Members_Only_76

WEEK 16 - ALL GAMES THREAD 12/23!

1 minute ago, weakkneeswilly said:

In DFS? Not year long? 

I was trying to make a joke, but I do have him in one DFS showdown lineup

2 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

It's redzone for me.  Without redzone the product substantially declines, unless its a game like PIT vs NO this week or a playoff game.  Redzone gives you football without the constant breaks.

I agree 100%. The only thing that I don't like about Redzone is that you don't really get a real feel for the actual game.

I would not use that exclusively as a means of watching talent, tendencies, of a team etc.

1 minute ago, Chwf3rd said:

Redzone gives you football without the constant breaks.

This is the interesting point marketeers need to consider. TV made Football to the product it is now, and for decades we took for granted that entire kickoffs were postponed to fit more commercials.

But now we are in the age of Netflix, and we're not cool with that anymore. Now we want our content uninterrupted, especially when we already pay for the damn thing in the first place.

This is what the NFL needs to consider, and I feel quite safe in predicting they won't get that until it's almost too late. First pro sport to get this right in the US wins.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Around 6:15 tonight my team was up by 30 ... I thought I was golden now I am only up by 4. 

Brown & Samuel 

He has Buttker 

Just now, nonstopfan said:

I agree 100%. The only thing that I don't like about Redzone is that you don't really get a real feel for the actual game.

I would not use that exclusively as a means of watching talent, tendencies, of a team etc.

Yup, you can't really evaluate players on redzone but its worth it to miss the constant stopages.  Redzone is the best product in sports TV except for the NFL playoffs.

Just now, nonstopfan said:

But we all watch the Sunday night, Monday night, and even Thursday night games. I agree that single games are awful to watch, so it's gotta be fantasy that keeps us watching

2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

This is the interesting point marketeers need to consider. TV made Football to the product it is now, and for decades we took for granted that entire kickoffs were postponed to fit more commercials.

But now we are in the age of Netflix, and we're not cool with that anymore. Now we want our content uninterrupted, especially when we already pay for the damn thing in the first place.

This is what the NFL needs to consider, and I feel quite safe in predicting they won't get that until it's almost too late. First pro sport to get this right in the US wins.

So you're saying soccer still has a shot? No commercials!

2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Soccer manages to stack up money without commercials, not sure how the NFL could do it though. I think that's a large part of why Soccer is so popular with younger people

Just now, ShowStopper said:

Seahawks are annoying with how much they run the ball 

When you don’t want the Chiefs to get the ball you love that ball control 

Every single thing the Seahawks need to bleed clock is happening!!!

The Ravens and the Seahawks are on the must avoid list next year

1 minute ago, ShowStopper said:

One (long) word...

Schottenheimer

2 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

Yep, I lost because of it. Plus lost two guys early to injuries today. Unfortunately opponent started both Seattle RBs tonight.

This Defense is awful and stupid. Their o line is garbage, blitz the f---!! 

Owning Doug Baldwin this year was really annoying. I needed him earlier in the season he gave me zeros after I am eliminated he gets his s--- together 

• Like 1

Absolutely perfect game script so far for Seattle. Run the ball, control the clock and keep the dynamic offense off of the field, no big plays and keep the lead.

2 minutes ago, murraygd13 said:

Yes they need either a win or a bears loss to clinch the 2 seed.

I thought people knew Wilson and Baldwin come alive in second half 😂

Edited by Members_Only_76