bballshinobi

NBA Trade Season 2018-2019

8 minutes ago, RingMyBell said:

Salty

lol he never had mentions there to begin with

I think Magic drafted true leader and future HoF in Lonzo... and his dad :lol:!

8 hours ago, montanski said:

Randle will be gone for sure. I own Miro too and he will be out like Randle. Williams will start ROS and think that he will be hot pick up in the next few days. Your only problem will be where Randle will land at the deadline. I expect Pels players to have following situations after the deadline:

AD - really bad (shutdown) or slightly worse (if traded)

Randle - worse than now (for the contender i doubt that he will put the same numbers)

Miro - better (or same - depends on his teammates usage in the new team)

Okafor - excellent (if AD is shutted down, the frontcourt is his)

Williams - excellent (he will start sooner than later no matter what will happen with Hill)

Moore - worse than now

Jrue - excellent (but possible shutdown later in the season or missing often games with minor injuries)

I think AD's per game offense will suffer if traded but get boosted by a better schedule... the pelicans play the fewest games in the playoffs, so most destinations will improve his game count, particularly the Lakers.

I am dubious that Okafor and Williams keep putting up monster lines after the deadline. If all these starters are traded they are likely bringing back other starters in return, and if they aren't traded then Okafor and Williams go back to the bench. Good streamers for the week but ROS outlook is meh imo.

1 minute ago, Eltoro said:

I think AD's per game offense will suffer if traded but get boosted by a better schedule... the pelicans play the fewest games in the playoffs, so most destinations will improve his game count, particularly the Lakers.

I am dubious that Okafor and Williams keep putting up monster lines after the deadline. If all these starters are traded they are likely bringing back other starters in return, and if they aren't traded then Okafor and Williams go back to the bench. Good streamers for the week but ROS outlook is meh imo.

I play roto, so i don`t know the shedules and the playoffs.

The only way i can see Jah and Williams to the bench and with reduced role is if AD is traded before the deadline. The other trades will be for draft picks, not players who will start right away. Especially for the C position. There will be incoming guys + picks, but i doubt that these guys will be some young prospects. It`s young talent or pick, neither of Miro, Randle, Moore is worth both. But we will see soon... The pressure around the deadline is crazy.

13 minutes ago, montanski said:

I play roto, so i don`t know the shedules and the playoffs.

The only way i can see Jah and Williams to the bench and with reduced role is if AD is traded before the deadline. The other trades will be for draft picks, not players who will start right away. Especially for the C position. There will be incoming guys + picks, but i doubt that these guys will be some young prospects. It`s young talent or pick, neither of Miro, Randle, Moore is worth both. But we will see soon... The pressure around the deadline is crazy.

Yeah it's hard to say what will happen but I feel like Demps will want to come away with some young pieces to at least show there's hope for the future. I can't see them sending out everyone and simply getting picks back.

If the Pels get the deal done now can they trade more at the deadline? Miro, Randle, and more looking for a new home before deadline?

2 minutes ago, rob0403 said:

If the Pels get the deal done now can they trade more at the deadline? Miro, Randle, and more looking for a new home before deadline?

The logic is to make the smaller deals first, to make room for the incoming players in AD deal. But in any case Miro, Randle, Moore will be gone in next 3 days.

Any one else just here checking for a trade every hour so they can make fantasy moves, or is it just me.

• Like 1

Any Hield owners in here? I see lots of rumors about Barnes going to the kings. Having had Barnes for most of the season before trading him away, should we be concerned that he’ll take handfuls of shots away from Buddy?

I’ve got several spots cleared for this week, but the waiver wire has been so juicy recently that I may need to clear one more just in case.

1 minute ago, mcflywalker said:

Any Hield owners in here? I see lots of rumors about Barnes going to the kings. Having had Barnes for most of the season before trading him away, should we be concerned that he’ll take handfuls of shots away from Buddy?

I’ve got several spots cleared for this week, but the waiver wire has been so juicy recently that I may need to clear one more just in case.

Not worried about it. This year I’m pretty confident in Buddy getting his. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

Why would the Kings want Barnes?  Hield, BB, and Bagley are all better (or going to be better) than Barnes...why stifle the development of 3 talented players for a guy who has already hit his peak as an average (maybe slightly better than average) player?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, nospmoht04 said:

Just you.  I’m doing every 15 min. 

LOL 😂 Best answer today 

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, hakeemthedream said:

What is the fastest source of news? Twitter?

Yeah I mean Woj or Shams Twitter.  I just check here really, someone posts it pretty quick. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jmoney23 said:

Why would the Kings want Barnes?  Hield, BB, and Bagley are all better (or going to be better) than Barnes...why stifle the development of 3 talented players for a guy who has already hit his peak as an average (maybe slightly better than average) player?

You're asking the wrong guy. But look at some trade articles and they have Barnes tied to Kings for some reason. Kings blogs calling for it, Bleacher just put out a prediction on it, NBC sports calling Barnes a logical trade deadline target for the kings.

6 minutes ago, nospmoht04 said:

Yeah I mean Woj or Shams Twitter.  I just check here really, someone posts it pretty quick. 

Ditto on this. But my go-to right now is FantasyLabsNBA on Twitter. They even dropped some Woj level news before Woj did recently, forgot what it was but they got some praise for it—plus, they deliver the news on injuries and player status before roto gets a whiff.

Edited by mcflywalker

5 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

You're asking the wrong guy. But look at some trade articles and they have Barnes tied to Kings for some reason. Kings blogs calling for it, Bleacher just put out a prediction on it, NBC sports calling Barnes a logical trade deadline target for the kings.

Probably because the Kings have cap space and need more depth on the wing / another scorer, and Barnes wouldn't come with a high price tag / cost a ton to acquire 

Edited by hipriest69

The Raptors reportedly reached out to the Grizzlies with an offer of Kyle Lowry and Jonas Valanciunas for Mike Conley and Marc Gasol.

Wow, Masai Ujiri never stops building and loyalty to his players doesn't appear to be one of his noteworthy qualities. The Grizzlies have engaged with the Jazz and Pistons regarding Conley, with Utah offering a combo of Ricky Rubio and Derrick Favors and Detroit building their package around Reggie Jackson and draft compensation; but this offer from Toronto would be the strongest win-now move for Memphis. Kyle Lowry has reportedly been made aware of the trade discussions, and it's unclear exactly how far these talks went.

6 minutes ago, mchspd3 said:

The Raptors reportedly reached out to the Grizzlies with an offer of Kyle Lowry and Jonas Valanciunas for Mike Conley and Marc Gasol.

Wow, Masai Ujiri never stops building and loyalty to his players doesn't appear to be one of his noteworthy qualities. The Grizzlies have engaged with the Jazz and Pistons regarding Conley, with Utah offering a combo of Ricky Rubio and Derrick Favors and Detroit building their package around Reggie Jackson and draft compensation; but this offer from Toronto would be the strongest win-now move for Memphis. Kyle Lowry has reportedly been made aware of the trade discussions, and it's unclear exactly how far these talks went.

Don’t see this one happening. That’d be a bad move for Memphis.