Sign in to follow this  
PlayTheWaivers

Isaiah McKenzie 2018 Outlook

I've picked up him and Marcus Murphy and want to start one of them today in a close playoff matchup.  I like Murphy for more touches but he's been somewhat limited when given opportunities so McKenzie has really intriguing upside this week, especially since the Bills offense seems to need to run trick plays to get anything going on the ground even with their starting running backs in.  Unfortunately this could be extremely game flow dependent though

16 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

GADGET SPECIAL, the "Human Joystick" ...

a ballsy swing, but i dig it

The Human Joystick is already taken by Tarik Cohen...

7 minutes ago, CooL said:

The Human Joystick is already taken by Tarik Cohen...

psshaw ... did he call dibs?  is Alex Rodriguez not the original "ARod"?

jus' saying that for folks who need a real upside play (Allen, Miller owners) this kid could deliver. 

• Like 1

League winner, guys.

I'm desperate with injures to (Beginning of Season - McKinnon/Thompson) and now Aaron Jones, Spencer Ware, Matt Breida, and Keenan Allen...

If you guys are in return yards leagues, this dude can be a beast. This guy is 13th in the last 4 weeks averaging 17ppg...

Could be a very desperate play in a deep PPR league on a team with injuries even without return yards awarded. Only thing is I heard he was carted off but somehow returned. Not about to pull a rabbit out of my hat if this dude is gimpy. If he's good to go, he should get plenty of returns in New England. I feel the Patriots will get it together on offense and score, score, score!!!

19 hours ago, tpat30 said:

League winner, guys.

I'm desperate with injures to (Beginning of Season - McKinnon/Thompson) and now Aaron Jones, Spencer Ware, Matt Breida, and Keenan Allen...

If you guys are in return yards leagues, this dude can be a beast. This guy is 13th in the last 4 weeks averaging 17ppg...

Could be a very desperate play in a deep PPR league on a team with injuries even without return yards awarded. Only thing is I heard he was carted off but somehow returned. Not about to pull a rabbit out of my hat if this dude is gimpy. If he's good to go, he should get plenty of returns in New England. I feel the Patriots will get it together on offense and score, score, score!!!

He's gone down with injuries the last two games but always seems to come back into the game without limitations after a series or two.  He was getting targeted early and often last week as a possession type receiver and just like last week he's got some upside with some gadget plays with the running backs all nursing injuries.  He's definitely an intriguing play against New England

What's the status regarding the injury that he had last week? Is he practicing this week and ready to go fully healthy?

8 minutes ago, dorsett33 said:

What's the status regarding the injury that he had last week? Is he practicing this week and ready to go fully healthy?

I read that he tweaked an ankle but went back in. When he got carted off, it was actually just for severe cramping in the calves.

Should be near 100%

• Like 1

He was on the Broncos' RB depth Chart when he was here in Denver. He was a playmaker, but couldn't catch to save his life.

If I had any RB issues, he'd definitely be a roll of the dice given the Bills RB situation. To have your WR be putting up RB numbers...a lot like the Samuels situation, I would think.

Hopefully he's good to go. I think the Patriots right the ship this week and put up some points.  Gostkowski gets a touchback around 60 percent of his kicks.  If NE kicks off 5 or 6 times that should be around 3 returns. So return yardage should be solid, add in a couple catches and I like his floor.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, FooserX said:

He was on the Broncos' RB depth Chart when he was here in Denver. He was a playmaker, but couldn't catch to save his life.

If I had any RB issues, he'd definitely be a roll of the dice given the Bills RB situation. To have your WR be putting up RB numbers...a lot like the Samuels situation, I would think.

He was a WR/PR in Denver

IF he's good to go, he's a great WR3 type play this week imo. Big mismatch against the slow footed LBs and safties of NE...

Is it safe to roll this kid out in a championship match up at Flex in place of Conner?  Im torn between him, Spencer Ware, and John Kelly.  Don't trust Golladay or Allen Robinson.  

1 hour ago, TheAuthorityHere said:

Might be rolling this guy out there in the championship because of a certain receiver being suspended.

how the fudge did you make the 'chip relying on Martavis Bryant??1?!11!?

hats off to you, must've had one hell of a supporting cast. 

Going back and forth between starting him or Foster today in the Championship.  My thought is that McKenzie may have the safer floor than Foster but not the same big play potential.  In the first game against the Pats the offense tried a handful of gadget plays to try to throw the defense off early so that could also add a couple extra touches (not that it did that much). Anyone else in the same boat?  

I'm using him over Calvin Ridley.  I am going for the safer floor, although my league is return yardage so he should get a few points there too.  I would think he's good for at least 3 or 4 catches though.

On 12/20/2018 at 8:22 AM, murraygd13 said:

Hopefully he's good to go. I think the Patriots right the ship this week and put up some points.  Gostkowski gets a touchback around 60 percent of his kicks.  If NE kicks off 5 or 6 times that should be around 3 returns. So return yardage should be solid, add in a couple catches and I like his floor.

#24 in the league in touchback % for kickoffs

punter: allowed 22 of 54 to be returned 

Its a good matchup

4 hours ago, PackerBacker555 said:

#24 in the league in touchback % for kickoffs

punter: allowed 22 of 54 to be returned 

Its a good matchup

And somebody called Victor Bolden is returning kicks