sngehl01

Nick Pivetta 2019 Outlook

No.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Hockey_Baseball said:

Can you trust him for any of the upcoming matchups? I hate having bench-warmers.

vs WAS, vs NYM, @COL

Lol, no.  Washington is the worst team out of those 3 and they are still dangerous.

No way in hell you even consider starting him @Coors.  Pivetta is a drop for me.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Whether he's a drop or not is league dependent but I can't blame anyone for losing faith. He has good stuff but still seems to have a hard time finding the plate. If he can fix his command issues he's capable of the breakout some of us are hoping for but it'll be an uphill battle for him to get there. 

It really depends on the league.  Personally, I’m not dropping him after two starts, both in nasty weather.

6 hours ago, Jvanspro said:

It really depends on the league.  Personally, I’m not dropping him after two starts, both in nasty weather.

Next 3 starts aren’t any easier.

He wasn't even that great last year.....I don't know why I talked myself into drafting him 

Posted (edited)

Yeah I'm not really one to move on so quickly but I need a roster spot and Pivetta is looking like the most likely candidate.

There is a lot of SP depth on the wire in most of my leagues and I assume most others this early in the season. Hard to hold on and hope he develops fastball command mid-season when he's never had it before. 

Edited by !!!

I think he will come around.....too much talent to lose it completely....only two games...bad weather....plus he is going to get lots of run support so the wins will be there.

40 minutes ago, octapuss said:

I think he will come around.....too much talent to lose it completely....only two games...bad weather....plus he is going to get lots of run support so the wins will be there.

By come around, you mean around his 4.77 ERA and 1.30 WHIP last year? It works if accept you are only getting this dude for the Ks and W's.

If you care about your ratio's. You will just have to pick your spots against very right handed dominate teams.

5 hours ago, octapuss said:

Big start tonight.... Let's see if he rebounds. 

ERA 0.00 WHIP 0.00. Would have liked more than 0 K's though

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)

Pivetta scares me to no end. Gotta see something from him tonight or else he's done for me. [Removed Cool Story]

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

On 4/7/2019 at 12:47 AM, GriffeySwag said:

pivetta.jpg

Came on to post this and saw it was already done 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Population: me

That will be a fairly populous metropolis in short order

That "Stop Trying To Make Pivetta Happen" post made me laugh.  I hate myself for believing in him and giving him another chance.

Quoth the Raven, "Nevermore."

Oh well, there's always next week:/

5 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

But everyone says those Ks and Ws are useful 😏

Well if you're talking about in a given week, 6 Ks is nothing to sneeze at. I have Pivetta and am still (fortunately) ahead in both ratios, too. The question is what to do with this dude going forward. If he finishes the year with 200+ Ks and a 17+ ERA, I don't want him on my roster.

Idk why I drafted this guy, thankfully I didn't start him tonight, but he's gonzo-alonzo in the morning, so many better pitchers available in my league i'm not wasting my time with it right now. he wont get claimed probably so i can always pick him back up if he turns it around 

this guy hurts so much. 

so much talent. the ingredients are there. but he just doesnt have "it".

I am a huge pivetta apologist but even i am ready to move on

All the talent, and all those Ks.. but damn my ratios. . Sadly he's a drop... Just too many other pitchers doing well.