bball961

Ivica Zubac 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Magic finally admit their initial strategy of not recruiting shooters is wrong. But to dump a young C for a not so good stretch 4, isn't it too desperate?

• Thanks 1

Just now, littlesamtung said:

Magic finally admit their initial strategy of not recruiting shooters is wrong. But to dump a young C for a not so good stretch 4, isn't it too desperate?

yeah I did not understand this move at all. LA needs to start learnin how to develop players. Dlo is having a career year and so is Randle now that they left LA. I bet Zubac becomes a huge double doulble monster as well

It seems Magic or should I say LBJ just found any 2 for 1 deal out there so Melo can come in. Nothing is new, Lebron playing the GM. Zubac is key part for them. If they can sign a max player this off-season, they need these players who are still under rookie contracts to complete the roster. THis is such a dumb move

4 minutes ago, a-rob said:

It seems Magic or should I say LBJ just found any 2 for 1 deal out there so Melo can come in. Nothing is new, Lebron playing the GM. Zubac is key part for them. If they can sign a max player this off-season, they need these players who are still under rookie contracts to complete the roster. THis is such a dumb move

Except zubac is already an expiring contract and he can’t be dealt this off season and I’m sure someone will give him an offer sheet that they won’t match anyways?

31 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Already getting offers like Batum one on one

Hold the gate! :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

yeah I did not understand this move at all. LA needs to start learnin how to develop players. Dlo is having a career year and so is Randle now that they left LA. I bet Zubac becomes a huge double doulble monster as well

Randle is a pure dump. Dlo is almost a pure dump also since he was traded for B. Lopez who eventually walked away after a wasted season in LA.

21 minutes ago, a-rob said:

I think they want another sharp shooter like Ellington. Maybe Cleveland buys out JR Smith and then reunites with LBJ.

4 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

I think they want another sharp shooter like Ellington. Maybe Cleveland buys out JR Smith and then reunites with LBJ.

There are enough 3pt shooting wings now for the Lakers. It would either be Melo or Kanter joining the team.

Just now, RotoHub said:

There are enough 3pt shooting wings now for the Lakers. It would either be Melo or Kanter joining the team.

Melo is poison and I sincerely hope they actually do it.

1 hour ago, littlesamtung said:

Melo is poison and I sincerely hope they actually do it.

I think so too, but if anybody can help him with a resurgence it is Lebron.

lakers messed up trading him 

they basically did it for melo lol

zupac has 20-10 potential with solid rim protecting .. this could come back to haunt them like letting randle go. 

Started for the Clippers, 13 mins in the first half, decent stats.

Anyone watching the game?? How does he look out there?

16 minutes ago, DamoESP said:

Started for the Clippers, 13 mins in the first half, decent stats.

Anyone watching the game?? How does he look out there?

I'm flipping between a couple games.

Some thoughts:

• Performance-wise he looks the same as he did in LA, more or less.
  • Teammates getting him involved, more than w/ the Lakers. He's touching the ball more, and they're not doing dumb Laker hero ball s--- and using the entire shot clock.
  • Seems engaged defensively; 3 blocks, but also defensive mistakes.
  • Oh yeah - he and Montrezl played together for spans too, which is great for his value.

Overall, he looks as if he has a longer leash here and won't be subject to Walton's silly rotations. Really pleased with what I'm seeing. Too early to tell but could be a solid double-double ROS w/ great percentages and decent blocks.

Edit - Oh yeah Kyrie just sprained his knee so anyone reading this might wanna pick up Rozier.

Edited by hoop
  • Like 3

He's playing with a lot of energy. Contesting every drive and shot resulting in deflections and 3 blocks. He's got a solid line right now (late in the 3rd quarter) and it should be even better considering he's missed a couple easy buckets right at the rim.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Supersonics said:

He's playing with a lot of energy. Contesting every drive and shot resulting in deflections and 3 blocks. He's got a solid line right now (late in the 3rd quarter) and it should be even better considering he's missed a couple easy buckets right at the rim.

Did you catch that dunk just now? The more I'm watching this the more optimistic I'm feeling about his situation. W/ the Lakers, at times most of his touches comes only from trying to rebound his teammates' poor shots. Zu's gotten our hopes up several times this season, but he actually seems set up for success here, or at least not set up for failure w/ the Lakers' s---y offense and unpredictable 3-center rotation

1 minute ago, hoop said:

Did you catch that dunk just now? The more I'm watching this the more optimistic I'm feeling about his situation. W/ the Lakers, at times most of his touches comes only from trying to rebound his teammates' poor shots. Zu's gotten our hopes up several times this season, but he actually seems set up for success here, or at least not set up for failure w/ the Lakers' s---y offense and unpredictable 3-center rotation

Yes he jab stepped Theis to the ground and drove it in for a nassssty dunk. Clippers are making a serious push back into this game. Of course the Celtics lost Kyrie but Zubac is a major factor. He's much more involved with this offense. Lets see how the 4th quarter goes.

Harrell ended up closing out.  I think his value will be similar to on the lakers, as I doubt his minutes will eclipse 30.  If he was worth rostering then for some, then he's still viable.  Barring an injury it seems like he'll still have limited contributions.  

I think Zu is in a good situation at LAC.  Harell is going to get his minutes, but Zu should get 25-30 most nights  as Harrell and he play together for a 5-7 minutes a game.  Zu's game is extremely fantasy friendly if he just gets minutes.  Plus contributor in FG/FT/RB/BLK  that is nice combination to have.  Doesn't hurt you anywhere.  The fact that he is barely the legal drinking age also helps when projecting forward.  I think he will will resign with the Clips this offseason and become a quality real life and fantasy basketball player.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Muggsy said:

Anyone wanna guess his ceiling?? 

At least a few inches higher than average-- dude's pretty tall.

• Haha 5

Eeekk ugly first half. Foul trouble or??

When you have more turnovers than points, you know you're in for a rough day.

Anyone watch the game? I was at work, only caught parts of the 4th