lukebro22

$100 ESPN Startup Keeper League

I have very few baseball friends and I have a strong desire to play fantasy baseball this season. The best way I can play in a league that has a buy in and structure that I want is to start a league myself, I would be very new at running a baseball league so I would be open to suggestions and even having a co-commissioner. My plan is to have a pretty standard league that would be H2H points as opposed to cats. I prefer a keeper league for now with plans on maintaining the league long term, If we were to get a good chore group of owners I would be open to converting this league into a dynasty league, The buy in will be $100 with all money being paid out and I would use leagesafe, Please leave your email if you are interested, I would ask for buy ins to be paid before the draft. 

-Luke 

Hey, my name is Matt, and I’ve been the commissioner of an espn league for 8 years. I like espn because it’s very customizable. I’m interested in your league, and can offer any assistance you may need.

I think creating the league into a dynasty league from the jump is the way to go. This would allow owners/gm’s to plan their draft for this year and the future.

Hi. My name is Chris. I’d be very interested in joining. I’ve been playing in a keeper league for 10 years now, so I’m somewhat familiar with the format. My email is chris.hanna27@gmail.com

Sorry for the late response, I will email all of you today. Open to discussing the dynasty/keeper options, I just figured starting as a keeper league would get more interest and give us a season or two to weed out the not active enough owners. Thanks! 

• Like 2

I think if there is legitimate interest from everyone in eventually turning the league into a dynasty league, it’s better to do that from the beginning. Let everyone know from the start how to draft and set their teams up. I would want to know from the beginning if I’m going to target guys like vlad jr, Honeywell etc

38 minutes ago, Durham-Bulls said:

I think if there is legitimate interest from everyone in eventually turning the league into a dynasty league, it’s better to do that from the beginning. Let everyone know from the start how to draft and set their teams up. I would want to know from the beginning if I’m going to target guys like vlad jr, Honeywell etc

Can't disagree with that. Only reason I can think of is that it's easier to move owners in and out of the league while the league is new and we are still getting to know each other. Heck if everyone wants to be a dynasty from day 1 I sure as heck won't say no though. 

Hey

Im very interested.   Does espn work well if its dynasty?

please email more info/rules on league.  

I am a very active owner.  

I’m interested. I’m in the same boat,my friends don’t play fantasy baseball. I’ve been looking for a league. Keeper into possible  dynasty sounds good.

dinos796@gmail.com

43 minutes ago, Kostadino said:

I’m interested. I’m in the same boat,my friends don’t play fantasy baseball. I’ve been looking for a league. Keeper into possible  dynasty sounds good.

dinos796@gmail.com

Gotcha! 

7 hours ago, lukebro22 said:

Looks like we have 7 showing interest which is promising. I will send out an email tonight during the games. Thanks boys!! 

Thanks again and definitely include me on the email. Shwnrgn99@icloud.com 

9 minutes ago, smorlock said:

Very interested,  smorlock@comcast.net

gotcha. I will include you in the next round of emails which will have some more details on the league, 

Hi,

I may be interested in joining.

Will this be a salary cap type league.  Minor league rosters?

Is there a constitution yet?

10 hours ago, apots77 said:

Hi,

I may be interested in joining.

Will this be a salary cap type league.  Minor league rosters?

Is there a constitution yet?

No cap, we are likely starting as a fairly basic keeper league. I don't want to bother trying to run a dynasty league until we have a commited group of 10+ owners. Reason being is that I know that too much turnover will kill a dynasty league.