleber because he will have no value when DSJ comes back, whereas Brunson shouldn’t be affected too much. For deep leaguers, won’t hurt to have this guy as your streamer.

I was thinking that as well. But what if they continue Luka running point and Brunsonreally just playing his same role as he was. Then boom Kleber

2 hours ago, Bugs bunny said:

I was thinking that as well. But what if they continue Luka running point and Brunsonreally just playing his same role as he was. Then boom Kleber

I really like Brunson from what i saw in the games he played with Luka in the backcourt, but Kleber is the guy to own from the two. Luka Doesn`t pass the ball to Brunson very often and it`s a shame, because the kid is hard worker and really wants to show his skills. I think ROS he will be more valuable for Dallas in real, than for any team (under 14 league) in fantasy.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2018 at 5:39 AM, montanski said:

I watched couple of Mavs games after i traded for Luka and saw this guy for the first time playing. Until now i never heard about him, but i am really impressed, especially for some rookie. His value is capped by presence of DSJ, but the kid has future in NBA. He looks with great IQ and as hardworker, altough his limited athletism. On the defensive end is very aggressive. He needs improvements on FT (what is this trend guard can`t shoot from the stripe?!) and is not sure with his 3, but overall is in great place to shine - Mavs appreciate IQ instead athletism. And he looks good with Doncic. He averaged 4.7 asts in last 3 games, when starting and that number is impressive when you share the ball with the future ROY.

I don`t know how fantasy productive he can be this season in long term, but thought it is shame that Melo has thread and the kid hasn`t.

You have been prescient on Brunson. What do you think now? Will Brunson stick as starting PG, and does it matter?

7 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

You have been prescient on Brunson. What do you think now? Will Brunson stick as starting PG, and does it matter?

The coach likes him, because he is not a ball hog and plays hard on D. For rookie with very limited athletism, he is doing great and already improved one of his flaws - FT shooting. The problem is that Luka doesn`t trust him and rarely pass the ball to him. Maybe because Brunson is a rookie or maybe because he is not a threat from the 3pt range. However, i think he will be the starting PG (even if Carlisle try Burke at some point, i don`t see his scoring first style to mesh well with both - Luka and the coach) ROS, but overall his mins will be in 26-28 range at best. In 12+ leagues he is worth stash def. for the oportunity that he will have, but the truth is - he is better in real than fantasy. If Mavs don`t add PG for next season and he works hard in the summer, he is breakout candidate for next season. The kid is winner and hard worker, just needs more pro games under his belt. He can be very useful in Roto, if can make 1 three and 1 steal with good %s and around 5 asts, next year.

• Thanks 1

Been getting 30+ minutes the last 3 games, averaging 15.6 pts, 7 assists, 1.3 threes. Only competition trey burke... must add?

If this “pop” Doncic said something about is anything legitimate, Brunson might be a league winner. Keeping very close eye here

i picked him up if you need assist .. they will play him why not

• Like 1

Tempted to add him right now before SA tomorrow. SA is terrible vs PG. idk if batum or Levert worth the drop, who are ya’ll dropping for him? 

Must add in 10 team of doncic is out for the season ? 

8 hours ago, Gdupm6 said:

Must add in 10 team of doncic is out for the season ? 

Nobody is a must add in a 10 teamer. Plus out for season? It's a strain. Yes they'll be cautious but let's not jump the gun here.

1 hour ago, Bugs bunny said:

Nobody is a must add in a 10 teamer. Plus out for season? It's a strain. Yes they'll be cautious but let's not jump the gun here.

He might even be worse w luka out. Sure volume opportunities go up but is he or the team even good enough to take advantage? Luka gives a guy like him freedom to operate even if upside is capped. 

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Born_Slippy said:

Must add for next week - 3 games in first 4 days 

yea main reason i grabbed him but 34 pts ? im impressed, did not see it coming 

Edited by malixx