Corleone

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

3 minutes ago, Islanderman said:

Are you kidding me with this game tonight. The easiest td pass you’ll ever get, fumbling. He deserved to be benched. Meanwhile this guy Williams will NEVER go away. He was just carted off the field. My hopes were so high. Nope, back in a week, taking over. Jones is in an rbbc now. And how obvious they trust Williams more. Was in most of the 4th quarter. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2019 at 2:57 PM, n4sa said:

Time to drop him for Jamaal Williams.

• Haha 1

Welcome to committee city. Yet so many weren’t worried about Williams last week. Idk why I didn’t trust my gut and sell high last week.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Welcome to committee city. Yet so many weren’t worried about Williams last week. Idk why I didn’t trust my gut and sell high last week.

If Jones didn't fumble and drop a wide open TD pass, that's 8 points. 

Why do you keep saying Williams? It's all on Jones. If he plays well he'll have plenty of touches. 

2 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

Why do you keep saying Williams? It's all on Jones. If he plays well he'll have plenty of touches. 

But he didn’t. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

I don't think he's arguing that the touches won't be there but this is clearly a committee.

• Like 2

For some reason people were responding with laughs after last week when I and many others brought up how Williams would still be heavily involved. He clearly outplayed Jones tonight and this is 100% a committee going forward. Received 3 more touches as well.

Edited by akooreman180

6 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

If Williams wasn’t there Jones would have kept pounding that ball like he did last game. That fumble and that dropped ball would have been a non factor and he still would have had a great game. What don’t you people get about that? You guys “like Williams out there to keep him fresh” or some other BS. Well you guys got it. Jones looked real fresh tonight sitting on the bench.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 2

Matt Lafeur loves using the hot hand approach. Each back is guaranteed 10+ touches weekly. I think Jones will get the start but they will spell each other. It’s going to be a similar backfield to 49ers. With Coleman=Jones and Breida = Williams.

Should also note before In week 3, Williams outsnapped Jones 

Overreaction. Jones will be fine. However, I'll look to trade him if he bounces back next week. Glad he got a little humble pie after that 4 TD game...

6 minutes ago, Nguvocity said:

Matt Lafeur loves using the hot hand approach. Each back is guaranteed 10+ touches weekly. I think Jones will get the start but they will spell each other. It’s going to be a similar backfield to 49ers. With Coleman=Jones and Breida = Williams.

Should also note before In week 3, Williams outsnapped Jones 

What your referring to is a full blown committee. That brings Jones down a whole tier. He's probably just a RB 2 most weeks and thats if we are lucky enough to get a TD.

this backfield is disgusting. The niners backfield i can tolerate...but this GB backfield is gross. Stay far away. I failed to trade away Jones, but I hope you all got something good for him. His value = jamaals

3 minutes ago, David Aames said:

this backfield is disgusting. The niners backfield i can tolerate...but this GB backfield is gross. Stay far away. I failed to trade away Jones, but I hope you all got something good for him. His value = jamaals

This post is a prime example of why this forum needs a downvote feature.

• Like 2

I don’t get all this RB1 RB2 talk..  Wasn’t Jones selected as an RB2 peeps?  Anything more is gravy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tghetty said:

I don’t get all this RB1 RB2 talk..  Wasn’t Jones selected as an RB2 peeps?  Anything more is gravy

I’d be happy with a consistent RB2. He wasn’t even a RB3 today. If this is a full blown committee like it looks like then he’s going to have some terrible weeks like today. Which won’t make him consistent. 

3 minutes ago, Tghetty said:

Well the point is that you need guys ceiling or upside to materialize to actually win a league. Jones has very little upside if he is game to game dependent on a hot hand approach and makes for a risky start. It also lowers his floor which means he is more likely to screw you week to week

Jones will still be goal line back or at least see more red zone touches imo. He is the better back. He was sat tonight for his poor start and that’s why he was out touched. Yes Williams is a change of pace and that’s the case with most back fields these days. Had jones caught that ball and gained those 9 yards without the fumble he would be still a rb1. Mistake happen and he will bounce back. He will get those opportunities again and my guess is he will cash in on them.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, dakimbell said:

Well the point is that you need guys ceiling or upside to materialize to actually win a league. Jones has very little upside if he is game to game dependent on a hot hand approach and makes for a risky start. It also lowers his floor which means he is more likely to screw you week to week

Jones had 45 points last week and 23 points in week 2. He has plenty of upside

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Jones will still be goal line back or at least see more red zone touches imo. He is the better back. He was sat tonight for his poor start and that’s why he was out touched. Yes Williams is a change of pace and that’s the case with most back fields these days. Had jones caught that ball and gained those 9 yards without the fumble he would be still a rb1. Mistake happen and he will bounce back. He will get those opportunities again and my guess is he will cash in on them.

This is not true. Coach has already said this is a 50/50 timeshare. They do trust Jamaal more in the passing game. Jamaal also runs crisper routes compared to Jones. So i would imagine it being more of a 55/45 snap count in favor of Jamaal. Again....this backfield is disgusting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

I’d be happy with a consistent RB2. He wasn’t even a RB3 today. If this is a full blown committee like it looks like then he’s going to have some terrible weeks like today. Which won’t make him consistent. 

Jones is the #4 ranked RB on the season that makes him an RB1. Every RB1 will have RB3 type weeks.

From reading this forum you guys are making it seem like Jones is like ranked 30 on the season or something. You guys probably drafted him in the 3rd round and you're getting 1st round value and still complaining I have no words

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

with the game on the line who did they trust more in the 4th qtr? Yes Jamaal. Had absolutely nothing to do with Jones fumble or bad play.....they just trust jamaal more period. 

1 minute ago, NBatum88 said:

Jones is the #4 ranked RB on the season that makes him an RB1. Every RB1 will have RB3 type weeks.

From reading this forum you guys are making it seem like Jones is like ranked 30 on the season or something. You guys probably drafted him in the 3rd round and you're getting 1st round value and still complaining I have no words

No...we are seeing Jones for what he is when Jamaal is there. You keep forgetting Jamaal was hurt. Jones is a shell of himself when Jamaal is there

5 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Jones had 45 points last week and 23 points in week 2. He has plenty of upside

Guess you missed the part when Jamaal Williams wasnt playing last week. That hurts Jones upside significantly. If Jamaal isnt playing tonight Jones stays on the field after the fumble and dropped pass. It isnt rocket science

5 minutes ago, NBatum88 said:

Williams was out for 2 of those weeks. In week 3 he actually outsnaped jones. Outsnapped Jones again today too. Jones has also been getting saved by TDs. Watch the games stop looking at the box score. This situation is looking murky. If you don't see it then you aren't very good at this.

Edited by StevenSC400
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, StevenSC400 said:

Williams was out for 2 of those weeks. In week 3 he actually outsnaped jones. Outsnapped Jones again today too. Jones has also been getting saved by TDs. Watch the games stop looking at the box score. This situation is looking murky. If you don't see it you aren't very good at this.

finally someone with some sense

• Like 2