Sign in to follow this  
tonycpsu

NFL Start/Sit Thread 2018 Week 16

tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 16 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for discussing who you're starting and/or sitting for week 16 of the 2018 NFL season.

Because most non-obvious start/sit decisions depend on roster/format/league-specific context, feel free to include any of these considerations in your start/sit questions. Comments along the lines of "Who's Starting Player A?", "I'm Starting Player B over Player C", etc. in player threads may be moved to this thread or removed, at the discretion of the RW forums staff.

This is it. One win away from the 'ship.

And there are some decisions to make:

QB

I got Matt Ryan in Carolina (who are eliminated) and Baker Mayfield against against the Bengels who give up the second most points to QBs. I decided for Baker last week and he was miserable. So I think I'm going with Matty Ice.

RB

This is where the big decision has to come. Ezekiel Elliott is a sure start. He is against the Flop4 Def - Tempa. My other options are Joe Mixon who is playing in Cleveland (Flop9), Dalvin Cook who is playing in Detroit (Flop12) and Nick Chubb who is facing the Bengals (Flop1).

I can only start 3 of them and looking at the matchup it's Zeke, Mixon and Chubb. But with Cook having such a great game last week I'm not sure.

WR

This is set: Micheal Thomas and Stefon Diggs. AJ Green is out and DJ Moore can not be trusted even though he is up against Atlanta.

So what do you think? Which RBs should I start this week?

Thanks in advance.

QB: I have Cam but thinking of benching for Lamar or Darnold

WR: I am set with Pettis and Woods but for WR3 im considering picking up Mike WIlliams? or Robby Anderson? to play over TIm Patrick or GOlden Tate

D/ST: Texans but maybe drop for Patriots or Chargers?

Edited by zshenko

I am thinking of grabbing Robby Anderson and playing him over Edelman! Is that crazy? I need major upside this week as my opponents team is stacked. I lost Aaron Jones and Fournette is banged up and sucks anyways 

17 minutes ago, zshenko said:

WR: I am set with Pettis and Woods but for WR3 im considering picking up Mike WIlliams? or Robby Anderson? to play over TIm Patrick or GOlden Tate

I am thinking of grabbing Robby Anderson and playing him over Edelman! Is that crazy? I need major upside this week as my opponents team is stacked. I lost Aaron Jones and Fournette is banged up and sucks anyways 

Just now, JG1222016 said:

I think you still have to stick with Edelman. Dude is consistent as they come even in a game where they score 10 points

1 minute ago, zshenko said:

I think you still have to stick with Edelman. Dude is consistent as they come even in a game where they score 10 points

what about playing Robbie over Diggs. Don't like Diggs matchup this week in the slot. 

15 hours ago, thebadferret said:

QB

I got Matt Ryan in Carolina (who are eliminated) and Baker Mayfield against against the Bengels who give up the second most points to QBs. I decided for Baker last week and he was miserable. So I think I'm going with Matty Ice.

RB

This is where the big decision has to come. Ezekiel Elliott is a sure start. He is against the Flop4 Def - Tempa. My other options are Joe Mixon who is playing in Cleveland (Flop9), Dalvin Cook who is playing in Detroit (Flop12) and Nick Chubb who is facing the Bengals (Flop1).

I can only start 3 of them and looking at the matchup it's Zeke, Mixon and Chubb. But with Cook having such a great game last week I'm not sure.

WR

This is set: Micheal Thomas and Stefon Diggs. AJ Green is out and DJ Moore can not be trusted even though he is up against Atlanta.

Thanks in advance.

I like Baker, Chubb, & D Cook. But cant blame you if you roll with Mixon over Cook. Both should have great games.

The 

Hi all,

So you have a Brit here again, got to the Championship final of my all American League (apart from myself), for the second year running. Like to go one further and win it this year though. So the league is PPR, 1QB, 2 WR, 2RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Def/1 Kicker. My QB, WR1, TE & K pick themselves. (Mahomes, A. Brown, Kittle, Butker). My question is the rest of the team. So I need 1 WR, 2 RB's and 1 Flex from the below;

Dalvin Cook

Jordan Howard

Alshon Jeffery

Jamaal Williams

DJ Moore

Adam Humphries

Matt Breida

DaeSean Hamilton

Darren Sproles

Chris Thompson

Now I'm sure I can forget about the last two, Thompson has done nothing all year and Sproles is in a time share with Smallwood and Adams. However, the rest I feel all have potential. I think maybe take Humphries out of the question as Dallas have a good secondary. It still leaves me with Cook, Howard, Jeffery, Williams, Moore, Breida and Hamilton for 3 positions. What do you think all? Go with gut or go with stats?

Forgot to add my defence, I have Vikings and Jags, rolling with Vikings at the moment.

Edited by Tomptastic
Forgot Defence

On ‎18‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:50 AM, thebadferret said:

QB

RB

WR

Thanks in advance.

Chubb and Cook if I had the choice, they both have the season on the line. Mixon has nothing to play for.

12 hours ago, Sicknasty3434 said:

Thoughts on Adam Thielen?? Shocked I’m even considering but pondering benching him for Marlon Mack. PPR

Lions have a good secondary, so may use the ground a lot more. Worth considering. I wouldn't like to make that call though.

16 hours ago, zshenko said:

IF ENUNWA PLAYS, IT MAKES YOUR DECISION EASIER

one spot flex -- robby anderson, jamaal williams, or broncos hamilton - ppr

With Julio possibly out this week, need a WR to help win the ship!! 1pt ppr.

D Hamilton at OAK

Callaway vs CIN

R Foster at NE

R Anderson vs GB   Leaning Hamilton. WHIR!

5 hours ago, Tomptastic said:

Hi all,

So you have a Brit here again, got to the Championship final of my all American League (apart from myself), for the second year running. Like to go one further and win it this year though. So the league is PPR, 1QB, 2 WR, 2RB, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 Def/1 Kicker. My QB, WR1, TE & K pick themselves. (Mahomes, A. Brown, Kittle, Butker). My question is the rest of the team. So I need 1 WR, 2 RB's and 1 Flex from the below;

Dalvin Cook

Jordan Howard

Alshon Jeffery

Jamaal Williams

DJ Moore

Adam Humphries

Matt Breida

DaeSean Hamilton

Darren Sproles

Chris Thompson

Now I'm sure I can forget about the last two, Thompson has done nothing all year and Sproles is in a time share with Smallwood and Adams. However, the rest I feel all have potential. I think maybe take Humphries out of the question as Dallas have a good secondary. It still leaves me with Cook, Howard, Jeffery, Williams, Moore, Breida and Hamilton for 3 positions. What do you think all? Go with gut or go with stats?

Forgot to add my defence, I have Vikings and Jags, rolling with Vikings at the moment.

D Cook, J Williams, & Jeffery, with Hamilton as my next option at WR. Good luck in the ship!!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

With Julio possibly out this week, need a WR to help win the ship!! 1pt ppr.

D Hamilton at OAK

Callaway vs CIN

R Foster at NE

R Anderson vs GB   Leaning Hamilton. WHIR!

i think i go anderson but hamilton is close

2 minutes ago, floppy said:

even if rodgers doesnt play, would make a big time stacked box.. prob hard to trust 

Then I would look at Hamilton, as my next option.

13 hours ago, DarinB300 said:

D Cook, J Williams, & Jeffery, with Hamilton as my next option at WR. Good luck in the ship!!

So you would play Hamilton at Flex then? I could also pick up Anderson if I wanted to. Thank you for your help, and the good luck!

3 hours ago, Tomptastic said:

So you would play Hamilton at Flex then? I could also pick up Anderson if I wanted to. Thank you for your help, and the good luck!

I think he is a safe option. Anderson has the upside in a game where NYJ will need to throw. I'm going back & forth between the 2 guys myself, in case Julio is out. Good luck to you!!

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, DarinB300 said:

I think he is a safe option. Anderson has the upside in a game where NYJ will need to throw. I'm going back & forth between the 2 guys myself, in case Julio is out. Good luck to you!!

I've now picked up Anderson, I will now sit and stare long and hard at my line up before I end up starting Hamilton. :D Thank you again, and good luck in your matchup as well.