absknicks

Carlos Correa 2019 Outlook

Nice game tonight but it looks like he left after getting spiked. Anyone see it and have any insight as to how bad it was?

59 minutes ago, BostonCajun said:

Nice game tonight but it looks like he left after getting spiked. Anyone see it and have any insight as to how bad it was?

Didnt see it but I can safely assume he’s done for the year.

• Haha 2

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is literally always something with him.

A good player that will give you migraines owning him.

Posted (edited)

While he is frustrating to own, it's nice to see that opposite field power stroke back in my roto lineup

Edited by slaphitter
  • Like 1

Just now, slaphitter said:

While he is frustrating to own, it's nice to see that opposite field power stroke back in my lineup

Very true and it sounds like he'll be ok after the spike and that he should play today. Gimme some more oppo tacos!

The Iron Horse!

Carlos Correa (elbow) is in the Astros' lineup Sunday.
Correa was lifted from Saturday's game after being spiked in the right elbow briefly caused some numbness in his fingers, but he's fine. 

2 minutes ago, Dark One said:

No update as to why yet but:

• Thanks 1

It doesn't look like this change worked:

UGH. I was hoping it was for something minor, non-injury related, but man, this guy just can't stay healthy.

Posted (edited)

With Diaz injured could straw possibly be the replacement (because we ALL know he’s gonna miss a LOT of time.) don’t know much about the situation or straw, but that would at least be a sb boost.

Edited by Cesare13

I have back issues too. Really ***** up my golf game. Sucks. 

2 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

With Diaz injured could straw possibly be the replacement (because we ALL know he’s gonna miss a LOT of time.) don’t know much about the situation or straw, but that would at least be a sb boost.

Reddick has been complete dog*****. If they do go that route, can’t see them having these 2 weak bats in the lineup. All of a sudden 6-9 looks like garbage. Gotta believe Tucker will be up sooner rather than later. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Reddick has been complete dog*****. If they do go that route, can’t see them having these 2 weak bats in the lineup. All of a sudden 6-9 looks like garbage. Gotta believe Tucker will be up sooner rather than later. 

But tucker won’t play ss.  Is straw one of the weak bats you’re talking about?

Edited by Cesare13

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

But tucker won’t play ss.  

I know. I said IF they go the Straw route, Tucker shouldn’t be far behind. My guess is they play matchups with Yuli spending a lot of time at 3B and Tucker at 1B. Bregman  at SS. I know they had Tucker playing 1B at Round Rock. Not sure how he showed himself defensively though. We shall see though. Need to see the extent of the injury. 

Edited by Sonny_D
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

I know. I said IF they go the Straw route, Tucker shouldn’t be far behind. My guess is they play matchups with Yuli spending a lot of time at 3B and Tucker at 1B. Bergman at SS. I know they had Tucker playing 1B at Round Rock. Not sure how he showed himself defensively though. 

Yeah,,,bregman makes sense.

DTD, Apparently told Hinch he had trouble loosening up before the game.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, MrBrett said:

That doesn’t SOUND like a huge issue, but I’d recommend everyone to get a backup ASAP if they haven’t done so. I’m sure everyone already has, I mean, the guy hurt himself turning to look at a grounder https://www.mlb.com/news/carlos-correa-exits-after-1-inning-vs-tigers.....he hurt himself...... turning to look at a grounder.  And that’s not even the worst way he got hurt this year.

Edited by Cesare13

According to Fantrax ranking CC is the 36th ranked SS in 5x5 roto.  In 2018 he was ranked #34 at the end of the season.   

I am going to assume next season that this is likely not going to change.

He turned to look at a ground ball and felt hurt https://www.mlb.com/news/carlos-correa-exits-after-1-inning-vs-tigers.  I don’t want to,profess to know anything about back injuries, but it would seem that a 21 year old that does yoga shouldn’t hurt themselves by turning to look at a ground ball.  

so much talent, someone will get a great bargain one year the way people did with Stanton a few years ago, but it’s not gonna be me.  

1 minute ago, Cesare13 said:

He turned to look at a ground ball and felt hurt https://www.mlb.com/news/carlos-correa-exits-after-1-inning-vs-tigers.  I don’t want to,profess to know anything about back injuries, but it would seem that a 21 year old that does yoga shouldn’t hurt themselves by turning to look at a ground ball.  

so much talent, someone will get a great bargain one year the way people did with Stanton a few years ago, but it’s not gonna be me.  

I am pretty sure he will come at a discount next season.  But it won't be enough of one for me.

Posted (edited)

I had him last year.  The talent is so tantalizing I considered him this year but passed in the end.  I won't consider him next year.  For shame too cuz you can see the kid has the goods to be special.  Back injuries tend to linger which makes investing in him hard, both for fantasy, and I'm sure in reality for teams who consider signing him for big $$.

Edited by dicka24

15 hours ago, MrBrett said:

DTD? Lol. I’ll believe it when I see it.