Sign in to follow this  
bpr103

Up by 3.5 - Sit Denver D/ST?

Championship's on the line, Yahoo standard league, so if Oakland scores 35 it's -4.00 for Denver D/ST (assuming no sacks, int, fum, etc...).

Eight times this season a D/ST has had -4.00 points for a week (CIN is the only team to have -4.00 twice). It hasn't happened since Week 11.

Denver hasn't allowed 35 points in a game this season. 

Do I sit Denver and take the championship, assuming there are no stat corrections?

EDIT:

My team: Roethlisberger, Allen, Diggs, Gordon, J Williams, J Samuels*, D Johnson, G Zuerlein: 117.50

His team: Trubisky**, Hilton, Hill, Cohen, CJ Anderson, Howard, Engram, Butker, Chicago DST: 113.94

*TE eligible in Yahoo (weird, but I'll take it)

** Trubisky and Cohen had a weird lateral/fumble play that could result in a stat correction, but he's got both players involved in the turnover and I doubt it would result in +3 for him (it is currently scored as -2.00 for Trubisky)

Edited by bpr103
Added lineups and score

If this league is with friend's, no.  Enemies/big money, yes.  If I was in the league, I would be royally pissed if you pulled them.  Probably say, "He goes or I go next year."

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies. I'm leaning toward sitting. The points won't matter in the long run because the season ends tonight.

I don't know these folks and there's $200 on the line.

As unlikely as it is, it's the NFL and anything can happen. If I play them I feel like Denver will post a -4.

Edited by bpr103

As long as there is no rule against not fielding a full lineup, I have no issue with sitting a defense in the championship.

Sit the Broncos D and enjoy your championship.

• Like 1

Sit your D! Win the money! If it's not against the rules, you play to win the week! Otherwise, what's the point? Sure, you could have a monument stat correction that ends up giving you the loss, but that's the chance you take. (That won't happen though). Just sit your D and start spending the money. Part of Fantasy Football is strategy and yours is a good one. 

I assume there isn't any rule against sitting, or you would have told us; I don't think it's poor sportsmanship or anything.  I also assume there's no value to accumulating points,  or you would have told us; so ignore this: "No play Broncos DST NEVER miss out on points for the week!"

"

I'd sit. There probably won't be 3.5 points worth of stat corrections, but you could lose, say, one point pretty realistically, and what if Denver puts up a -3? I had a defense score -3 for me once this season - I think it was the Jets that week that they were supposed to trash Buffalo and gave up 40+ instead.

Edited by 99-percent-sure

Play it safe and sit them tonight, but just so you know they are going to shut out the Raiders for 17+ points tonight so I can win my other game. 

Sit em as long as there's no rule saying you can't field a non-full lineup. I don't care for the sportsmanship argument anyways. It's your team. Do what you want with them that's within the rules. 

Start Denver NEVER miss out on any points, Broncos are gonna cause lots of turnovers tonight 

• Haha 1