Corleone

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, cs3 said:

If the only RB that the other "99% of teams" had was Aaron Jones, they would!

The guy is 4/4 from the red zone. Go to bed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, mbell317 said:

I agree. I'm not sure why people are acting like the sky is falling with this guy. Maybe because of his low Yards per carry? They are afraid he's going to lose carries to Jamal?

Either way I think the notion that he has faced tough defenses and that he is facing an easier schedule coming up is true. 

And to be fair I don't think you can get rid of herpes. So we are stuck with this guy either way! 

Most people that are talking negative of jones are realists. They don’t live in fantasy land and look toward the future. Fantasy football isn’t only about points, you have to spot trends. The trend is that Williams had more snaps than jones vs Denver then he started vs the eagles. That’s a huge red flag. If it wasn’t for the injury who knows how that night could of ended. The only single thing jones has going in his favor is his red zone efficiency. He knows how to score from the red zone. Other than that his arrow is pointed down. 

• Haha 1

Jones has the backfield for the next week, maybe few weeks. It should be a good time for him.

• Like 1

The amount of ppl in this thread that are scared to have him is so hilarious. There was so many “fantasy experts” predicting he would be terrible in the first month of the season. Which is why he’s been on everyone’s buy low list. 

The schedule is going to be sooo much easier with or without Williams.

Hes the type of player that doesn’t need too many touches because everytime he touches the ball he finds a way to fall forward. Those talking about how his avg is low, that freaking o line is terrible. 

Buy him now if you can. Next game wit be in the higher double digits i gaurantee it. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Most people that are talking negative of jones are realists. They don’t live in fantasy land and look toward the future. Fantasy football isn’t only about points, you have to spot trends. The trend is that Williams had more snaps than jones vs Denver then he started vs the eagles. That’s a huge red flag. If it wasn’t for the injury who knows how that night could of ended. The only single thing jones has going in his favor is his red zone efficiency. He knows how to score from the red zone. Other than that his arrow is pointed down. 

Both backs were on the field the first play vs the eagles

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, mbell317 said:

I agree. I'm not sure why people are acting like the sky is falling with this guy. Maybe because of his low Yards per carry? They are afraid he's going to lose carries to Jamal?

Either way I think the notion that he has faced tough defenses and that he is facing an easier schedule coming up is true. 

And to be fair I don't think you can get rid of herpes. So we are stuck with this guy either way! 

Welcome to the Aaron Jones thread. It was like this last year too.

6 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

It’s called game script. He’s a set and forget RB2 just like how he was drafted. No worries at all. 

How do we feel about Aaron Jones going against DAL that held Alvin Kamara to 89 yards on 20 touches?

18 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

How do we feel about Aaron Jones going against DAL that held Alvin Kamara to 89 yards on 20 touches?

Tough matchup but Im feeling confident  

I'd be fairly confident in volume alone. And maybe, just maybe, the Packers finally learned after last week that when you have first and goal from the 1, you're supposed to run the ball. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, BGDDYKWL said:

I'd be fairly confident in volume alone. And maybe, just maybe, the Packers finally learned after last week that when you have first and goal from the 1, you're supposed to run the ball. 

When Eddie Lacy was in his prime for those couple years the Packers constantly threw the ball on 1st and goal from inside the 5 hard line.. It was so frustrating...

Its just what Rodgers does and it won't change with Aaron Jones because Rodgers is still the qb calling his own number most of the time in the red zone...

New coach, same Rodgers..

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jpark211 said:

I think Rodgers will be able to keep the defense more honest than Bridgewater even with Adams possibly out.  

Why are people complaining The packers should run from inside the 5. jones has 40 yards on the ground in his last 23 attempts. And somehow managed 3 touchdowns with those abysmal numbers. That tells me he’s getting those goal line carries. So he doesn’t get every single one with Rogers. He sure as hell doesn’t deserve the carries near the goal line when he’s ranked RB #67 in YPC this season. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Athebaby7 said:

Why are people complaining The packers should run from inside the 5. jones has 40 yards on the ground in his last 23 attempts. And somehow managed 3 touchdowns with those abysmal numbers. That tells me he’s getting those goal line carries. So he doesn’t get every single one with Rogers. He sure as hell doesn’t deserve the carries near the goal line when he’s ranked RB #67 in YPC this season. 

Yeas Aaron Jones is garbage and one of the worst starting rbs in the league. However they should have ran once or twice to play action the pass

• Like 1

Might be a rough week for Jones again if Davante is ruled out. Hopefully he will see more work in the passing game. He has some decent games coming up. Raiders are middle of the pack against the run. Chiefs are second to last against the run. Chargers are mediocre and Panthers are in bottom tier. So, patience my friends.

I'm liking what I'm hearing here:

Without two key offensive weapons, the Packers might have to rely even more on running back Aaron Jones. The third-year pro has a lone 100-yard game this season in Week 2 against the Vikings (23 carries for 116 yards) but hasn't topped 39 yards in any of the other three games.

His first career 100-yard game came at Dallas as a rookie in 2017, when he rushed for 125 yards on 16 carries and actually outgained Ezekiel Elliott (116 yards on 25 carries).

"I definitely think I can go toe to toe with him," Jones told ESPN this week. "I feel like that's something I did a couple of years back in Dallas when not a lot of people knew me. That was my first start. I definitely think I can go toe to toe. I'm excited to be in the same stadium and to compete against him."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27768015/packers-wr-davante-adams-toe-ruled-cowboys-sunday

• Like 1

He's put up points against the toughest matchups so far this season and now he has the backfield to himself.

He's locked in.

• Haha 2

he's a potential volume play this week.  no Williams no Adams means that Jones is going to have to step up for GB.  the final line may not be great when it comes to ypc and such because DAL D is legit and GB sometimes can't seem to get out of its own way but he should have volume to be a fantasy starter

Lafleur "um yeah aaron had a great game today, but yeah we need to even these touches up... get carson Vitale and a healthy Jamaal back in there... can't keep having these beast games out of one guy, so look for us to get back on track next week with the split..." 

🤣😂 no way this can come out of his mouth right???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/3/2019 at 6:04 AM, Dr. Whom said:

Yeas Aaron Jones is garbage and one of the worst starting rbs in the league

Totally

• Haha 2

On 9/29/2019 at 12:50 AM, HOF12 said:

The amount of ppl in this thread that are scared to have him is so hilarious. There was so many “fantasy experts” predicting he would be terrible in the first month of the season. Which is why he’s been on everyone’s buy low list. 

The schedule is going to be sooo much easier with or without Williams.

Hes the type of player that doesn’t need too many touches because everytime he touches the ball he finds a way to fall forward. Those talking about how his avg is low, that freaking o line is terrible. 

Buy him now if you can. Next game wit be in the higher double digits i gaurantee it. 

Yesssir ppl stay doubting his talent smh 

I was doubting jones but not because of his talent. But because of him sharing work with Williams. This was obviously a great game and I hope he cemented his roll. But let’s not celebrate prematurely. The real question still remains. How much work is Williams going to get when he comes back?

• Haha 3