Cozie

Derrick Jones Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

DJJ is quietly flying under the radar. Seems like he’s gaining Spo’s trust a little bit more. Past week stats are 10ppg, 8.5 rebs, 2.5 stls, 1.3 blks, 0.5 3’s on 63% FG. Around 20min per...

I know Miami is loaded at the wing position but any chance he can improve his outlook going forward? He has a skill set tailor made for fantasy.

He's put together 5 straight fantasy-friendly games and is working on another great one today

Glad I picked this dude up.  Looking like a stocks animal

• Like 1

Just now, My Dinner With Andre said:

Eh I think you guys are grasping at straws. Barely any three's or assists. The stocks are good, but not great. Meh.

real life basketball wise miami found another gem

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Eh I think you guys are grasping at straws. Barely any three's or assists. The stocks are good, but not great. Meh.

Since when does a player have to contribute in every category to be good in fantasy?

Dudes who put up 2+ stocks per game don't grow on trees

Edited by alexstr
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, alexstr said:

Since when does a player have to contribute in every category to be good in fantasy?

Dudes who put up 2+ stocks per game don't grow on trees

Guys who average 0.9 threes/36 and 1.0 assist/36 are pretty rare too.

2 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Guys who average 0.9 threes/36 and 1.0 assist/36 are pretty rare too.

Not really. Clint Capela, Drummond, Gobert, Adams, Whiteside, Kanter, McGee, Nurkic, Ayton, Tristan, DeAndre, etc...

12 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Well he wasn't really playing all that much until 5 games ago. 2.2 steals and 1.4 blocks over that stretch. Certainly not meh...He needs to be owned if he's playing 25 minutes a night. He's a rare athlete.

I picked him up on all my 12 team leagues.

He is very fantasy friendly. Imagine if he gets more minutes... he’s already getting consistently 20-25 minutes of late.

Question is, is he worth a pickup in 10 team leagues?

Edited by gooseball

8 minutes ago, gooseball said:

I picked him up on all my 12 team leagues.

He is very fantasy friendly. Imagine if he gets more minutes... he’s already getting consistently 20-25 minutes of late.

Question is, is he worth a pickup in 10 team leagues?

In 10 man sure. It's all about the playing time. If it goes away you move on to the next.

1 hour ago, L3onD said:

real life basketball wise miami found another gem

Cannot wait for them to hand another one of those 40-50M contracts. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

What are you expecting from you 10th or 12th guy in your roster. He is filling up for that spot. You cray.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RAGINGROOSTER said:

What are you expecting from you 10th or 12th guy in your roster. He is filling up for that spot. You cray.

Not to dick ride Andre but I've been following this forum for a minute and this guy knows his s--- my man. He ain't cray lmao 

Picked this dude up. Great stocks. Appreciate you bruh. Now it's time to drop you and let others take the ride. 

Being a FBB streamer is a tough business, you often get attached, but you gotta know when to let go. Sometimes you're a day early, sometimes a week, sometimes you F'd up, but recognizing you can always do better with more guaranteed roles is what I'm always looking to achieve. 

• Like 2

Kinda kicking myself for picking up Rodi Kurucs and Satoransky this week instead of this dude.  They have no reason not to play him big minutes considering his age and upside.  If I were Spol I would be focused on developing a future core of JRich, Bam, Jones, Jr, and Olynyk.  Everyone else on the roster is just a guy.

12 hours ago, Flamez said:

Not to dick ride Andre but I've been following this forum for a minute and this guy knows his s--- my man. He ain't cray lmao 

I get you but he is pointing out 3ptm and ast which isn't his forte. I picked him up for OREB, STL and BLK... he got me all that and then some last game. 

Worth a flyer to see if he can keep it going. They’re winning with him in the lineup which is as important as anything else he’s doing stat-wise. I need rebounds and stocks so I’m willing to see where this goes.

• Like 1

So what happened !?! (I mean besides the fact that every player that has a big game, lays a dud/gets a playing time immediately after I roster them the next game)

9, 22 and 9 minutes in his last three games. Added him on the write-up of his good form on that Rotoworld article a few days ago, however what's happened? Nine minutes essentially means an afterthought, so has to be a 10-team drop.