Corleone

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, CallMeBDB said:

Nothing about these scoring plays look like what you described. He demonstrates strong vision and elusive movement.

Your rhetoric implies he's some plodder getting 1 yard goalline TDs off of power runs up the gut. He actually moves very well in space and often rips off large chunks of yardage as both a runner and a passcatcher.

His usage is inconsistent, his actually play isn't. He passes the eyeball test with flying colors.

You're so far off from reality that its straight up dishonest.

19th in rush yards a game. 59 in yards per carry. I would say he is not running at an elite level. Yes he has some TD’s, but we can’t rely on TD defendant RB and everyone here is acting like he’s running at an elite level. He’s not. Your fooled 

5 minutes ago, Athebaby7 said:

19th in rush yards a game. 59 in yards per carry. I would say he is not running at an elite level. Yes he has some TD’s, but we can’t rely on TD defendant RB and everyone here is acting like he’s running at an elite level. He’s not. Your fooled 

So you state hes playing poorly and cite boxscores while misrepresenting the nature of his scoring plays. I reply by showing you actual footage of his play on some of those TDs that fully contradicts your assessment, then indicate that his lack of raw production is a product of usage not quality of play.

And your rebuttal is to quote more boxscore related data? So you're basically admitting you dont actually watch the game? Or at least haven't bothered watching Aaron Jones play this season or last? Okay..

Edit: and you're basically holding his "one yard" scoring plays against him. If he was bad and playing bad why would he score with such regularity when given the chance? Is he not supposed to score on those plays because they're not as sexy as from farther out? If he doesn't score you'd hold that against him too so I dont see how this can be a genuine argument.

Edited by CallMeBDB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ryansm11 said:

But he didn’t. 

The point was the opportunity was there. The person I was responding to was worried about Williams and usage. 

You must have missed that like AJones. Through the hands.

Edited by mbell317

13 minutes ago, CallMeBDB said:

So you state hes playing poorly and cite boxscores while misrepresenting the nature of his scoring plays. I reply by showing you actual footage of his play on some of those TDs that fully contradicts your assessment, then indicate that his lack of raw production is a product of usage not quality of play.

And your rebuttal is to quote more boxscore related data? So you're basically admitting you dont actually watch the game? Or at least haven't bothered watching Aaron Jones play this season or last? Okay..

I think it’s adequate to compare him to other RB in the league. Again, your fooled on the amount TD’s rather than what he’s actually doing. He’s not running well as a whole. 

1 hour ago, David Aames said:

i cant stress this enough.....watch tonights game! it is very telling. Jamaal Williams is here to stay. This isnt last year. And yes, Jones has been very TD dependent in fantasy

I did watch the game.  Of course he is TD dependent.  That’s why you draft a goal line back.  He catches that one dropped pass and the conversation in here would be completely different.  This is recency bias at its worse.  Jones will continue to be a solid play even with Williams  there.  It was one bad game.  Relax 

He's the better athlete but JWill seems like the better football player. I'd still expect to see something like a 60/40 split, but I'd run to grab JWill. Realistically any Jones owner should have him already. 

Frustrating game, especially after last week when he was the best player on the field for either team. I think Williams was going to be a factor regardless going forward though. 

lol you guys crack me up. Guy puts up his only game with under 15 points since week one and you guys are getting ready for a public stoning. He's an RB2, he was drafted as an RB2, yes he is TD dependant, BECAUSE HE IS A GOAL LINE BACK! The couple of RB1 weeks are gravy, so stop complaining and enjoy your RB2 for what he is worth

• Like 4

People hoopin and hoolerin that he was top 5 ROS after last week, I think there were even some Barry Sanders comparisons being made in here. Take your RB2 and be happy

Edited by Novaray
  • Like 3

RB2 lock and load, no worries.  Not sure what all the fuss is about. 

Jamaal gonna Jamaal, and A-AJ gonna get his.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cleanface said:

RB2 lock and load, no worries.  Not sure what all the fuss is about. 

Jamaal gonna Jamaal, and A-AJ gonna get his.  

Yup not worried at all. Everyone knew this was a 60/40 timeshare. Jamaal out for a bit comes back and has a nice game and now he is going to take over the touches...Doubtful. Jones had a bad game and still ran for 4.3 yards a carry and still had 7 targets. He shot himself in the foot a bit last night but players have bad games. If Jones wasnt being punished for his poor play, that rushing TD he is probably on the field not williams.

Everyone is always a what have you done for me lately. He’s a rb2 he’s going yo have off weeks. I’m a packer fan. Been one since i was 7. I’ve seen the different rb we had and can say Aaron Jones is the best back we’ve had in years. He won’t get much touches but with the few that he gets he’ll get you at least 15 pts. He’ll bounce back. Jamal williams is a good running back but he isn’t explosive. Grab him is you own Aaron Jones. I’m running with Jones in my flex keep the faith. The sky is not falling 

10 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Must have some pretty stellar backs to use jones as your flex. But yes, people need to relax, his 14-18 touches a game going back to last year kept him as a rb2. Some times you just have bad days lol

Yes i did my research well this year. I made it my mission to grab Chris Carson. Drafted cmc with the 3rd pick overall 

8 minutes ago, K197040 said:

I remember having one of those "bad days".   Had partied the whole night before and only got an hour of sleep.  Decided to get right with a few more drinks before I went in to work.   Took an Uber (because I'm responsible).   Got to work and the boss man got on my case about how I was wearing two different shoes.   I tried to give him a spinning roundhouse kick but lost my balance and hit the server instead.   Crashed the whole company for about a week I'm told.  I can't be sure because I was fired on the spot.

So...in short...bad day = lost job.

sucks for you. Thank god Jones hasnt been released.

Jamaal William's can't break games.. he had a couple big plays... jones would have had the same...

• Haha 2

Jamaal Williams is seriously a JAG and I can't believe people are wasting high priority waivers on this guy. It's year 3, we've seen what he is compared to Jones. It was a bad game for Jones and he should be fine going forward. The RBBC does suck though.

10 hours ago, HOF12 said:

I’ve seen the different rb we had and can say Aaron Jones is the best back we’ve had in years.

spacer.png

Edited by WaiverLooter

If you truly believe in the backfield and O Line, I don't see why not. Just realize the risk is doubled if the Packers get stuffed in rushing. I would consider it against soft rushing defenses but would probably only start Jones for most weeks.

4 minutes ago, scorpion13_ukr said:

I own Jones and Williams. Until now thought of Williams as a handcuff. What do you guys think about starting both players? Basically I'd get credit for all of Green Bay's rushing yards and TD's, without having to predict where they'll come from. Is this crazy? I've never seen anyone talk about starting both players in a 2-way committee (maybe there's a good reason why), but thought I'd throw it out there and get others' feedback.

I would never start 2 in the same backfield or 2 on the same team and same position. I rarely like starting 2 on the same team at diff positions. Yea you get all yards and TD from that team but what if total they run for 80 and a TD with 5 catches for 30 yards.... Thats what, 19.5 points for 2 guys? I guess if you dont have anyone else reliable to flex you can but at 9.75 each, thats tough.

BTW i picked up Williams so when i talk williams crap at least i own both lol. Aint starting williams unless there is a jones injury. More than likely ill drop before that happens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I would never start 2 in the same backfield or 2 on the same team and same position. I rarely like starting 2 on the same team at diff positions. Yea you get all yards and TD from that team but what if total they run for 80 and a TD with 5 catches for 30 yards.... Thats what, 19.5 points for 2 guys? I guess if you dont have anyone else reliable to flex you can but at 9.75 each, thats tough.

BTW i picked up Williams so when i talk williams crap at least i own both lol. Aint starting williams unless there is a jones injury. More than likely ill drop before that happens.

Did the same thing.  Hope things play out, where there's a clear no. 1.  60/40 or 50/50 is the worst case scenario.

15 hours ago, n4sa said:

Jamaal Williams is seriously a JAG and I can't believe people are wasting high priority waivers on this guy. It's year 3, we've seen what he is compared to Jones. It was a bad game for Jones and he should be fine going forward. The RBBC does suck though.

He did pretty well when he had the backfield to himself last year.  

16 minutes ago, Funkenstein said:

He did pretty well when he had the backfield to himself last year.  

Every running back does well when they have the backfield to themselves in Green Bay.

None of them average the same YPC that Aaron Jones does, or look as good as he does.

Edited by n4sa