bjvance5

Yoan Moncada 2019 Outlook

7 hours ago, knifeparty said:

I thought there would be way more discussion on this guy after having a great first half.  He's rated 26th on my player rater right under Betts.  

The haters have been proved wrong.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boomzdaddy said:

The haters have been proved wrong.  

My only complaint is that at the end of this season he'll lose 2B eligibility where I think he has much more value.  I love what he's doing though and he's still incredibly young so there's room for more growth. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 12:28 PM, cizastro said:

My only complaint is that at the end of this season he'll lose 2B eligibility where I think he has much more value.  I love what he's doing though and he's still incredibly young so there's room for more growth. 

I wasn't aware of this which puts a damper in my potential keepers next year. Has he played any at 2B?

20 minutes ago, JaeTM said:

I wasn't aware of this which puts a damper in my potential keepers next year. Has he played any at 2B?

None.  I just realized this too on a small roster dynasty team and am scrambling to trade for a 2B now

• Like 1

I'm trying to do the same while he still has that 2B eligibility behind him.  I don't see him suddenly moving to 2B or getting enough PT at 2B to warrant another year of the eligibility. 

He’s quietly awesome with a 3.6 WAR as of July 13, which ranks 9th in the majors.  And he’s not far off from ranking #4 (Bregman 3.9).  Trout, Yelich, and Bellinger are the true league MVPs, but Yoan could end up being the top guy in the second tier at the end of the season.

• Like 1

I think he's been playing in AAA since Wednesday.  Definitely played double header yesterday and hit a HR.  I'm guessing he's activated this week. Anyone got better info than I found online? 

ESPN blurb says he could play this series.

Any Sox insiders know if he's playing today?

• Like 1

was going to say his numbers looks a lot like baez 2nd year growth then I see 370 obp for moncada. hope he has a reasonable adp next year. 

• Like 1