DAL 122.7

Yards per attempt

SEA 4.8

DAL 4.5

Rushing TDs

SEA 15

DAL 13

It's actually not particularly close. 

Not close??  Simple math says the Cowboys would only need to "choose" to run the ball 2 more times per quarter.

Edited by psygolf

Colts, Cowboys, Ravens and Bears.

I just looked over all the other picks and I'm the only one who picked Colts, Seahawks, Ravens, Bears...figured I'd see at least someone else with that combo.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

It really makes no sense when analyzing the actual production of a run game. Even the article itself states that it only tries to analyze the line and that is it. So by that logic, Dallas has a better line. However, Seattle still manages to get more yards and YPC. That means Carson is CLEARLY better than Elliot and it isn't particularly close....Right?

My point is, it is bull****.

What water? Your argument that some "advanced" stat is more important than yards, YPC, and TDs. You know, the stats that actually matter.

wasn't trying to ruffle your feather bud.  Take a breath. Its just football.  Just pointing out a few further metrics to sort through, if you wish. I didn't dispute you and your good Hawk buddies comments or opinions directly. Simply offered some more reading material since you know "every stat imaginable backs up Seattle having the better running game".   I can only lead the horse to water, its up to you if you want to drink it.  

I think i cleary know where the rushing title resides in 2018.  Lots of doubt about Zeke heading into 2018.  He put that to bed hopefully for many. Esp given the movement and changes at the Dallas OL to start and throughout 2018 season.

Best of luck to you guys on Saturday.  Should be a good game.  I hope you guys lighten up a bit and try and enjoy it.   I know i will.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, psygolf said:

Not close??  Simple math says the Cowboys would only need to "choose" to run the ball 2 more times per quarter.

The difference between Seattle and Dallas in terms of rushing yards per game is equivalent to Dallas and Arizona. I suppose those are close as well since all Arizona would have to do is run it a few times more.

3 hours ago, shakestreet said:

We go round bye round.

Four games the first two weeks.

Two games Conference Championship 

Super Bowl 

11 games total ... the key is to go undefeated. 

Saturday Games

Colts vs Texans

Hawks vs Cowboys 

Sunday Games 

Chargers vs Ravens

Eagles vs Bears 

Colts, Hawks, Chargers, Bears

15 hours ago, bhawks489 said:

How would one determine who has a better rushing attack then? Compare the stats of the teams RB1?

I'd suggest the following. 

image.jpeg.7abbc5c5234a334f816dd1d3df77c5f0.jpeg

Prepare to enter The Circle Of Death.

• Haha 1

This Wildcard slate reminds me of three years ago where all four road teams won.  These are pretty tough to predict:

Houston 34, Indy 31-  Watson's pass protection will get exposed but not in this game.  I'm expecting playoff Watson and Luck to show up in this one in a classic.  The Texans have a history of playing this early Saturday game and generally play well.  

Seattle 16  Cowboys 13-  Russell Wilson doesn't lose on Wildcard weekend.   These two teams are pretty even.  This one is close but Seattle is the better coached team with the more clutch QB.

Chargers 21  Ravens 9-  They played a few weeks ago so the Chargers had time to make adjustments.  This is the first time Jackson is seeing an opponent for the first time so he should see a new look.  With his style, there's huge risks of him turning over the ball  in their own territory.  However I could see this going the other way where the Ravens get a lead, dominate the time of possession and win.

Bears 20  Eagles 13-  This Bears team is pretty special.   The Eagles have played better on both sides of the ball but their magical run will come to an end. 

• Like 2

Texans 31-24

Seahawks 20-13

Chargers 17-9

Bears 23-17

• Like 1

On 12/31/2018 at 1:18 PM, Gohawks said:

Texans vs Colts - Both teams are matched extremely well. Both got good QBs, solid weapons, and solid defenses. However, Texans are at home so they get the edge.

Cowboys vs Seahawks - Seahawks got the better QB, better coach, and better run game. Dallas really doesn't have any advantage other than being at home. Not enough. Seahawks win.

Chargers vs Ravens - I don't find this one to be all that tough. Jackson is still extremely raw and cannot throw that well.  Chargers win.

Bears vs Eagles - The toughest game to predict. However, i'm still of the belief that the way Bears play is not suitable for the playoffs. They throw too much for their personnel and the Eagles are on a streak. Eagles win.

Your toughest game to predict has the strongest line in Vegas. Lol 

22 hours ago, Gohawks said:

The difference between Seattle and Dallas in terms of rushing yards per game is equivalent to Dallas and Arizona. I suppose those are close as well since all Arizona would have to do is run it a few times more.

Did AZ average 4.5+ & double-digit tds-?

15 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Your toughest game to predict has the strongest line in Vegas. Lol 

Interesting isn’t it? I personally don’t view the Bears as high as some other people.

Posted (edited)

Houston over Indy- This will be a nail biter. Both teams are very hot, both teams have won on the road vs each other. It will be close, probably the game of the weekend. Winner could make some noise in Foxboro. 

Hawks over Cowboys- Cowboys lack and identity still to me. I think it will be close, but I don't see them getting over the playoff hump. 

Chargers over Ravens- Another good game that will be close. If Rivers starts hot, it should fall there way. They longer it takes him to get going the more of a chance Lamar and Gus bus have to take over. 

Eagles over Bears- Nick Foles doesn't seem to lose must win games, the Eagles had to beat Houston and the Rams to make the playoffs happen. Folks blew up the Rams, and lead the Eagles back at home on a last minute GW drive to beat Houston. I know the Bears D is elite....but I just think the eagles are starting to peak again at the right time. 

Edited by mpat15

16 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Interesting isn’t it? I personally don’t view the Bears as high as some other people.

Bears D will win it themselves

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gohawks said:

Bears D will expose The Great Foles and pummel them. They’re just starting to get rolling. Nagy will outcoach his Andy Reid brotheren. The Bears have a lot of chemistry and crazy momentum right now to be stoppped. I think they blow them out.