brockpapersizer

Kyle Tucker 2019 Outlook

24 minutes ago, Jack Ripper said:

Yordan owners should be prepared for this guy to get the call first anyways, since he is on the 40 man roster and is better with the glove in the OF. Just saying. 

Did you know that Alvarez is on pace to out homer Barry Bonds' career year in the minors?

I don't think that's true.

Alvarez or not....Let's say Tucker gets the call...immediate scoop? Like this kids gonna go all Austin Riley on the league? or wait n see...

1 minute ago, dfstout said:

Alvarez or not....Let's say Tucker gets the call...immediate scoop? Like this kids gonna go all Austin Riley on the league? or wait n see...

oh fo sho. 12 team or less must grab.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, GratefulPhan said:

I think you mean 12 or more.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dfstout said:

His nickname is "Ted". As in Ted Williams. Because teammates and others thought his swing is that nice. I have absolutely no clue if he'll bust or not, but anybody given that nickname enters must grab territory for me. Your leagues may vary.

3 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

His nickname is "Ted". As in Ted Williams. Because teammates and others thought his swing is that nice. I have absolutely no clue if he'll bust or not, but anybody given that nickname enters must grab territory for me. Your leagues may vary.

Hey that's awesome, great intel...if hes a quarter of Teddy Ballgame he should be owned...go Sawx!

28 minutes ago, GratefulPhan said:

I agree. Must grab and work out the details later.

• Like 2

The problem with Tucker & Alvarez is opportunity, or lack there of.  I love both, but there is no current path to PT, and should one open by chance, which one gets the call/plays?   

Make sure you guess correctly!  😀

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, dicka24 said:

The problem with Tucker & Alvarez is opportunity, or lack there of.  I love both, but there is no current path to PT, and should one open by chance, which one gets the call/plays?   

Make sure you guess correctly!  😀

I felt the same way with Riley. I think if those guys come up, and they produce that the playing time will work itself out. I can wait for that in my keeper leagues for sure.

2 minutes ago, kwelch said:

I felt the same way with Riley. I think if those guys come up, and they produce that the playing time will work itself out. I can wait for that in my keeper leagues for sure.

Not complaining at you guys but.... wish we would keep his comments in the miilb thread. He is yet to see the majors this year. I get to excited every time I see a new comment.

7 minutes ago, Fantasy_Goat said:

It’s 12 team ± for me 

FTFY

I stash two/three guys like Tucker and just hope one or two pan out.   Stashes do not always work out.

I would grab Tucker and Biggio.  One of the two should get playing time one way or another.

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, Fielder1831 said:

Not complaining at you guys but.... wish we would keep his comments in the miilb thread. He is yet to see the majors this year. I get to excited every time I see a new comment.

He has no milb thread because he came up last year.  There is no where on that forum to discuss him. Personally, I view him in the same sort of category as many of the other recent call-ups with the exception that he isn't actually up.  So lower value right now all things being equal.  Depending on your team need and format that can vary (which is why I grabbed him in a mixed 10 team).

Edited by AHF
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, herschel said:

Springer heading to the IL.  Tucker time?

Won’t matter. Hinch will play Kemp out there and play Tucker 1x week and use him to pinch run......

2 hours ago, King_of_Kings said:

I guess the Astros just hate this kid. I don't know how much more on fire a player can get than Tucker right now.

20 minutes ago, Maitiu said:

I guess the Astros just hate this kid. I don't know how much more on fire a player can get than Tucker right now.

I look at it as the Astros just want a temp replacement for Springer. If they were to call up tucker or alvarez they would want it to be more of a permanent spot. But wth do I know 

On 5/25/2019 at 9:26 AM, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

There is your answer

On 5/25/2019 at 9:17 AM, Backdoor Slider said:

I think this guy (whoever he is) likely has it right.

I'm a little confused by this. Does this mean the Astros could be motivated to call him up on Monday/next week?

6 minutes ago, NolanRyan said:

I'm a little confused by this. Does this mean the Astros could be motivated to call him up on Monday/next week?

Yes, that's how I interpreted it at least.