sngehl01

Ramon Laureano 2019 Outlook

Someone in my league dropped him once he got to the IL. I missed out on him earlier in the year, so once he went unclaimed last night, I picked him up. He’s only supposed to be out for 4 weeks right? I think he’s worth a stash. He was on pace for a 30-20 year before his injury. 

33 minutes ago, BRYZZO said:

Someone in my league dropped him once he got to the IL. I missed out on him earlier in the year, so once he went unclaimed last night, I picked him up. He’s only supposed to be out for 4 weeks right? I think he’s worth a stash. He was on pace for a 30-20 year before his injury. 

I'm definitely not dropping him in my 10 team keeper league where we only keep 5 and I bet he will be stashed and kept by many others, at least those in these forums. In most redrafts I imagine he's worth the hold too but I guess it could depend on number of IL spots, league position and format. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, BRYZZO said:

30-20 year? What do you mean?

edit - I thought I was in the Dahl thread, whoops. Carry on, get healthy soon Ramon. 

Edited by Redsfan34
  • Haha 1

If you have an extra IL spot, stash him. 

However I'm a little worried about his SB potential upon return, and getting his power back might take a little bit. So personally, I dropped him in my 12 team league with deep benches. There are other people in my IL slots who I like more.

2 minutes ago, Redsfan34 said:

30-20 year? What do you mean?

Laureano has potential for 30 homeruns and 20 steals. So the "keeper" value is definitely there.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NolanRyan said:

If you have an extra IL spot, stash him. 

However I'm a little worried about his SB potential upon return, and getting his power back might take a little bit. So personally, I dropped him in my 12 team league with deep benches. There are other people in my IL slots who I like more.

Laureano has potential for 30 homeruns and 20 steals. So the "keeper" value is definitely there.

I’m talking about season long leagues though, is he still a stash then? 

He said yesterday that he feels like he's ready to come back and that he doesn't need a rehab stint. I suspect the A's will have him at least play a game or two before calling him back up but it sounds like he could be back very soon. :)

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Latest report is he’ll take some ABs at Class-A Stockton later this week (maybe this weekend?), so I’m guessing he will be activated next week if there is no setback. 

Edited by Redsfan34
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it safe to assume that we won't see him until this coming weekend at the earliest?  Laureano says he can come back without any games, but team says he needs a couple.

Any updates on him getting back into the lineup? Seems the latest update was his batting cage work

From rotowire:

Laureano (lower leg) enjoyed an impressive batting practice session against rehabbing pitcher Daniel Gossett (elbow) at High-A Stockton on Friday, Martin Gallegos of MLB.com reports. "Ramon is absolutely dialed in," Gossett said before Saturday's game against the Giants. "He hit a changeup about 600 feet, so that was fun. He's locked in. I think I got him squared away."

Spin: Laureano slugged two home runs and drew a walk during the session, which represented the outfielder's latest step in his recovery. The outfielder has been taking days off between his running drills, and he'll need to work up to the point of being able to carry those out on a daily basis before being deemed ready for activation. However, Laureano will continue to keep getting at-bats through different means in the interim, and it's also worth noting he encouragingly ran sprints on the field prior to Saturday's game for the first time since last Tuesday.

I assume that "600 foot" HR is an exaggeration unless they were pitching golf balls to him or something. But it at least sounds like he'll be back sooner than later.

1 hour ago, TheBigBambino said:

Any updates here?

Back next week. As early as Monday but probably toward the end of the week

• Thanks 1

They also said he probably wouldn't play a lot of back-to-back so missing today shouldn't be a surprise.  

This dude is gone this year. Not doing much when he plays and it will be like this ROS I assume, dead weight now.

On 9/13/2019 at 7:26 AM, Monkeyman74 said:

This dude is gone this year. Not doing much when he plays and it will be like this ROS I assume, dead weight now.

A homer and 4 RBIs on Friday...3-5 Saturday...seems like he's doing something to me :)