bballshinobi

NBA Trade Season 2018-2019

who do we think is the winner in Memphis if Gasol/conley gets traded?

defintiely depends on who they get back ofc, but im assuming grizz would be in rebuild.

think JJJ definite winner, but what about in regards to slomo, justin holiday, and jamychal?

23 minutes ago, calebcjy said:

defintiely depends on who they get back ofc, but im assuming grizz would be in rebuild.

think JJJ definite winner, but what about in regards to slomo, justin holiday, and jamychal?

Hard to see Conley and gasoline getting packaged when they could net more picks if traded separately. Jaymyke could get shipped too, and temple, as salary matchers or trade sweeteners. I'm looking at jjj and holiday.

37 minutes ago, calebcjy said:

JJJ will get more playing time and usage, but who's gonna set him up if Gasol and Conley are traded? At this stage of his career he's not somebody who can just goes out and get buckets on his own. Well, it's not like JJJ is available in anybody's FA anyways...

I personally would actually target the players sent to Memphis. If there's a playmaking/scorer being sent back to Memphis then I think he'll actually be the winner - kindda like Tyreke Evans last year - because somebody will have to dribble the ball 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The only people I’d target from these rumors is Gasol and Conley. A trade away helps with the stress of them resting. But better yet, the MEM playoff schedule is so trash. You might as well kiss your season goodbye if you have more than one Grizzly or a Grizzly and a Warrior and you don’t have a BYE week to start.

A Wall for Conley swap could work. Boost for both players and also JJJ.

Trade Gasol for young-ish player in 2nd/3rd year of contract plus far-off picks. KCP plus late first/2nd rounder comes to mind.

23 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

A Wall for Conley swap could work. Boost for both players and also JJJ.

Trade Gasol for young-ish player in 2nd/3rd year of contract plus far-off picks. KCP plus late first/2nd rounder comes to mind.

Come on - Gasol is not worth only trash SG in contract year and late first. His value even at this stage of his career is more respectable. Don`t forget he has PO, so his contract is no near disaster like Conley`s or Wall`s for example. Memphis will look for young asset on rookie scale contract + mid-round pick, at least. KCP`s value is 2nd rounder. Even Rockets, which were desperate early in the season, didn`t throw 1st rounder for him. And we all know how Morrey values late 1sts. KCP made big money last 2 seasons only because his agent is Rich Paul and Magic wants to satisfy LBJ in all possible ways.

10 minutes ago, montanski said:

Come on - Gasol is not worth only trash SG in contract year and late first. His value even at this stage of his career is more respectable. Don`t forget he has PO, so his contract is no near disaster like Conley`s or Wall`s for example. Memphis will look for young asset on rookie scale contract + mid-round pick, at least. KCP`s value is 2nd rounder. Even Rockets, which were desperate early in the season, didn`t throw 1st rounder for him. And we all know how Morrey values late 1sts. KCP made big money last 2 seasons only because his agent is Rich Paul and Magic wants to satisfy LBJ in all possible ways.

I agree, KCP isn't worth that. But you'd be hard-pressed to find buyers for a C of Gasol's ilk outside of the Lakers, but they don't want to trade any of their young core. Otto would have been a perfect salary match too, but the Wiz has taken him off the market.

14 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

I agree, KCP isn't worth that. But you'd be hard-pressed to find buyers for a C of Gasol's ilk outside of the Lakers, but they don't want to trade any of their young core. Otto would have been a perfect salary match too, but the Wiz has taken him off the market.

I think Charlotte can use him despite the will to play faster. Mavs can make a push, too. He fits in their system and is upgrade on Jordan. Blazzers and Spurs will be interesting destinations, too, but they don`t have assets for him. Sac is the best option from assets/cap space perspective, but Joerger made some comments in the past about his tenure with Grizzlies and Gasol... In the end,  really the market will not be so crowded for Gasol (like for Vuc), but in negotiations with Lakers, the price will be way higher. Memphis fans still remember Pau`s trade and in such a difficult situation for the team i don`t see trade with LAL, especially only for KCP + pick. They will want Hart, at least. He is perfect player for their system.

Edited by montanski

3 minutes ago, montanski said:

I think Charlotte can use him despite the will to play faster. Mavs can make a push, too. He fits in their system and is upgrade on Jordan. Blazzers and Spurs will be interesting destinations, too, but they don`t have assets for him. Sac is the best option from assets/cap space perspective, but Joerger made some comments in the past about his tenure with Grizzlies and Gasol... In the end,  really the market will not be so crowded for Gasol (like for Vuc), but in negotiations with Lakers, the price will be way higher. Memphis fans still remember Pau`s trade and in such a difficult situation for the team i don`t see trade with LAL, especially only for KCP + pick. They will want Hart, at least. He is perfect player for their system.

I was going to suggest Hart but salary matching is hard with him

1 minute ago, ellejamil said:

I was going to suggest Hart but salary matching is hard with him

Yeah! I just realized, that the salary matching is hard with everyone from Lakers roster. They will need a 3rd team to try for Gasol and that will be very tough task. Sac is the obvious choice (full with expiring sallary matching contracts), but there is no way they help their rival to get better for the fight for that 8th spot.

5 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

NY and CHI discussing Jabari Parker trade. Maybe Kanter gets involved?

Yeah, as the blurb and Shams mentioned, a third team would have to be involved. That makes it tough for everyone involved. I guess if it's SAC, then CHI can take on some expiring contracts but definitely not Koufos since they're trying to unload Lopez as it is.

2 hours ago, Brandayz said:

Would Parker in NYC be good or bad?? :S

I think good this year but not so much when KP comes back.  He needs to defend better and he pretty much locked into PF.

On 1/22/2019 at 4:24 PM, montanski said:

Yeah! I just realized, that the salary matching is hard with everyone from Lakers roster. They will need a 3rd team to try for Gasol and that will be very tough task. Sac is the obvious choice (full with expiring sallary matching contracts), but there is no way they help their rival to get better for the fight for that 8th spot.

I think if he goes to Sac, Memphis would ask for a young player like Giles + a pick in return + Randolph or whatever matching salary it takes, and I don't think Sac wants to trade Giles.  

Lakers for Hart, or maybe Wagner, not sure what Chandler's salary is like?  

9 minutes ago, hipriest69 said:

I think if he goes to Sac, Memphis would ask for a young player like Giles + a pick in return + Randolph or whatever matching salary it takes, and I don't think Sac wants to trade Giles.  

Lakers for Hart, or maybe Wagner, not sure what Chandler's salary is like?  

Lakers offer must be (in terms of salary) Hart+Wagner+Lance+KCP to make the trade succesful. There is no way Gasol to be traded to Lakers without 3rd team.

What if the Lakers rolled out a starting 5 of Conley, Ball, Lebron, Kuzma, Gasol.  Contenders?  Or not quite enough... 

1 minute ago, hipriest69 said:

What if the Lakers rolled out a starting 5 of Conley, Ball, Lebron, Kuzma, Gasol.  Contenders?  Or not quite enough... 

:lol: To make that trade happen, Lakers must trade all of their players except LBJ, Kuzma and Chandler. :lol: Conley + Marc salaries = close to 55 mil.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, montanski said:

:lol: To make that trade happen, Lakers must trade all of their players except LBJ, Kuzma and Chandler. :lol: Conley + Marc salaries = close to 55 mil.

Lol and still lose to GS

Just now, hipriest69 said:

Lol and still lose to GS

And to 2-3 WCF teams, too.

Looks like Conley might be a fit for the bottom playoff teams in the East - Wash, Detroit, or Miami if they're kidding themselves, but could also see Gasol possibly packaged to any of those teams as well.  All 3 have shtty contracts to unload.   Any of those 3 could think with an upgrade at point guard and center, with 2 impact players, might be enough to make a run in the playoffs.  

Edited by hipriest69

17 minutes ago, montanski said:

And to 2-3 WCF teams, too.

assuming Lakers make playoffs this year

Edited by Gile Pile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hipriest69 said:

Lol and still lose to GS

Well, you can combine any two of the best NBA teams and they will still lose to the Warriors

1 hour ago, bballshinobi said:

Well, you can combine any two of the best NBA teams and they will still lose to the Warriors

Toronto + Boston   vs Golden State; Warriors lose in 5