bballshinobi

NBA Trade Season 2018-2019

Magic getting calls on Ross, trying to move simmons as well

Should just pull the trigger and send out Ross (having a nice year so will get some value back) and Simmons (easy to move)

Then send away vucevic unless confident on resigning which ya never know, need that stud Guard to be a relevant contender, if only we had drafted one (oladipo smh) so moving Vuc is needed unless they think hes coming back, we seem to develop useful bigs pretty regularly

20 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Should just pull the trigger and send out Ross (having a nice year so will get some value back) and Simmons (easy to move)

Then send away vucevic unless confident on resigning which ya never know, need that stud Guard to be a relevant contender, if only we had drafted one (oladipo smh) so moving Vuc is needed unless they think hes coming back, we seem to develop useful bigs pretty regularly

Vuc as good as gone, Bamba is the future at C. Vuc has never been more valuable.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

The problem with Vuc is that 29 GMs in NBA knows that he is on the block and will low ball Magic. And what team in NBA, which will be buyer at the deadline needs All-Star C? From ECF i see the Hornets as the only one, but their assets are trash. In WCF i see 3 teams who need help on C spot: LAC (but i don`t see Jerry West to sacrifice assets; his strategy is more longterm), Sac (serbian GM to trade for player from Montenegro?!; he didn`t draft player from Slovenija, so i doubt that it will happen) and NOP (if they decide to fire Gentry and try again to play with 2 bigs) and their only asset is this years` pick. So, the market will be very, very weak. Ross will be gone, for sure, because some desperate team like NOP will give 1st rounder. Simmons, if Magic can sell him, will be for 2nd rounder, 2 at best. By the way, the best trade partners for Vuc are Lakers and Celtics, but they will stay pat to chase AD, so - bad luck.

I can`t see the strategy of Orlando`s GM - no PG, overpaid Fournier and Gordon and my favorite "the eternal hope" Isaac. And they will be late for tanking, because are chasing that 8th spot, which if/when they trade Vuc will become a dream. Someone should make a decision for longterm strategy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, montanski said:

The problem with Vuc is that 29 GMs in NBA knows that he is on the block and will low ball Magic. And what team in NBA, which will be buyer at the deadline needs All-Star C? From ECF i see the Hornets as the only one, but their assets are trash. In WCF i see 3 teams who need help on C spot: LAC (but i don`t see Jerry West to sacrifice assets; his strategy is more longterm), Sac (serbian GM to trade for player from Montenegro?!; he didn`t draft player from Slovenija, so i doubt that it will happen) and NOP (if they decide to fire Gentry and try again to play with 2 bigs) and their only asset is this years` pick. So, the market will be very, very weak. Ross will be gone, for sure, because some desperate team like NOP will give 1st rounder. Simmons, if Magic can sell him, will be for 2nd rounder, 2 at best. By the way, the best trade partners for Vuc are Lakers and Celtics, but they will stay pat to chase AD, so - bad luck.

I can`t see the strategy of Orlando`s GM - no PG, overpaid Fournier and Gordon and my favorite "the eternal hope" Isaac. And they will be late for tanking, because are chasing that 8th spot, which if/when they trade Vuc will become a dream. Someone should make a decision for longterm strategy.

Yea either trade em off or go for it, feel like theyre in limbo rn which is the worst place to be in todays NBA

7 hours ago, montanski said:

I actually think Sac is the more plausible one, unless they make smaller moves like the Kanter-WCS trade. The problem I see with that is that they have a buttload of big men

So Maxi Kleber looks like a strong hold? If DSJ gets traded and Luka starts at PG, he will be the starting 4?

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, t0087669 said:

So Maxi Kleber looks like a strong hold? If DSJ gets traded and Luka starts at PG, he will be the starting 4?

I think if Suns will trade for DSJ, they will trade some of their 1000 wings (maybe Oubre for example), he will move Kleber to the bench. Same situation with Magic (Simmons for example). Dallas will look for wing player in any DSJ deal - they are chasing that 8th spot.

Edited by montanski

Report: The Mavs want to trade DSJ in a deal that includes Wesley Matthews

Interesting - DSJ+Wes = close to 22,5 mil. That`s 2 maybe even 3 players or some bigger fish...

2 minutes ago, montanski said:

Report: The Mavs want to trade DSJ in a deal that includes Wesley Matthews

Interesting - DSJ+Wes = close to 22,5 mil. That`s 2 maybe even 3 players or some bigger fish...

Seems like the Suns would be stupid enough to figure a trade for them

• Haha 1

Wes is FA, so that`s not bad for Suns and they will take defensive PG (they are looking for that, right?). But in that case the trade will be more complicate to construct. I doubt Mavs will take Ryan`s crazy contract, so they will ask for TJ and 2 more players. It looks that deal with Suns will require 3rd team. On the other hand with Magic is easier DJ Augustin/Ross/Simmons and some pick for DSJ/Wes, for example. It`s win-win, i think.

The signing restrictions for Marcus Smart, Joe Harris, Zach LaVine, Rodney Hood, Nikola Jokic, Will Barton, Chris Paul, Clint Capela, Avery Bradley, Montrezl Harrell, Paul George, Jerami Grant, Aaron Gordon, Jusuf Nurkic, Davis Bertans, Bryn Forbes, Fred VanVleet, Derrick Favors, Raul Neto and Dante Exum will be lifted on Tuesday January 15. Hood and LaVine have veto power on any trade.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, nadertime78 said:

Smith for Isaac.  

Both are bad fits in current spots

Each team thought about drafting the other player. 

Would be awesome but Magic won’t do it, they know how good Isaac can be but they’ll be too stubborn to let him go. Rather play him out of position 

Total speculation on my part but I like Brooklyn and Orlando working on DLo and Jared Dudley for Vuc and Simmons. Each side upgrades a position of need. Orlando gets their PG of the future who still has a year left on the deal. Brooklyn gets an upgrade at PF to pair with Allen down low and gives them flexibility to either re-sign Vuc or use the cap room on another max FA this off-season

Edited by 2pac
Clarification

There are some rumblings that Marc Gasol will not exercise his PO and will hit the market after this season.  If that's the case, Grizzlies will surely try to shop him, especially as they continue to fall in the standings.  This would create a great opportunity for JJJ and also give Conley a slight boost in value as "the guy", so targeting either guy now could get you a bit of a value ROS with a Gasol trade.

1 minute ago, jmoney23 said:

There are some rumblings that Marc Gasol will not exercise his PO and will hit the market after this season.  If that's the case, Grizzlies will surely try to shop him, especially as they continue to fall in the standings.  This would create a great opportunity for JJJ and also give Conley a slight boost in value as "the guy", so targeting either guy now could get you a bit of a value ROS with a Gasol trade.

I've only seen this rumor pop up yesterday and it was more speculation, like exploring their options should they continue to lose like they've been doing.

47 minutes ago, jmoney23 said:

I wouldn’t exactly target any MEM players. Their PO schedule, if you don’t have a bye week on week one, will bury you. You have to have planned well in advance to counter the games you’ll miss on week 1 and 2 especially if you have more than 1 grizzly. If anything, I’d target Marc in hopes he gets traded. He will start wherever he lands and any schedule is better than his current.

If the Grizzlies continue to fall apart, where could Gasol go and what's his price? considering his age and the fact that he accounts for $24.1M this season and has a player option for $25.6M next year. More than likely, they'd have to take on bad contracts. Spurs could def use him, as could the Hornets, but why would the Grizzlies want to take on say... Pau Gasol/Mills or Nick Batum? Cavs could send Love to get out of his contract, but if the Grizzlies are gonna rebuild, that's an awful contract.

Actually... the Kings would be a great destination for Gasol and the Kings could send Z-Bo + Shumpert + picks. I'd actually like to see that happen.

None of this is based on anything, it's just me not wanting to get started on work.

1 hour ago, claptondecheeks said:

If the Grizzlies continue to fall apart, where could Gasol go and what's his price? considering his age and the fact that he accounts for $24.1M this season and has a player option for $25.6M next year. More than likely, they'd have to take on bad contracts. Spurs could def use him, as could the Hornets, but why would the Grizzlies want to take on say... Pau Gasol/Mills or Nick Batum? Cavs could send Love to get out of his contract, but if the Grizzlies are gonna rebuild, that's an awful contract.

Actually... the Kings would be a great destination for Gasol and the Kings could send Z-Bo + Shumpert + picks. I'd actually like to see that happen.

None of this is based on anything, it's just me not wanting to get started on work.

Gasol doesn't really  fit sac and their uptempo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 2pac said:

Total speculation on my part but I like Brooklyn and Orlando working on DLo and Jared Dudley for Vuc and Simmons. Each side upgrades a position of need. Orlando gets their PG of the future who still has a year left on the deal. Brooklyn gets an upgrade at PF to pair with Allen down low and gives them flexibility to either re-sign Vuc or use the cap room on another max FA this off-season

Nets already have a center in Jarrett Allen, and Vuc is not a PF.

• Like 3