Corleone

Aaron Jones 2019 Outlook

1 hour ago, Islanderman said:

Tough matchup this week.  Need to get some passing work in here.  

Agreed... what worries me is the split with williams... without getting a majority of the carries I dont think he will produce as Chris Carson or Kenyan Drake has done in recent weeks

4 minutes ago, jpark211 said:

Agreed... what worries me is the split with williams... without getting a majority of the carries I dont think he will produce as Chris Carson or Kenyan Drake has done in recent weeks

I'm worried about the split too. The touches just haven't been there the last few weeks...he just keeps getting bailed out by TDs. I'd still rank him handily over Drake though. 

4 minutes ago, jmcampbe11 said:

I'm worried about the split too. The touches just haven't been there the last few weeks...he just keeps getting bailed out by TDs. I'd still rank him handily over Drake though. 

13 carries last week which is about average for his season. And his snap count has been consistently around 65% all season. Nothing really has changed here folks..

Yep, dead-on @MSkibisky nothing has changed here, he remains in a roughly 50/50 type of timeshare...and has really lived off finding the endzone...even if he is clearly one of the most dynamic players in the league, none of this is changing. In fact it has gotten dicier of late with Adams returning to health and having the targets funneled thru him. Jones is prob the 2nd best pass catcher on the team, but it is hard to project more than a handful of targets in a given week.

Jones has been awesome this year.  The td's have been great.  But this is the type of game that worries me for Jones.  I don't need 20+ points, I'm looking for 15.  But the problem is unless the game flow is positive for GB he is going to struggle.  In that type of game he needs volume.  So when you see Williams come in every other series it is going to be difficult to have a good game.  And in the 2 minute offense it always seems to be Williams.  Unless he scores and you cannot count on that week to week.  You have to play him, he's been top 10 this year.  I'd like to see them lineup both Williams and Jones together as their other WR's are garbage.

• Haha 1

As a fantasy wiseman once said, "play your talent, not your matchups."  Meaning dont get cute and try to start someone like Ronald Jones or Carlos Hyde based on the matchup, you start your studs.