Sign in to follow this  
Corleone

Tyreek Hill 2019 Outlook

As I'm playing in PPR with Return yards (25=1p) he was the #1. But as we have seen with AB - who was returning punts a few years back - they found someone else to return.

It's not a big difference, but in my format it would be a minor cut in points if you take that away.

Interesting stats from a PFF article that came out today...

--Tyreek Hill led all WR's in 2018 with 754 deep receiving yards (#2 was Mike Evans, with 543).

--Tyreek Hill led all WR's in 2018 in yards per route run out of the slot (with a minimum of 200 slot routes). He had a 3.28; nobody else had above 2.00. 

--Tyreek Hill led all WR's in 2018 in contested catch percentage. He had a 65% contested catch percentage (13 of 20 targets for 524 yards & 12 TD's). 

--Tyreek Hill did not lead all WR's in 2018 in yards per route run (all total routes). He was 3rd (behind Julio Jones & Michael Thomas). 

So that last stat means that Tyreek is generating more yards after the catch then if he isn't spending as much time running a route?

5 minutes ago, devaster said:

So that last stat means that Tyreek is generating more yards after the catch then if he isn't spending as much time running a route?

Here is how PFF describes it: 
"Yards per route run is the crown jewel of PFF’s advanced stats for wide receivers. Dividing total receiving yards recorded by the number of routes run in a given game, season, career, etc. provides a great one-number summary of just how efficient a receiver is on a down-by-down basis. Receivers need to create separation, earn targets, secure passes and generate yards after the catch to have a high yards per route run figure, making it a product of multiple factors" 

9 minutes ago, devaster said:

4 minutes ago, Corleone said:

Here is how PFF describes it: 
"Yards per route run is the crown jewel of PFF’s advanced stats for wide receivers. Dividing total receiving yards recorded by the number of routes run in a given game, season, career, etc. provides a great one-number summary of just how efficient a receiver is on a down-by-down basis. Receivers need to create separation, earn targets, secure passes and generate yards after the catch to have a high yards per route run figure, making it a product of multiple factors" 

To add to this, here are Tyreek's rankings amongst WR's in yards per route run since he entered the league...it's pretty impressive: 

2016: 5th amongst all WR's in yards per route run

2017: 6th amongst all WR's in yards per route run

2018: 3rd amongst all WR's in yards per route run

On 1/2/2019 at 12:44 PM, joebaker23 said:

Have to factor in if Watkins is healthy next year that Hill’s numbers will maybe take a slight step back, but yet again Watkins is made out of glass and is injury prone. Tyreek Hill is without a doubt the top option in the NFL’s top offense and wouldn’t surprise me if he was the #1 receiver in fantasy football next season. Hill and Mahomes is the next legendary QB/WR combo in the NFL for years to come.

Yeah, I made this same mistake last year and tried to argue that Watkins would steal some of Tyreek's looks and stats.  That prediction couldn't have been more wrong....

• Like 1

Per Fantasy Football Calc (and I know it's way early) but his 2019 ADP is WR8....dude just finished as the #1 fantasy WR and has Mahomes throwing to him.  Crazy how Tyreek could be undervalue coming off his last 2 seasons, but he currently is.  Will be the #1 WR on my board.

Also, Tyreek set to make $2M in the final year of rookie contract.  To keep things in context, his teammate DeMarcus Robinson is set to make a couple hundred thousand more than Hill in 2019.  A hold-out could be looming if something's not done to get his pay in line with what he deserves...

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, J.T. Marlin said:

Per Fantasy Football Calc (and I know it's way early) but his 2019 ADP is WR8....dude just finished as the #1 fantasy WR and has Mahomes throwing to him.  Crazy how Tyreek could be undervalue coming off his last 2 seasons, but he currently is.  Will be the #1 WR on my board.

Also, Tyreek set to make $2M in the final year of rookie contract.  To keep things in context, his teammate DeMarcus Robinson is set to make a couple hundred thousand more than Hill in 2019.  A hold-out could be looming if something's not done to get his pay in line with what he deserves...

Good call on the holdout.  Sammy Watkins made 21 million last year.   That can't sit well with Tyreek.    

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Best to wait for more information on this. 

It can’t be good. I said the same thing about Kareem Hunt and then the video just randomly releases during middle of season.... 

24 minutes ago, joebaker23 said:

It can’t be good. I said the same thing about Kareem Hunt and then the video just randomly releases during middle of season.... 

Accusations are never good but luckily in the US you are innocent until proven guilty.

Is this a new battery incident, besides the one where he choked his pregnant girlfriend and punched her in the stomach?  Just trying to clarify.

7 minutes ago, bhawks489 said:

Accusations are never good but luckily in the US you are innocent until proven guilty.

In court maybe, NFL and public opinion not at all.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TTo34 said:

Is this a new battery incident, besides the one where he choked his pregnant girlfriend and punched her in the stomach?  Just trying to clarify.

Looks like it's something new.  The allegation suggests he harmed his three year old child.  Still plenty more details to come out, I'm sure.

A source familiar with the situation said Hill’s fiancee has been in contact with Overland Park police. The source said that the incident was against the couple’s 3-year-old son, resulting in a broken arm.

3 minutes ago, WEIL3R said:

Looks like it's something new.  The allegation suggests he harmed his three year old child.  Still plenty more details to come out, I'm sure.

A source familiar with the situation said Hill’s fiancee has been in contact with Overland Park police. The source said that the incident was against the couple’s 3-year-old son, resulting in a broken arm.

Let's not forget AP lost 1yr of football for spanking his son. . .🙄

• Like 1

First time I can remember  since zeke  and  Bell where the safest draft picks in the 1st rd are the rb's. . .🤪

Edited by dashoe

if true......I hope he never sees the field again. Sick of these delinquents getting slaps on the wrists followed immediately by rolex's  

• Like 6

Just now, Joe Odam said:

if true......I hope he never sees the field again. Sick of these delinquents getting slaps on the wrists followed immediately by rolex's  

I 100% agree. Just sad to see him waste his second chance with the talent he has.