Corleone

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, StevenSC400 said:

without Williams playing and he becomes a true workhorse RB1.

He's not a workhorse type back

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cleanface said:

Gonna feast v KC.

3 TDs incoming.  Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...

I agree. Aaron will be eating this week. No doubt.

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

I don't want to derail this thread, but what would be a reasonable trade target (range) at RB you think you could get for Jones? Kamara?

giphy.gif

Dude went nuclear. With a banged up shoulder.

Edited by Newtown
  • Like 2

Just now, munde53 said:

I don't want to derail this thread, but what would be a reasonable trade target (range) at RB you think you could get for Jones? Kamara?

Jones isn't in the conversation with Kamara, Barkley, Elliott, etc. But he's at the top of the next tier. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Jones isn't in the conversation with Kamara, Barkley, Elliott, etc. But he's at the top of the next tier. 

If by next tier, you mean the tier above all of those guys you mentioned then yes.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Completely agree. Was thinking to sell high on Jones and buy low on a guy like Kamara. 

Either way I'll just enjoy the point explosion Jones just gave me. 

Just now, n4sa said:

If by next tier, you mean the tier above all of those guys you mentioned then yes.

Lol. I'll take Barkley or Elliott ahead of Jones, and I think most rational people will. 

• Like 2

Just now, ajs723 said:

Lol. I'll take Barkley or Elliott ahead of Jones, and I think most rational people will. 

Right now I'd rather have Jones above anyone not named Cook or McCaffrey.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Man the amount of ppl that never believe in his potential is just insane. 

I been telling all my league mates watch out for jones. He’s a RB1 and s--- look at him he’s top 5 this year and that’s with Williams. What does this guy have to do to earn some respect. 

I’m keeping him. Owners should feel lucky they drafted him. 

Been running with cmc and him as my everyday starters and s--- i wouldn’t even trade him away. 

• Like 4

Just read his blurb from tonight.

"At the season’s halfway point, Jones is on pace for 1,642 total yards and 22 TDs."

Oh my God!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Image result for i love you man gif

Paul Rudd isn't saying that in real life! :P

• Like 1

God it is amazing to finally have a playcaller that utilizes Jones in the passing game. Had great reps there in his college tape and kept waiting for GB to use him there for years. Thank you LaFleur

• Like 4

Could have been a near 40 standard night If the pass went the other way for a TD.  Then the feel to get Williams involved on a vulture TD.  

Eating away without devante.  Will be interesting to see usage upon return.  AJs magic continues

With an elite qb and this efficient offense looking better, this is shaping up to be an Kamara/Ingram esque backfield with Jones/Williams. Both will be eating ROS.

Edited by Foppatosakic
  • Like 2

On 10/20/2019 at 11:07 PM, Dr. Whom said:

Crappy day by a crap running back. Td saved him again as the packers did not want his fumbling hands on the rock to ice the game 

I hope this dude watched the game last night.

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Tghetty said:

Could have been a near 40 standard night If the pass went the other way for a TD.  Then the feel to get Williams involved on a vulture TD.  

Eating away without devante.  Will be interesting to see usage upon return.  AJs magic continues

Adams draws a lot of coverage.  His return will open up the field for everyone else.  Packers offence is looking scary good.  

Granted the last two opposing Ds have not been strong. 

Edited by lla887

Here's the latest update in the ongoing check of how Jones has been doing since last year on a weekly basis, upon receiving an increased workload...

image.png.8c95c11acdd5070b2f4e9880aff93fbb.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Foppatosakic said:

With an elite qb and this efficient offense looking better, this is shaping up to be an Kamara/Ingram esque backfield with Jones/Williams. Both will be eating ROS.

This is probably the best take of the situation I have seen. Everyone keeps talking the next Kamara but Jones is actually producing like one. Great post.

• Like 2

I've been watching and waiting for a RB to step up in GB like this in fantasy for 10-15 years. Ever since Ryan Grant and Aaron Jones even crushing him. Wish I drafted him.

ENJOY!

ee25687bdad83ffb2d74923e46d4ad7e.jpg

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2019 at 10:35 PM, NBatum88 said:

I've been watching the Packers, aaron jones, and jamaal williams for years now. Aaron Jones was never going to get 20 carries every week. But he can get 10-15 carries and 3-5 catches a game. With that kind of volume, he has proven that he can put up low-end RB1/high-end RB2 numbers. With his draft position in the early 30s, that's a pretty good return on your draft investment. 

Look, if Aaron Jones was going to be the only guy and getting 20 carries and 10 targets every week then you wouldn't have been able to get him in the 3rd round. Even with Jamaal being a factor, Jones can still be a back end RB1/high end RB2, which is exactly what he was drafted to be. Even tonight, 9 times out of 10, he's going to catch that passing TD and he would've had 14+ points tonight.

Jamaal played the entire year last year with Aaron Jones and Jones still had enough volume to be a low end RB1.

@David Aames @dakimbell @StevenSC400 @Novaray @Rainyy

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Corleone said:

Here's the latest update in the ongoing check of how Jones has been doing since last year on a weekly basis, upon receiving an increased workload...

image.png.8c95c11acdd5070b2f4e9880aff93fbb.png

Just to add, these are the stats for Jones across the above last 16 games:

215 carries - 1006 rushing yards - 15 rushing TD's
56 catches - 520 receiving yards - 4 receiving TD's