Corleone

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

10 hours ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

He looked great today. Lot of burst with his runs and just seemed to be playing faster than the Dallas defense. 

He really just has a different gear around the corner. He can bruise up the middle and flashes some serious speed on the edge. 

Free Aaron Jones!

As a Cowboys fan, the only good part of that game was having Jones on my fantasy squad lol.

Aaron Rodgers didn't look real happy at times but the Packers played winning football and pounded the ball in when they got in the red zone.  The Cowboys should take some lessons from that.  They usually just give Zeke a token carry then forget about him.  The Packers didn't forget about Jones yesterday and stayed with what was working.  

Jones is just a darn good player.  Where he really impressed me also was as a receiver....He made some excellent grabs.

• Like 7

10 hours ago, Onyx said:

Totally

Started him so my plan worked. I knew AJ was going to read my post

• Haha 1

If you ever wanted to sell, now is sell high time. Highly likely Best game of season.

Looking at flipping him and a WR for a top 5 type back. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DirtyBirdSA said:

If you ever wanted to sell, now is sell high time. Highly likely Best game of season.

So your going to give a rb1 and a flex? wr for a rb1? nice!

21 minutes ago, DirtyBirdSA said:

Really going out on a limb there 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

I'm sure he'll have a couple of 5 TD games later on haha!!!

14 minutes ago, Nyblazer11235 said:

LOL....

Some guys are never happy.

Hopefully Aaron sent a message to his head coach. He certainly did to the Cowboys.

20931e20-e89e-11e9-a3f6-96727f29e47c

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Proteus said:

So touchdown dependent though.

Meaning if you started him, your opponent put a dent in his depends.

My opponent this week had CMC so I ended up losing due to Mike Evans posting a goose egg.... just my luck

Just now, FitzMagic said:

Hopefully Aaron sent a message to his head coach. He certainly did to the Cowboys.

20931e20-e89e-11e9-a3f6-96727f29e47c

I think he was waiving bye to Jones' contract since Dallas is about to pay Dak 60M/year cause he is a stud. As a cowboys fan, i approve all messages. 

• Like 1

On 9/3/2019 at 8:52 AM, pastorofmuppets2 said:

will finish ahead of Mixon, for much cheaper capital - BANK. 

... aaaand the beat goes on. 

🏛

6 minutes ago, Bringthesonicsback said:

Smh only 4 TDs without Williams, yuck

LaFleur is pissed right now. These TDs were meant for Jamal.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, trashlife said:

LaFleur is pissed right now. These TDs were meant for Jamal.

he probably spent the entire night staring at his Williams shrine with the TDs replaying in his head 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DirtyBirdSA said:

See what type of WR1 would you trade for tho? All the WR1 have been so Unreliable. 

Julio, Mike Evans, Hopkins, etc etc 

and as for a rb1 i don’t think there’s anyone else that i would trade ajones for. Except maybe dalvin cook. 

all other rb have been up and down. Unless you go for someone like Chubb. 

14 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I think he was waiving bye to Jones' contract since Dallas is about to pay Dak 60M/year cause he is a stud. As a cowboys fan, i approve all messages. 

Agree.

What's Aaron Jones' contract....something like 4 years 2.5 mil or something?

And who was the best RB on the field yesterday?  The guy making 15 million a year or the guy making 600K?

I'm not sure it's Zeke's fault but the fact is that he's not used like he's the best RB in the league.  Look at CMC....now that's a guy whose usage deserves 15 million a year.  That's a guy putting a team on is back....much like Jones did yesterday.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, HOF12 said:

See what type of WR1 would you trade for tho? All the WR1 have been so Unreliable. 

Julio, Mike Evans, Hopkins, etc etc 

and as for a rb1 i don’t think there’s anyone else that i would trade ajones for. Except maybe dalvin cook. 

all other rb have been up and down. Unless you go for someone like Chubb. 

Chubb.....who's going to have Kareem Hunt returning soon to potentially create the scenario Jones owners are so scared of, only worse. Now there's a decent "sell high" candidate. I'd trade away Chubb for Jones if given that offer.

Edited by Sartorialism
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Sartorialism said:

Chubb.....who's going to have Kareem Hunt returning soon to potentially create the scenario Jones owners are so scared of, only worse. Now there's a decent "sell high" candidate. I'd trade away Chubb for Jones if given that offer.

I definitely wouldn’t for Chubb, just giving him a scenario. 

Maybe someone like saquan,cmc,or dalvin cook. But those owners wouldn’t trade them for Jones just because they don’t see him as a RB1 

i certainly do. Aaron Jones will be a first rounder next year if he keeps this up. 

Maybe 2nd. But we definitely got good value for him considering most drafted him in the 3rd or 4th

4 hours ago, Sartorialism said:

Every time i see somebody push this "sell high" narrative after a standout performance i remember Gurley's MVP candidate year where this idea went into overload and anybody foolish enough to listen was kicking themselves.

It's the most lazy, overused piece of advice going.

Isn’t it different in this situation because Gurley wasn’t in a timeshare? Jones went off week 2 and a couple days later, Lafleur said he wanted to even up the touches. 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, this guy right here said:

CMC and Fournette are the only bell cows left. Even Zeke is giving up run to Pollard this year.

Not really true. Mack, Cook, Kamara, Johnson, Chubb, Henry, Carson and Conner all have the backfield to themselves too and can be considered bell cows. 

Edited by Dexter75

5 minutes ago, Dexter75 said:

Not really true. Mack, Cook, Kamara, Johnson, Chubb, Henry, Carson and Conner all have the backfield to themselves too and can be considered bell cows. 

Bell

37 minutes ago, akooreman180 said:

Isn’t it different in this situation because Gurley wasn’t in a timeshare? Jones went off week 2 and a couple days later, Lafleur said he wanted to even up the touches. 

I feel like with Jones though it's a case where they are just trying to keep him healthy for the season.  I mean, they were running Tre Carson out there a fair amount yesterday when Jones was running circles around everybody.

They clearly came in yesterday with a game plan around their best offensive skill player and Jones showed what he's capable of.  He's still a young guy who is looking for that first monster season to cash in with.

I suppose I could see selling if the offer was right.  I guess I'd sell anybody if the offer was right.

But he's not a guy I'd be actively shopping.  I don't know if there are too many RB's I'd rather have except for the guys like CMC, Saquon, Zeke, Kamara, maybe Chubb.  And Kamara might be arguable right now.  And heck, he's outperformed Zeke.  And Saquon is hurt and on a terrible team.  And Chubb might have Hunt to deal with soon.

Most likely if I did trade him it would be if I was getting a good RB back and upgrading another position.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DirtyBirdSA said:

He is a top 5 back points wise so far. So I better be getting back CMC, Zeke, Chubb or Kamara.