bballshinobi

NBA Trade Season 2018-2019

8 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Toronto + Boston   vs Golden State; Warriors lose in 5

Kyrie, kawhi, Tatum, Ibaka, and Horford

vs

curry, Klay, Durant, Draymond, boogie

Sorry man warriros will have 2 of the 3 best players on the court, and 4 of the 6. best. Even if kyrie and Kawhi play Curry and KD to a draw, no way Tatum, Ibaka, and Horford outplay Klay, Boogie, and Draymond. 

Warriors will win in 6 easily

2 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

vs

Sorry man warriros will have 2 of the 3 best players on the court, and 4 of the 6. best. Even if kyrie and Kawhi play Curry and KD to a draw, no way Tatum, Ibaka, and Horford outplay Klay, Boogie, and Draymond. 

While I agree the warriors still win, I think the optimal lineup would be

Lowry, Irving, Kawhi, Siakam, Horford/Ibaka

Just now, stay_woke said:

While I agree the warriors still win, I think the optimal lineup would be

Lowry, Irving, Kawhi, Siakam, Horford/Ibaka

Playoff Lowry is so garbage though...

10 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

vs

Tor is 2:0 vs GS this season. 

Also, GS starters cannot play 48 minutes and their bench is garbage.

Starting 5  for Tor + Bos  would be imo:

Kawhi, Irving, Siakam, Tatum, Horford

GS will have to defend all 5 positions and there is no place to hide Curry.  And once bench comes in (Ibaka, Lowry, Brown, Smart, Green)  it is the same thing.  GS might win one, but depth that Tor+Bos have will win the series

Sometimes you need to  depend on the team to win the series

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

assuming Lakers make playoffs this year

The team is constructed to beat the GSW (according to Magic), not to make the playoffs! :lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Tor is 2:0 vs GS this season. 

Also, GS starters cannot play 48 minutes and their bench is garbage.

Starting 5  for Tor + Bos  would be imo:

Kawhi, Irving, Siakam, Tatum, Horford

GS will have to defend all 5 positions and there is no place to hide Curry.  And once bench comes in (Ibaka, Lowry, Brown, Smart, Green)  it is the same thing.  GS might win one, but depth that Tor+Bos have will win the series

Sometimes you need to  depend on the team to win the series

If you observe those closely contested playoff series you will notice that coaches don't play more than 7-8 player, and the 8th man usually just comes in for a few minutes to steal a breather for the star players. 

Game 7, Lakers vs. Celtics, 2010 Finals - only 6 players played more than 20 mins for Celtics, 5 for the Lakers

Game 7, Rockets vs. Warriors, 2018 WCF  - only 5 players played more than 20 mins for Warriors, 5 for the Rockets too

Game 7, Cavs vs. Warriors, 2016 Finals - only 6 players played more than 20 mins for Cavs (7 if you count Shumpert's 19 mins), 5 for Warriors

Truth is in the playoffs you only play your 5 best players when all the chips are on the table. You can have your Kyle Lowry (allergic to pressure during the months of April and May, symptoms fatal during June), Jaylen Brown (too young and inconsistent), Smart (can't shoot), Green (can't create), but any minute you give to them is minute you are taking away from your best players. There are so many breaks during a NBA game that playing 40-45 minutes is not a problem for these athletes, so in a playoff series it's more important to have quality instead of quantity. 

You will have to combine 3 NBA teams in order to beat the Warriors.  Maybe if Lebron, Kyrie, AD, and Kawhi team up then they have a chance lol

7 hours ago, bballshinobi said:

If you observe those closely contested playoff series you will notice that coaches don't play more than 7-8 player, and the 8th man usually just comes in for a few minutes to steal a breather for the star players. 

Game 7, Lakers vs. Celtics, 2010 Finals - only 6 players played more than 20 mins for Celtics, 5 for the Lakers

Game 7, Rockets vs. Warriors, 2018 WCF  - only 5 players played more than 20 mins for Warriors, 5 for the Rockets too

Game 7, Cavs vs. Warriors, 2016 Finals - only 6 players played more than 20 mins for Cavs (7 if you count Shumpert's 19 mins), 5 for Warriors

Truth is in the playoffs you only play your 5 best players when all the chips are on the table. You can have your Kyle Lowry (allergic to pressure during the months of April and May, symptoms fatal during June), Jaylen Brown (too young and inconsistent), Smart (can't shoot), Green (can't create), but any minute you give to them is minute you are taking away from your best players. There are so many breaks during a NBA game that playing 40-45 minutes is not a problem for these athletes, so in a playoff series it's more important to have quality instead of quantity. 

You will have to combine 3 NBA teams in order to beat the Warriors.  Maybe if Lebron, Kyrie, AD, and Kawhi team up then they have a chance lol

We are forgetting Hayward, Morris, Rozier, Baynes, OG, JV.    We will never know, but that would be an awesome finals.   Only way to win for GS would be to play 3 or more   starters  all the time in order to hide their terrible bench.  Playing 40+ minutes at 100% effort (or you loose for sure in this scenario)  is a problem in playoff series.   I would love to see this final matchup, All Star games that matter the most

Are we really not gonna y’all about Embiid, Simmons, General Soreness?  

Lowry

kawhi

simmons

soreness

embiid

bench

siakam

mcconnell

ibaka

redick

I’d take this crew for the defense

3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

We are forgetting Hayward, Morris, Rozier, Baynes, OG, JV.    We will never know, but that would be an awesome finals.   Only way to win for GS would be to play 3 or more   starters  all the time in order to hide their terrible bench.  Playing 40+ minutes at 100% effort (or you loose for sure in this scenario)  is a problem in playoff series.   I would love to see this final matchup, All Star games that matter the most

That's the only way a close playoff series is won anyways. You play your superstars 40-45 minutes, and starters at least 35. Just go check any box scores from a competitive series. Having too many good players actually creates a problem similar to what's happening to the Celtics this year. Brown, Hayward, and Rozier are struggling because they are playing too few minutes to get into a rhythm. You can't justify giving them more minutes than what they are currently getting, but if you cut their minutes or reduce their roles they will become unhappy. You need the right people who have the right ability to fill the right role. Sticking somebody at a job that he's overqualified for will only make him unhappy and unproductive over time, which will make that position inefficient and ineffective.

This is why you don't want to have a 9-man roster for a rec league team

This is why every college team picks up a few random walk-on white players

This is why a NBA contender will choose one or two veterans over higher potential, hungry young guys to fill their bench

Anyways, the fact that we are debating whether a combo team can defeat the Warriors just show you how meaningless their championships should be viewed. Does your 4.0 GPA really count if all you take are carpentry and home ed classes?!

• Thanks 1

The New Orleans Pelicans plan to listen to offers on All-NBA center Anthony Davis but won’t make a deal before next Thursday’s NBA trade deadline unless they’re offered an overwhelming package for the franchise’s star, league sources told ESPN.

New Orleans has options right now. The Lakers, Knicks, Bucks, and Raptors are expected to make trade offers for Davis ahead of the deadline, according to multiple front office sources. To some degree, every team will at least consider making an offer. But the Nuggets are considered by front-office executives as the off-the-radar team that actually has the assets to complete a deal, should they choose to enter the sweepstakes. (The Ringer)

I’ve since been told by league sources that Davis doesn’t want to play for Chicago,his hometown team, as ESPN’s Brian Windhorst first reported.

Edited by montanski
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, montanski said:

The New Orleans Pelicans plan to listen to offers on All-NBA center Anthony Davis but won’t make a deal before next Thursday’s NBA trade deadline unless they’re offered an overwhelming package for the franchise’s star, league sources told ESPN.

New Orleans has options right now. The Lakers, Knicks, Bucks, and Raptors are expected to make trade offers for Davis ahead of the deadline, according to multiple front office sources. To some degree, every team will at least consider making an offer. But the Nuggets are considered by front-office executives as the off-the-radar team that actually has the assets to complete a deal, should they choose to enter the sweepstakes. (The Ringer)

I’ve since been told by league sources that Davis doesn’t want to play for Chicago,his hometown team, as ESPN’s Brian Windhorst first reported.

No one wants to play in Chicago with that roster 😂

1 hour ago, RingMyBell said:

No one wants to play in Chicago with that roster 😂

He said he wanted to win, not be on a team that is worse than his current one.  

• Like 1

Should kanter be targeted right now?  I think I could buy really low. You would think he has to end up somewhere that he'll be productive, right?

Sorry if this has been mentioned in this thread but what exactly is preventing the Celtics from trading for AD right now? Why do they have to wait till the off-season?

the trade deadline where opportunities are made. WW pickup of the years due to trades and league winner pickups can decide your season or turn your season around. hopefully trades open up playing time for players waiting to blow up.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stay_woke said:

Sorry if this has been mentioned in this thread but what exactly is preventing the Celtics from trading for AD right now? Why do they have to wait till the off-season?

rose rule! kyrie irving follows under this rule and so does AD so celtics cant get AD until kyrie signs a new contract or is traded away

• Like 1

1 hour ago, calebcjy said:

rose rule! kyrie irving follows under this rule and so does AD so celtics cant get AD until kyrie signs a new contract or is traded away

Thank you I had no idea that was a thing. Here's a link to an article if anyone else was confused like I was.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ftw.usatoday.com/2019/01/anthony-davis-trade-celtics-rose/amp

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, calebcjy said:

or Unless AD and Kyrie are traded for each other.

• Haha 1

Word to the wise. Don't have to tell the seasoned savvy fantasy players this, but keep your waiver pickups open until after the deadline. Then pounce like Tigger. Gotta' feeling it's gonna be a crazy deadline day.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Word to the wise. Don't have to tell the seasoned savvy fantasy players this, but keep your waiver pickups open until after the deadline. Then pounce like Tigger. Gotta' feeling it's gonna be a crazy deadline day.

In recent years, when the expectations are high, the trades are just missing. LAL will try NOLA and i believe NOLA will stay pat, so LAL will wait the summer. Boston will try Rozier, but other than that will wait for AD. Gasol and Conley are not the sexiest trade targets out there. Otto is on the block, but plays like .... lately. Pels will be actively shopping EP, Randle, Miro and Moore and that`s the team to watch, for sure. Frank Jackson is the name to target here, because i think Jah will be owned 90%+ in next 10 days. Suns have garbage to sell and TJ is off the table. Denver, GSW will be audience. Toronto and Bucks after realizing that they have no chance for AD, will make minor moves, eventually. In the end, everybody will wait for AD-NOLA divorce and guys like Kanter or some of the Hawks players or Parker just will be buyed out.

Edited by montanski
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, montanski said:

In recent years, when the expectations are high, the trades are just missing. LAL will try NOLA and i believe NOLA will stay pat, so LAL will wait the summer. Boston will try Rozier, but other than that will wait for AD. Gasol and Conley are not the sexiest trade targets out there. Otto is on the block, but plays like .... lately. Pels will be actively shopping EP, Randle, Miro and Moore and that`s the team to watch, for sure. Frank Jackson is the name to target here, because i think Jah will be owned 90%+ in next 10 days. Suns have garbage to sell and TJ is off the table. Denver, GSW will be audience. Toronto and Bucks after realizing that they have no chance for AD, will make minor moves, eventually. In the end, everybody will wait for AD-NOLA divorce and guys like Kanter or some of the Hawks players or Parker just will be buyed out.

Thinking Magic can't waste this opportunity. He has to do whatever it takes and offer NOLA the farm.If I'm a betting, Isay somehow this goes down by the deadline. NOLA gonna want the farm considering how this all went down with AD's agent. All arrows point to LA. Boston could possibly lose in a deal with AD this summer. He may not wanna play there. 

• Like 1

Isn’t THJ on the block? Who could use him Sixers need another shooter, doubt they have the cap space though. 

59 minutes ago, Forever Smooth said:

Thinking Magic can't waste this opportunity. He has to do whatever it takes and offer NOLA the farm.If I'm a betting, Isay somehow this goes down by the deadline. NOLA gonna want the farm considering how this all went down with AD's agent. All arrows point to LA. Boston could possibly lose in a deal with AD this summer. He may not wanna play there. 

I am sure Magic will offer even his own statue, but whether the Pels will accept is another topic. The best possible offers are not there yet - Celtics and Knicks (if they win the lottery), so i see some surgery for AD and another drama around the draft day, especially if Knicks win. Remember, if Boston trade for AD, Kyrie will re-sign 100%. Just the Lakers offer is not that good and that`s the reason why LBJ is pushing now. Maybe i am in the minority, but think NOLA have the leverage and will wait. PG wanted in  LA, Kawhi wanted in LA, but they were traded to another places and for really good packages. Dipo and DD are franchise guys even if they have their flaws. Lakers just don`t have that guy, yet.

45 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Isn’t THJ on the block? Who could use him Sixers need another shooter, doubt they have the cap space though. 

He is, but the reports are, that noone is interested in his contract. For Sixers, keep an eye on Mirotic - expiring contract, easy to match salaries and will cost late rounder. And he will fill much needed position. I readed somewhere, that he will be one of their prime targets on 7th february.

• Like 1