bball961

Ivica Zubac 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Going to be tough for the lakers to keep this kid off the court, he’s looked great. Chandler shouldn’t be getting any minutes over him, imo... I’m going to hold for awhile and see how things shake out, can’t see why he shouldn’t be getting 25 minutes every night. 

this is flashes of what we saw his rookie season. he’s the real deal. i was starting to think lakers were dumb for keeping him over thomas bryant, but its all a matter of opportunity. 

4 hours ago, B.Winslow said:

Going to be tough for the lakers to keep this kid off the court, he’s looked great. Chandler shouldn’t be getting any minutes over him, imo... I’m going to hold for awhile and see how things shake out, can’t see why he shouldn’t be getting 25 minutes every night. 

It's tough because Tyson really does bring something to the table for the Lakers...

It might not seem like it, but if you watch Laker games since they've gotten him, (which I've watched almost every one of them), he is an absolute beast at extending plays or tipping the ball out on an offensive rebound....

I feel like 2-3 times a game, Lakers will take a shot, miss, and Tyson Chandler does his best "Vlade" impersonation and tips/bats the ball back out to the Lakers for another chance. It's plays like that....that's what coaches love. Second chance opportunities.

Zubac is talented and has been a beast thus far...I almost don't want McGee back...

But it remains to be seen, and I think owners are unfortunately going to have to hold him until we see the next 2-3 games (when McGee returns)....

I think if Zubac can somehow get 18-20 minutes a night, he'll be in a great spot...But it ALL DEPENDS on what LAL does with Tyson....and I don't think Tyson is going anywhere....

I'm streaming him this week. TOUGH call. I feel like he is better than McGee and Chandler together. Maybe I have to keep him...

Sadly he is on an expiring clock cause once Mcgee is back this dude might start piling up DNPs again. He’s a good streamer for however look Mcgee is out. Bron loves his vets. 

The better he plays, the better tradable asset he becomes for Anthony Davis. 

Ball, Ingram, Hart, Kuzma, and Zubac - Lakers can basically give the Pelicans a young starting five lol

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

The better he plays, the better tradable asset he becomes for Anthony Davis. 

Ball, Ingram, Hart, Kuzma, and Zubac - Lakers can basically give the Pelicans a young starting five lol

no way the lakers give up all 5 of these guys, 3 max

LETS EAT TONIGHT AGAIN ZUUUUU

ps he needs to get chandlers minutes back when mcgee returns

Ouch.  Ironically, I'm getting so badly destroyed in FG% that I only really need FT% and STLs, so Zubac didn't really hurt and only helped tonight, lol.

One last chance on Sunday before I call it quits.  My fingers are crossed that Javale returns so we can just end this train and move on.

I want him to kill it and I think he can with the minutes but McGee is a huge worry.  Personally I can't hold him past Sunday in a 12 team with guys comin off of injury soon.

I dropped him to stream. 

I’ll let someone burn a waiver for him if he does well. 

I think the ride is over. 

I think the ride is over as well.  It was a nice little run, but he's been pretty awful the last two games.  The beginning of last night really was pretty painful to watch, missing what should have been easy shots and being afraid of Marjanovic, but luckily he was parked on my bench.  Once McGee comes back, he'll likely go back to not playing as Chandler is clearly the backup Center.

It's about to get crowded again... and if he only plays 10 to 20 minutes a game how good is he going to do?

Edited by hard1

2 minutes ago, hard1 said:

It's about to get crowded again... and if he only plays 10 to 20 minutes a game how good is he going to do?

Zubac sometimes didn't even get into games when McGee was healthy.  While he would have maybe carved out 10 minutes or so if he continued to play well, his drop-off makes it likely that things will go back to the way they were before.  Still, you're right, his value is done regardless once McGee returns.

• Like 1