nk3323

Anyone have 2019 rankings?

7 hours ago, nk3323 said:

Wasn't the consensus 1st overall this year Gurley? 

Not at all.

23 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

Not at all.

People had hot takes.  (I drafted DJ over Gurley in one league)  but Gurley was easy consensus number 1 this year though. Felt like DJ was in 2017 but not as clear as Gurley.  Year before that was AB in PPR.  

On 12/24/2018 at 9:50 PM, Gfycat said:

This is my way too early 2019 1st and 2nd round projections. Obviously a lot of the projections will change after free agency and the draft.

(snipped)

I like your list. I don't have major changes, except:

- I want JuJu in the top25. I am even going to claim that JuJu should be in the same area or even over AB (hot take). JuJu this year already got better yardage than AB (off fewer targets) and next year he will be even better.

- I want Carson and Robert Woods around pos 20. Woods had 1300 yds total (including 18 "rushes"), Carson almost 1200 from 13 games, and I think bioth should be able to do the same or even better next season,
- Should be lower: Anthony Brown, Dalvin Cook, Davante Adams. Yes, Cook had only 860 but off 10 games. Extrapolate that and you have a top25 performance. Adams will depend on whether the Packers can find a decent coach.
- Should be higher: Joe Mixon, TY Hilton, Mike Evans. Hilton did great, and Luck should be even better next year;  Mixon had 1350 yd in 13 games, and that extrapolates even to a top10 result.

What about the following (your list with some changes):

Todd Gurley

Saquon Barkley

Ezekiel Elliott

Christian McCaffrey

James Conner

Alvin Kamara

Melvin Gordon

Le'Veon Bell

Joe Mixon

Tyreek Hill

Julio Jones

Michael Thomas

DeAndre Hopkins

Mike Evans

JuJu Smith-Schuster

T.Y. Hilton

Davante Adams

Chris Carson

Antonio Brown

Robert Woods

Leonard Fournette

Adam Thielen

David Johnson

Odell Beckham

Dalvin Cook

Kelce and Ertz are easily in any top 20 for PPR leagues that require a TE...imo

JuJu is also a top 20 player too...Mahomes will be as well. Solid early stab at it @Gfycat!

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2018 at 8:33 PM, dmb3684 said:

No I want you to give me an example of what you are saying. Can't remember the last time there was a consensus number 1

While I don't agree that there has been no consensus number 1.  The past 2 years Gurley(off averaging a insane 41 a game in playoffs) and DJ were consensus number 1s.  You could of made a case for Bell over DJ if Bell wasn't suspended.  I do agree in other years there hasn't been a consensus number 1 for a long time.  But even in those years it was between 2 guys.  This year there are 5 RB's to score 325 or more in ppr and a case can be made for any of them to be the top pick.  That has never happened before.

Edited by youngrice

On 12/24/2018 at 1:50 PM, Gfycat said:

This is my way too early 2019 1st and 2nd round projections. Obviously a lot of the projections will change after free agency and the draft.

1    Gurley
  2    Barkley
    3    Elliot
4    McCaffrey
5   James Conner
6    Kamara
7    M. Gordon
8    D. Adams
9    AB
10    L. Bell
11    Hill
12    Dalvin Cook
13    Julio Jones
14    M. Thomas
15    D. Hopkins
16    L. Fournette
17    A. Thielen
18    DJ
19    OBJ
20    Mike Evans
21    Joe Mixon
22    Travis Kelce
23    TY Hilton
24    Nick Chubb
25    Keenan Allen

Makes me want the 14/15 turn again!

14 hours ago, K197040 said:

I think Keenan still belongs in there somewhere.   

Yeah fair enough; he doesn't get in my top 25 but I put him in at 26.

Here is my revised ranking for .5 PPR:

Christian McCaffrey

RB

Ezekiel Elliott

RB

Saquon Barkley

RB

Todd Gurley

RB

Julio Jones

WR

Davante Adams

WR

Melvin Gordon

RB

JuJu Smith-Schuster

WR

Tyreek Hill

WR

DeAndre Hopkins

WR

James Conner

RB

Antonio Brown

WR

Alvin Kamara

RB

Odell Beckham

WR

Adam Thielen

WR

Michael Thomas

WR

Mike Evans

WR

T.Y. Hilton

WR

Robert Woods

WR

Travis Kelce

TE

Zach Ertz

TE

Kareem Hunt

RB

Joe Mixon

RB

Julian Edelman

WR

Stefon Diggs

WR

Keenan Allen

WR

George Kittle

TE

A.J. Green

WR

Emmanuel Sanders

WR

Brandin Cooks

WR

9 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Yeah fair enough; he doesn't get in my top 25 but I put him in at 26.

Here is my revised ranking for .5 PPR:

Christian McCaffrey

RB

Ezekiel Elliott

RB

Saquon Barkley

RB

Todd Gurley

RB

Julio Jones

WR

Davante Adams

WR

Melvin Gordon

RB

JuJu Smith-Schuster

WR

Tyreek Hill

WR

DeAndre Hopkins

WR

James Conner

RB

Antonio Brown

WR

Alvin Kamara

RB

Odell Beckham

WR

Adam Thielen

WR

Michael Thomas

WR

Mike Evans

WR

T.Y. Hilton

WR

Robert Woods

WR

Travis Kelce

TE

Zach Ertz

TE

Kareem Hunt

RB

Joe Mixon

RB

Julian Edelman

WR

Stefon Diggs

WR

Keenan Allen

WR

George Kittle

TE

A.J. Green

WR

Emmanuel Sanders

WR

Brandin Cooks

WR

Love the rankings but why Kamara so low? I have a feeling Ingram leaves and we saw what Kamara’s production was when he was the workhorse.

5 hours ago, joebaker23 said:

Love the rankings but why Kamara so low? I have a feeling Ingram leaves and we saw what Kamara’s production was when he was the workhorse.

That is actually a very good question. Back to the drawing board.

Edit: not because of your feeling about Ingram, because 1) that's not happened yet and 2) NO may sign Bell for all we know. But mainly, Kamara is a regular stud, so I need to see what happened there.

Edited by Boudewijn

29 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

That is actually a very good question. Back to the drawing board.

Edit: not because of your feeling about Ingram, because 1) that's not happened yet and 2) NO may sign Bell for all we know. But mainly, Kamara is a regular stud, so I need to see what happened there.

No way Saints sign Bell right? I don’t see the logic in doing that (crazier things have happened however)

7 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

No way Saints sign Bell right? I don’t see the logic in doing that (crazier things have happened however)

As an example. What I was trying to say is, I can try to correct for the things I already know, not for the things we don't know yet ;)

On 12/27/2018 at 4:50 AM, Boudewijn said:

I like your list. I don't have major changes, except:

- I want JuJu in the top25. I am even going to claim that JuJu should be in the same area or even over AB (hot take). JuJu this year already got better yardage than AB (off fewer targets) and next year he will be even better.

- I want Carson and Robert Woods around pos 20. Woods had 1300 yds total (including 18 "rushes"), Carson almost 1200 from 13 games, and I think bioth should be able to do the same or even better next season,
- Should be lower: Anthony Brown, Dalvin Cook, Davante Adams. Yes, Cook had only 860 but off 10 games. Extrapolate that and you have a top25 performance. Adams will depend on whether the Packers can find a decent coach.
- Should be higher: Joe Mixon, TY Hilton, Mike Evans. Hilton did great, and Luck should be even better next year;  Mixon had 1350 yd in 13 games, and that extrapolates even to a top10 result.

What about the following (your list with some changes):

Todd Gurley

Saquon Barkley

Ezekiel Elliott

Christian McCaffrey

James Conner

Alvin Kamara

Melvin Gordon

Le'Veon Bell

Joe Mixon

Tyreek Hill

Julio Jones

Michael Thomas

DeAndre Hopkins

Mike Evans

JuJu Smith-Schuster

T.Y. Hilton

Davante Adams

Chris Carson

Antonio Brown

Robert Woods

Leonard Fournette

Adam Thielen

David Johnson

Odell Beckham

Dalvin Cook

Thanks for the reply! 

There are some really good points that you made. The list I posted earlier factored in a lot of the typical ESPN 1st and 2nd round name bias that I predict will factor into next year's draft as well (AB, etc.) 

Just a few things:

1) I could easily see the case for Juju going in the 2nd round, but I have him at WR11 right now, just behind K.A. While I don't think that we've seen Juju's ceiling yet, I think it would be hard to convince most people that he will finish above  the likes of AB and Davante Adams. 

2) I don't necessarily disagree with your take of Joe Mixon with respect to RB rankings, but I think 1st round overall is a bit high. Taking Mixon over the likes of Hopkins or Julio Jones would seem a bit risky, considering the consistency of both Jones and Hopkins. 

3) Carson and Woods could easily get 2nd round consideration next year, but for now, I have them as 3rd (Woods) and 4th (Carson) round picks. My reasoning for Carson's lower projection would be the chance that Penny emerges and has standalone value as a receiving back next year. 

Here's my idea for 26-40 rankings in case you wanted to see them. 

26. Juju

27. Ertz

28. Phillip Lindsay

29. AJ Green

30. R. Woods

31. S. Diggs

32. P. Mahomes

33. Edelman

34. Aaron Jones

35. B. Cooks

36. Devonta Freeman

37. Kittle

38. A. Cooper

39. Emmanuel Sanders

40. Chiefs Starting RB

• Like 2

On 12/27/2018 at 3:06 PM, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Makes me want the 14/15 turn again!

I suspect that next year's first 2 rounds will have even more RB bias than this year, which I tried to factor into my list. I think it would make a lot of sense to go WR/WR in most scoring formats if you're in the 10th-12th range, if that's what you meant. 

On 12/24/2018 at 4:32 PM, The_Truth_Returns said:

Decent list, a lot of this is definitely interchangeable and subject to personal opinion, the only one I'd probably say doesn't deserve top 25 status is Fournette.  I'd have a tough time drafting him with any of the guys below him still on the board.  I'd put Mahomes up there as the lone QB, not sure about other leagues, but mine always buck the trend and the top QB goes in Round 2.  It's never me, but it always happens.

Yeah, I agree with that. Fournette and Cook in particular will be hard for everyone to project next year. I'll probably lower Fournette's rankings eventually, although I don't think you can remove him entirely from the RB1 discussion. 

I have Mahomes projected in the 3rd round right now (Pick 32). I get your logic though, there's always that one guy that takes a QB with his first or second pick. However, I feel a 2nd round projection might be just a bit high, even for Mahomes. 

52 minutes ago, Gfycat said:

I have Mahomes projected in the 3rd round right now (Pick 32). I get your logic though, there's always that one guy that takes a QB with his first or second pick. However, I feel a 2nd round projection might be just a bit high, even for Mahomes. 

Where QBs go is so league dependent and so more or less separate from the RB/WR/TE discussion, that next year I will keep 2 draft lists:

- The main one is RB/WR/TE

- the QBs I will just cross off in parallel until we get to around QB10, and then pick whoever I like best of what's left.