FantasyGeek2018

Manny Machado 2019 Outlook

i know its early, but he looks like he never swung a bat before.  looks completely lost at the plate

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, summersoff7 said:

i know its early, but he looks like he never swung a bat before.  looks completely lost at the plate

Probably pressing a little. The pressure of $330 mil is probably tough. He just needs a few hits to get off the shed. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Stickfig13 said:

Probably pressing a little. The pressure of $330 mil is probably tough. He just needs a few hits to get off the shed. 

We talking Machado or Harper? $300M is Machado and $330M is Harper... Anyways, I agree, I think the heavy dose of a combination of new environment, teammates, and the s--- load of money in his bank account are affecting his way of play. He did not play well in ST either; but hopefully he will get out of the funk soon...!

I love how casual 1b is, like he knew manny was going to make an amazing play and drop the ball right in his glove, no trying needed.

3 hours ago, street sharks said:

God this lineup is so bad

Manny has pretty much contributed to that statement as well - I didn't expect a career year or anything, but he's been disappointing so far

7 hours ago, street sharks said:

God this lineup is so bad

Yo, you're wrong! They were 27th in R scored last year. 25 this year! This is a totally different team!

• Haha 1

yes. I spent 44$ on this guy as my top bat in my keeper auction league and he and Castellanos are testing my patience. I'm sure he'll have a scorching may so don't panic yet but yeah, he looks pretty lost at the plate. The NL has not treated him well. We'll see if he can adjust.

ive never owned Manny before, but is this output to be expected for a long time?  It's wretched. Is he a slow starter?

I literally offered him to every team in my 12-team and the best offer I got was Carlos Santana lol

• Haha 1

He's a likely Hall of Famer. 26 years old. He's gonna be ok. One mediocre month is no reason to trade him for below his value. Look up Paul Goldschmidt's numbers from April/May last year. Players with those types of track records typically bust out of prolonged slumps eventually.

Just now, OaksterDan said:

He's a likely Hall of Famer. 26 years old. He's gonna be ok. One mediocre month is no reason to trade him for below his value. Look up Paul Goldschmidt's numbers from April/May last year. Players with those types of track records typically bust out of prolonged slumps eventually.

Sounds like a buy low opportunity from reading this forum.

• Like 1

Huge buy low. Guys are selling him on pennies for the dollar. I just got him in two of my leagues via trade. 

He’s Manny Machado. He has a LONG track record. I feel really confident he’ll turn it around. 

Manny heating up. Three home runs in his last two games, and four in his last four. 

Shame to those who sold low on him. 

Ooooof course he he starts hitting dongs right after my trade to send him away gets accepted lmao

On 4/29/2019 at 5:50 PM, TTRA1N said:

Sounds like a buy low opportunity from reading this forum.

Buy low window about closed

• Like 1

SD scores 19 runs...

Manny's line: 1-5, R

Seriously?

• Haha 1