Dirty Little Birdie

2019 Sleepers / Value Picks

1 hour ago, CraftyRighty said:

Anyone need a super cheap MI with a realistic shot at 20/15?

No, I have zero use for one of those. 😂

25 minutes ago, Flyman75 said:

No, I have zero use for one of those. 😂

Well if you do draft Nick Goodrum, you can thank me later......

• Like 1

Just now, CraftyRighty said:

Well if you do draft Nick Goodrum, you can thank me later......

Good tout. He was drafted in both of my leagues. He was someone I targeted, but he went earlier than I expected. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hangin n wangin said:

Who are some sleepers that are going to give me 30 ding dongs and 100 ribeyes? Thanks a bunch. Smooches.

Teoscar Hernandez and Ronald Guzman. 

(Ask me for powerball numbers next...)

Edited by Baseball Jonze
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, MugsyBogues said:

Luis Cessa. Anything to see here? 

He’s intriguing to me also.  Debating on if I should pull the trigger.

2 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Who are some sleepers that are going to give me 30 ding dongs and 100 ribeyes? Thanks a bunch. Smooches.

Grichuk, Bour, and Cron come to mind

Just now, Magoo said:

Grichuk, Bour, and Cron come to mind

Not a fan of Grichuk. I don't think Bour gets the at bats to do it. Angels have a love affair with Pujols. 

Cron has crossed my mind and I am watching him.

9 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Not a fan of Grichuk. I don't think Bour gets the at bats to do it. Angels have a love affair with Pujols. 

Cron has crossed my mind and I am watching him.

You’re right that Pujols will play at least at first. However. Bour’s got almost two months to have a clear every day job (maybe the occasional lefty sit) before Ohtani is back. 

If he’s hitting on pace for 30-100, then he’s not sitting. Even for Albert. 

Scoscia loved Albert. Now that he’s gone, that type of garbage loyalty managing isn’t happening anymore. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MugsyBogues said:

Luis Cessa. Anything to see here? 

Definitely.  The only thing is when CC gets back and whether they want to put Gio Gonzalez into their rotation.

Paxton, Tanaka, Happ, German, Cessa

Cessa is out of options so he won't be sent down but may move into the pen. Depends on his and German's performance.  The Yankees are also flirting with the idea of using an "opener"   That would make Cessa a "primary pitcher" for those games and not a starter.  That could make him even more valuable for leagues that value W-L and do not count QS.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Definitely.  The only thing is when CC gets back and whether they want to put Gio Gonzalez into their rotation.

Paxton, Tanaka, Happ, German, Cessa

Cessa is out of options so he won't be sent down but may move into the pen. Depends on his and German's performance.  The Yankees are also flirting with the idea of using an "opener"   That would make Cessa a "primary pitcher" for those games and not a starter.  That could make him even more valuable for leagues that value W-L and do not count QS.

RotoWire News: Cessa will work in relief Tuesday with the Yankees using Chad Green as an opener in his place against the Rays, according to Bryan Hoch of MLB.com. (3/19/2019)

Also, I don't know much about Cessa but the projections for him are pretty mediocre.  This said, he's throwing filth this spring: 18/1 K/BB in 17 IP.

Edited by En Votto Veritas

I dunno why we freely give out our late round targets, but.... Aaron Sanchez.

Over at CBS they came up with a new ACES metric which measures a pitchers complete arsenal, and Aaron finds himself in the 90th percentile.

His stuff has looked great this spring. The command has been spotty, but he can get away with it by being so nasty. He's a groundball pitcher but with that arsenal, he could ramp up the K rate enough to be helpful in that cat as well. Maybe he's finally over his blister problems.... if so, I could see a QS machine with very nice ratios who is basically free at drafts this year.

He's facing the Orioles right now (yeah, yeah) and he's thrown 4 perfect innings with 2 Ks. That brings his spring line up to 15.2 IP, 5BB:13K, with a 1.72 ERA and a WHIP under 1 at the moment.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Baseball Jonze said:

Teoscar Hernandez and Ronald Guzman. 

(Ask me for powerball numbers next...)

Hernandez wont get the PAs. Guzman is a sneaky call though. Like that tout.

Eric Lauer, pitched well down the stretch last year, and hasn't been scored upon this spring

no 4 starter for Padres I think at this point, although one can argue hes been even better than Strahm, Paddack and Lucchessi (who have all been stellar) this spring

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Golden Spikes said:

Eric Lauer, pitched well down the stretch last year, and hasn't been scored upon this spring

no 4 starter for Padres I think at this point, although one can argue hes been even better than Strahm, Paddack and Lucchessi (who have all been stellar) this spring

Yeah I’m a fan and he never gets talked about

Anibal Sanchez anyone?  He was solid last year when healthy.  Looking good in ST.  I picked him up extremely late.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Seranthony Domínguez

He's pretty much free. Can get him towards the end of drafts. To start the year, he'll give you pristine ratios, a good K rate, and sprinkle in some saves & wins(if you play that format).

Robertson will have a short leash, and if he falters. Boom, top 15 closer.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Seranthony Domínguez

He's pretty much free. Can get him towards the end of drafts. To start the year, he'll give you pristine ratios, a good K rate, and sprinkle in some saves & wins(if you play that format).

Robertson will have a short leash, and if he falters. Boom, top 15 closer.

Why would Robertson have a short leash? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Slatykamora said:

Hernandez wont get the PAs. Guzman is a sneaky call though. Like that tout.

Not so sure about this.

• Like 1