Corleone

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

I guess I've been so busy stocking my bench with waiver wire gems that I'm not really sweating this. I forget that not everyone does this. Ignore me. 

Not everyone plays in free leagues with first come, first served waivers.

11 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

I guess I've been so busy stocking my bench with waiver wire gems that I'm not really sweating this. 

spacer.png

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

I guess I've been so busy stocking my bench with waiver wire gems that I'm not really sweating this. I forget that not everyone does this. Ignore me. 

Sorry man. We don't all play in 6 team leagues with your mom. 

Troll. 

• Haha 2

Not an owner.  No dog in this fight.  I'm also not a DR, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn.

But it didn't look good.  I'm going to guess 4-6 weeks unless there's ligament damage.

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

4-6 weeks. He'll be back this season 

Unfortunately, I won't be there to see it.....

22 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Shut up, hoe!

• Haha 8

One-legged Saquon is probably still a solid RB2. PUT HIM OUT THERE!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Maybe if you hit on all or your draft picks as well and avoid other injuries. 

But realistically, someone is like me who has lost Barkley, AB, Tevin Coleman (coming back), and Guice ... So far. 

There's no replacing Barkley but yes you can survive and make playoffs if you have no other problems. But just wait you'll lose someone else. 

Losing Barkley lowers the odds of making playoffs from 80% to 40%. Which is a big drop. 

1 minute ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I'm still playing him next week

Starting him next week too.  YOLO.

14 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

Not an owner.  No dog in this fight.  I'm also not a DR, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn.

But it didn't look good.  I'm going to guess 4-6 weeks unless there's ligament damage.

Barkley isn't your average runningback/human. I say he will be week to week with a long shot for week 4.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nonstopfan said:

Barkley isn't your average runningback/human. I say he will be week to week with a long shot for week 4.

He was on crutches in a walking boot.

No way he plays next week.

41 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

We all don't play in ten team leagues

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fruitjacket said:

He was on crutches in a walking boot.

No way he plays next week.

When you have millions invested in someone you tend to take precautions. No one really knows how serious it is yet.

Edit: but agreed he ain't playing next week.

Edited by Juke

10 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Of course the guy with the Wolverine profile pic would be the one to predict that recovery time 😁

Edited by jords612
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Juke said:

When you have millions invested in someone you tend to take precautions. No one really knows how serious it is yet.

Edit: but agreed he ain't playing next week.

Agreed.  That injury looked bad, but not terrible.  From what I understand, sprains stretch ligaments, and once you have them, they are more prone to re-injury ala Lenny 4Net.

This is the 2nd time he's gotten hurt on this ankle (Correct??) I think.  That's not good for a RB who makes a living on his ankles.

I hope he's OK.  He's a GREAT RB and super fun to watch.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

No lie, dropping him minute he's eligible, did it to tevin, not playing the injury game this season

You must play in an extremely non-competitive league. Why not trade him to someone and at least get some value back?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atrium said:

A championship caliber team can be made or broken by a #1 overall pick. If you’re trying to deny this, then sorry you’re just being delusional. Usually the best waiver wire pickup of the year won’t produce as much as a Barkley does. There’s simply no replacing his production, no matter how much depth you have. Pretending otherwise is being delusional.

im not saying that we’re all screwed and there’s no chance, but let’s try to be realistic here. It’s a tough obstacle to overcome.

i just lost him in my 18 team league, some leagues the replacement production simply isn’t there. Period.

Yeah and you have to look at the totality of circumstances. For instance, in one league I have Barkley in I'm also down Tyreek Hill. In the other I'm out of Barkley, AB, and the Chiefs RB. You can survive losing one star player but it reduces your margin for error and with the NFL being chock full of injuries these days a lot of teams will be in a big hole with Barkley out for potentially half the fantasy season.

The 4-6 weeks timeline ignores that he hurt teams today because he got hurt early. The damage is more 5-7 weeks.

One problem with Barkley being #1 overall in retrospect is that unlike Kamara or Zeke he has a scrub handcuff. If Kamara or Zeke goes down you can still get 80 percent the production with Murray or Pollard.

11 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

No lie, dropping him minute he's eligible, did it to tevin, not playing the injury game this season

Did u really mention Tevin effing Coleman and saquon in same sentence?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

I don’t even own Saquon and this makes me mad. I don’t know how you all are going as easy on this guy as you are. 

Saquon down? No worries, I’ve got my waiver wire gems.

LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I don’t even own Saquon and this makes me mad. I don’t know how you all are going as easy on this guy as you are. 

LOL

What "waiver wire gems" have their been thus far at RB or WR? There will be some during the season but, unless you are in a weak league, not all of them will go to the same player.

The best waiver wire guy last year was Chubb and he didn't approach Barkley's production. The one guy who did was Kamara his rookie year but that's extremely rare.

1 minute ago, Ace_King said:

What "waiver wire gems" have their been thus far at RB or WR? There will be some during the season but, unless you are in a weak league, not all of them will go to the same player.

The best waiver wire guy last year was Chubb and he didn't approach Barkley's production. The one guy who did was Kamara his rookie year but that's extremely rare.

I was mocking the dude saying he has waiver wire gems so he’s not sweating Saquon going down...

22 minutes ago, gufomel said:

LOL

We've asked him to respond and he went into hiding as he should have. Doubt he returns with his super bench lol

7 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

Nothing at rb but DJ Chark and Terry McLaurin are two wrs who went mostly undrafted and have been very productive through two weeks and have great ROS projections. 

Edited by Kaii23
  • Haha 3