Cozie

Derrick Jones Jr. 2018-2019 Season Outlook

21 hours ago, Brimful of Upside said:

9, 22 and 9 minutes in his last three games. Added him on the write-up of his good form on that Rotoworld article a few days ago, however what's happened? Nine minutes essentially means an afterthought, so has to be a 10-team drop. 

He was never even a 10 team pickup.  Most flavors of the week are not 10 team pickups.

Edited by Bugs bunny

Wtf happened? Ever since Winslow took over PG, ask of the sudden A bunch of good end of bench players from the heat (Kelly O, Bam, DJJ) have sucked for the most part.

3 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Wtf happened? Ever since Winslow took over PG, ask of the sudden A bunch of good end of bench players from the heat (Kelly O, Bam, DJJ) have sucked for the most part.

Winslow seems to have some decent chemistry handling the ball with the starters, maybe TJohnson is ballhogging on the second unit too much? Not sure

4 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

Winslow isn’t the cause, it is James Johnson. His minutes went up from 18-20 to 28-30. 

3 hours ago, Nishinga said:

Winslow isn’t the cause, it is James Johnson. His minutes went up from 18-20 to 28-30. 

What about Kelly O? His minutes went from ~30 to <20..

That's probably true, but keep an eye out bc they might go youth mode later on in the season if they don't start winning games soon. Might be a good stash in deeper leagues.

Edited by claptondecheeks

7 hours ago, claptondecheeks said:

That's probably true, but keep an eye out bc they might go youth mode later on in the season if they don't start winning games soon. Might be a good stash in deeper leagues.

they are actually playing really good and winning after an awful start to the season, won 10 out of last 14 games

Gonna stay away from all Miami players, they're too deep. Only player I trust ROS is Richardson, maybe Whiteside.

3 minutes ago, Fantasyvirgin said:

Another solid first half - too bad he is on a loaded roster but kid does well every time hes given an opportunity.

Such a messy roster. Johnson, Whiteside, Olynyk, Bam all need minutes, and DJJ seems so promising too. 

I want to take a gamble on him but with four other bigs it's hard to see how his minutes shake out without a trade or injury.

26 minutes ago, Eltoro said:

Such a messy roster. Johnson, Whiteside, Olynyk, Bam all need minutes, and DJJ seems so promising too. 

I want to take a gamble on him but with four other bigs it's hard to see how his minutes shake out without a trade or injury.

Pat Riley puts in dat work as a GM

Man what happened? I traded away Josh Richardson in a big deal because I was banking on swooping in and picking this guy up. Why’d he get the random DNP-CD? Dion Waiters has been back for a minute, and Ellington didn’t play. 

4/5FG 1 3PTM 9PTS 4REB 1STL 1BLK in 12MIN in the 1st half so far tonight. Gotta love the upside epsecially in deeper and dynasty leagues.

Waiters sucks a**, Heat need to find more minutes for this guy, hustle D and doesn't force the issue on offense unlike the black hole Waiters :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, HerrMcKenzie said:

Thoughts on this guy? I might pick him up. Produces when he gets minutes, but minutes are up and down :(

would like to know too, great defensive stats. I guess he is just a luxury stash for now

Will he ever get more minutes???? Why is Mcgruder or James Johnson still getting minutes

Perfect stat package for my team and he got a nice line tonight, but the minutes are inconsistent. I just dropped him but tempted to pick him back up again. In a deep league, he is fantasy gold. 

Thoughts? 

Any chance of him coming back before the fantasy playoffs? With Ellington/ Tyler Johnson gone and Waiters not doing that well, he could be looking at some nice minutes. He balled more often than not when he got minutes.

He practiced today and the blurb says he is likely to play tomorrow. Keep an eye on him, as Waiters hasn't been that great. Interesting to see what the heat do with DJJ and Dragic returning.