countseth

2019 Broadcasters Discussion

Jeff Brantley is the only Reds broadcaster I enjoy listening to.

That said, I am massively ready to hear Marty Brennaman absolutely lose it every time Puig does some silly grandstanding antics.

Love the A's guys, YES, BOS, SF.  HOU is solid.  Also PHI.  Krazy Kruk kracks me up.  WAS and CHC are boring as all heckfire.

I loved Carey, Stone and Brenneman growing up but most especially Vin Scully.

Any Oakland fan during the 70's can attest, best all time broadcaster has to be:   Mr. Bill King....

On 12/29/2018 at 2:24 AM, elrey said:

Probably a bit biased by Gary, Keith and Ron are pretty good. Keith gets annoying sometimes with his old man yells at cloud takes though.

Keith and Ron both do it imo, ie, take veiled shots at the state of the game today.

I'm an unbiased NY Metro resident -- that is, I have no allegiance to either the Mets or the Yankees -- but I prefer the YES color guys. David Cone, John Flaherty, Paul O'Neill...

Posted (edited)

Forgot about Ron Darling.  The guy is great and rarely if ever flustered/making on air mistakes.  Oh and he can talk about the state of today's game but not be repetitive and sounding like a dementia stricken octogenarian.

For me its hard to see possible dislike of the NYM bunch.  

Edited by STLSU