Corleone

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

On 9/6/2019 at 10:56 AM, elroypedro said:

Bears D was good. Packers O was bad.

But game script favored Jones and he had 13 carries and a target, and looked EXCEPTIONALLY bad every time he touched the ball. I think he had one play that was like a 9 yard run that even under the circumstances was the only half decent play he made all night. 

There is a meme going around that he was a drunk sorority girl stumbling around on the field last night. 

He looks like the type of player that can use his burst to beat up on bad teams but his complete lack of vision is concerning in any challenging situation. 

This is not a guy I ant to own anywhere.

You were saying @elroypedro

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

You can't really blame anyone for benching this week after last weeks performance and this weeks matchup. That being said, it's great to see he's going to be a big part of this offense and should be a must start going forward.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Trade offers are starting to fly in.....

What do you all think his ROS RB rank is in standard leagues? FantasyPros has him at #15 currently which does not factor in today's performances or injuries.

Looking at the guys ahead of him, I'd take Jones over Marlon Mack (#13), Todd Gurley (#14), Derrick Henry (#12), Fournette (#11), Conner (#10).

Argument to be made that you take him over Bell (#9) and Carson (#8). We are basically looking at the #8 RB ROS....

Feels good

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, meverett85 said:

Trade offers are starting to fly in.....

What do you all think his ROS RB rank is in standard leagues? FantasyPros has him at #15 currently which does not factor in today's performances or injuries.

Looking at the guys ahead of him, I'd take Jones over Marlon Mack (#13), Todd Gurley (#14), Derrick Henry (#12), Fournette (#11), Conner (#10).

Argument to be made that you take him over Bell (#9) and Carson (#8). We are basically looking at the #8 RB ROS....

Feels good

Yeah that sounds about right. If we assume he plays all games this season with no injuries. He's top 5 imo.

I felt the same way last season once they started giving him more touches. This guy is just really good when he has the ball in his hands.

Edited by n4sa
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, n4sa said:

Yeah that sounds about right. If we assume he plays all games this season with no injuries. He's top 5 imo.

I felt the same way last season once they started giving him more touches. This guy is just really good when he has the ball in his hands.

Yep, he’s durable and looks to be a big part of offence.  I enjoyed watching him last season and expect him to improve if stays healthy.  AJ is a clear cut RB1

• Like 1

11 hours ago, n4sa said:

You can't really blame anyone for benching this week after last weeks performance and this weeks matchup. That being said, it's great to see he's going to be a big part of this offense and should be a must start going forward.

uhhh what? you can 100% blame everyone for benching a 4th round pick in most cases week 2, definition of overthinking

• Like 2

Great game yesterday and glad I didn't bench him for White like I was closing to doing because of the bad match-up.  Now, I just wish I had him on my two other teams.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

uhhh what? you can 100% blame everyone for benching a 4th round pick in most cases week 2, definition of overthinking

You start players who you think will get you the most points. Coming off a bad week 1 and going against a team that torched the falcons is not the greatest matchup. Nobody had Aaron Jones high in their rankings this week.

Edited by n4sa
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, n4sa said:

You start players who you think will get you the most points. Coming off a bad week 1 and going against a team that torched the falcons is not the greatest matchup. Nobody had Aaron Jones high in their rankings this week.

ESPN consensus was 19/20 RB so universally started by that measure, or owners should have started him if they weren't too busy getting cute Week 2

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Thanks 1

On 9/3/2019 at 8:52 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

will finish ahead of Mixon, for much cheaper capital - BANK. 

lotta foosball (both tackle and magick) left to play, of course .... but i like that call even more as we approach week tres. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

ESPN consensus was 19/20 RB so universally started by that measure, or owners should have started him if they weren't too busy getting cute Week 2

Ok mr fantasy guru. Whatever you say.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

ESPN consensus was 19/20 RB so universally started by that measure, or owners should have started him if they weren't too busy getting cute being scared Week 2

fify

• Haha 3

The guy won the job last year and came into this season facing two "supposedly" great defenses. He's not a committee back anymore and everyone drafting him with early round picks knew that. However, if your 12th rd pick is better, by all means start them. It's not rocket science to me that he is a legit RB2 and should be starting every week. People overthink it because who else is going to be starting at RB? Then they make excuses as to why they sat him and talk about hindsight. Well, I started him both weeks because defenses are not invincible. He's an amazing talent at his position. If he's healthy, he starts for your team. Live and die with your best players, don't be scared of matchups.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, n4sa said:

I love the hindsight charlatans after a good week.

giphy.gif

Not hindsight if you started him two weeks in a row. It's called not thinking you are smarter than the game.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

The guy won the job last year and came into this season facing two "supposedly" great defenses. He's not a committee back anymore and everyone drafting him with early round picks knew that. However, if your 12th rd pick is better, by all means start them. It's not rocket science to me that he is a legit RB2 and should be starting every week. People overthink it because who else is going to be starting at RB? Then they make excuses as to why they sat him and talk about hindsight. Well, I started him both weeks because defenses are not invincible. He's an amazing talent at his position. If he's healthy, he starts for your team. Live and die with your best players, don't be scared of matchups.

Agree.  And he had good games against "tough" defenses last year.   Including Minnesota.  I don't think most people drafted him just because he was available.  I think it was because there was the potential of him being a top 10 RB.   Week 1 shouldn't have changed that in anyone's minds.

• Thanks 1

Nobody runs on the Bears. If you benched Jones because he didn't play well against the best run stoppers in the league... That's on you.

5 minutes ago, Breesus said:

Top 30 RB RoS book it 

Bold

• Like 1

I love all the hindsight trolls this week lol.

"You were a fool for not starting Jones this week!"

What are your guys thoughts on his outlook ROS? The new coaching and improved defense has only benefited him IMO. He is the clear back and the only thing holding back is health but the same can be said for everyone. Packers look good this year I can see more leads and running out the clockn I have a rb heavy team looking to see if I can make a fair trade. With healthy, I can see Jones having a rookie Kamara like year. Im pretty high on him.

6 hours ago, n4sa said:

I love all the hindsight trolls this week lol.

"You were a fool for not starting Jones this week!"

There were several people in this thread who, before the Week 2 game, advised why people shouldn't give up on Jones after Week 1.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3