sngehl01

Nick Pivetta 2019 Outlook

Looks like typical old Pivetta, 3 HRs, 4 earned, 8 hits, couple walks. He filled up the stat sheet just not in a good way. 

25 minutes ago, NolanRyan said:

Had a great start. 2 runs after 6 innings vs the braves. Gave up homer to lead off 7th, then 2 outs, then a double to Acuna as the roster turned over to see him for the 4th time. Then a walk. 

In retrospect, Kapler should have taken him out, but the bullpen has sucked so I get it.

I'm happy with the start. Wish it was a QS of course

Agreed, the box score doesn't tell the story.  He limited a hot hitting team on the road.  If Kapler pulls him after 6ip it's 6 hits 2ER and a QS.  He looked sharp imo.

Box score doesn't really tell the story.  This is a scorching hot Braves team right now and he made a lot of great pitches and almost got through 7 with just the 3 bombs on his line.  Encouraging start despite the warts.

Edit: Jinx.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I also agree he looked much better then his line. Curveball was money tonight. He just got gassed at the end. 

Posted (edited)

Thank, Neris. [...]

Edited by tonycpsu

Actually think he pitched pretty well. Unlucky to not get the QS and even unluckier to not get the win. More sold on the possibilities after today

• Like 3

Pitches well enough to be picked up in starts that no one uses him.  Hyped by experts. Destroys ratios beyond repair.  Universally dropped.  Waits until the absolute last believer drops him and then pitches like an ace.  Picked up...destroys ratio and the cycle repeats itself.  He’ll turn into sherzer (on someone elses team) once enough people say “never again, no matter what”.

its as if he’s been perfectly programmed in the future to go back in time and ruin fantasy baseball teams in the past.

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

Pitches well enough to be picked up in starts that no one uses him.  Hyped by experts. Destroys ratios beyond repair.  Universally dropped.  Waits until the absolute last believer drops him and then pitches like an ace.  Picked up...destroys ratio and the cycle repeats itself.  He’ll turn into sherzer (on someone elses team) once enough people say “never again, no matter what”.

its as if he’s been perfectly programmed in the future to go back in time and ruin fantasy baseball teams in the past.

Welcome to the Danny Salazar experience....should be a ride at Six Flags 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Cesare13 said:

I mean, he’s not a good pitcher. It’s as simple as that. He’s not trying to ruin anyone’s team. He just isn’t good and you have a higher risk of getting your ratios shattered if you start him because he isn’t good.

Hes Giolito before this year, and will prob pull a Giolito once the loyal owners drop and another team adds

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Hes Giolito before this year, and will prob pull a Giolito once the loyal owners drop and another team adds

Giolito was the #1 prospect in baseball at one point.

Just now, brockpapersizer said:

Giolito was the #1 prospect in baseball at one point.

More talking great Stuff with no control ala Giolito before this year

2 hours ago, cad300 said:

Welcome to the Danny Salazar experience....should be a ride at Six Flags 

I was thinking gausman...but Salazar works too.

27 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

I was thinking gausman...but Salazar works too.

Salazar was way better than this guy. At least he would put up double digit Ks frequently. Even if he threw like 4ip and gave up 7ER, Danny would still have like 11Ks lol 

• Haha 1

So....just picked this guy up in a deep league where this is little to nothing on the wire.  Any hope for him?  Need the Ks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, B&F said:

So....just picked this guy up in a deep league where this is little to nothing on the wire.  Any hope for him?  Need the Ks.

Middling 2 start matchups overall.  Start against the Mets better than the one against the Braves.  You're rolling the dice with Pivetta right now, though.  In a deep league, depending on the rules, probably worth it. 

3 hours ago, B&F said:

I'm still a believer in Pivetta but benching him tomorrow against the Braves would be the wise move. His Start against the Mets should be pretty solid especially if he pitches well against that tough Braves Lineup. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B&F said:

In 15 teamers or NL only at his price hes a good gamble if you need to make something happen. I mean the talent is there.  He just keeps tossing straight fastballs EVERYTIME he falls behind in the count.  Hes a risk for double digit ERA everytime out,but there have been far less talented pitchers that have figured it out. Good luck.

No 2 start week, they just switched him and Nola, Slick Nick goes Wednesday now with Nola going tomorrow, tuesday per rotoworld.......

19 minutes ago, FISH ON said:

No 2 start week, they just switched him and Nola, Slick Nick goes Wednesday now with Nola going tomorrow, tuesday per rotoworld.......

As a Pivetta owner facing Nola this week, that's unfortunate. He loses the Mets start too.

Pivetta last time around @ ATL: 6.2 IP, 8 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 6 K. Honestly I'd be happy with a repeat.

Feel like I am playing with fire but there is K,WHIP, and Win potential here today.  

Anyone else on board? 

Possible misery loves company.