Corleone

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

27 minutes ago, Whitecloud0101 said:

Did u really mention Tevin effing Coleman and saquon in same sentence?

Yea, my fault, not really comparing the person, comparing the high Ainkle sprain.  My bad, this sucks

4 minutes ago, Kaii23 said:

Nothing at rb but DJ Chark and Terry McLaurin are two wrs who went mostly undrafted and have been very productive through two weeks and have great ROS projections. 

No idea how we overlooked them. Great job replacing Saquon with your waiver wire gems. We bow to your greatness. Teach us your ways. 

• Haha 1

guess I've been so busy stocking my bench with waiver wire gems that I'm not really sweating this. I forget that not everyone does this. Ignore me. 

Mad because yuu can't draft and have no replacement for one player for a few weeks. Sounds like a you problem. 

•  
1 hour ago, Kaii23 said:

Of course you can't replace his production, but if you drafted well you should be able to tread water till he returns. Now if he were to miss the entire season then all saquan owners would be screwed. 

I'm replacing saquan with solid drafting and solid waiver wire work

Hey genius its Saquon. For a self proclaimed fantasy guru you sure seem pretty dumb if you cant can't even spell your own players name right, even when it's plastered across the top of every page in this thread.  All you have to do is look up and copy what you see to get it right.

I forget that not everyone does this. Sounds like a you problem.

Edited by cs3
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, gufomel said:

I was mocking the dude saying he has waiver wire gems so he’s not sweating Saquon going down...

I know. I was responding to his comments as well.

Chark, McLaurin aren't going to get anywhere close to Barkley's production. They are WR3s at best. 

26 minutes ago, Ace_King said:

What "waiver wire gems" have their been thus far at RB or WR? There will be some during the season but, unless you are in a weak league, not all of them will go to the same player.

The best waiver wire guy last year was Chubb and he didn't approach Barkley's production. The one guy who did was Kamara his rookie year but that's extremely rare.

Kamara and OBJ are the only guys I can think of in the last 5 years. Maybe Freeman too, I think he may have been the overall RB1 in 2015

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, atrium said:

Kamara and OBJ are the only guys I can think of in the last 5 years. Maybe Freeman too, I think he may have been the overall RB1 in 2015

Yeah it is extremely rare. Michael Thomas was another great pick up, but he was more like Chubb than Kamara/OBJ/Freeman.

Conner is another one, although he got hurt late and didn't help teams in the fantasy playoffs. He was a strong RB1 in the first half of the season before fading a bit and then ultimately getting hurt.

This thread reminds me of when people fight at a funeral.

• Haha 2

Just now, Proteus said:

This thread reminds me of when people fight at a funeral.

Well it pretty much is a funeral, so that makes sense. 

1 minute ago, mbell317 said:

Well it pretty much is a funeral, so that makes sense. 

thatsthejoke.jpg

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, chargahs said:

How do you intend to do that without Saquon?

Pretty amazed at how many poor fantasy GMs there out there, as well as people who are so pessimistic and just give up at the first sign of resistance. It's pretty sad. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, awwufelloff said:

High ankle sprains are the worst injury. Going to hinder him all year.

I was sad because I had a high ankle sprain until I met a man with massive trauma to the groin.  

Anybody who says "I'll be fine" with losing the overall #1 or 2 pick must not play in a 12 or 14 team league.  In a 14 team league, the wire is bare.  Even in 12, it's rough.  Maybe you have an RB2 or 3 that will hold you over, but you're silly if you think you'll find a waiver wire guy who will replace Barkley's production.

If I can go 3-3 while he's out, I'll be ok with that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, gbill2004 said:

Pretty amazed at how many poor fantasy GMs there out there, as well as people who are so pessimistic and just give up at the first sign of resistance. It's pretty sad. 

It’s the ******** first overall pick. Barkley is drafted in part because he’s so damn fun to watch. Even if you can manage without him it’s still absolutely deflating. 

1 minute ago, CooL said:

Anybody who says "I'll be fine" with losing the overall #1 or 2 pick must not play in a 12 or 14 team league.  In a 14 team league, the wire is bare.  Even in 12, it's rough.  Maybe you have an RB2 or 3 that will hold you over, but you're silly if you think you'll find a waiver wire guy who will replace Barkley's production.

If I can go 3-3 while he's out, I'll be ok with that.

Did every team that drafted Bell last year fail? I doubt it. If your entire team hinges on one player you’ve already lost. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Did every team that drafted Bell last year fail? I doubt it. If your entire team hinges on one player you’ve already lost. 

Did I say I was going to fail?  No, I said if I can go 3-3 while he's out, I'll be happy.  I'm going to work the wire and look for trade partners.  Come on dude, you can't be happy or ok with losing your #1 pick.  If you're in an 8 team league, then sure, go pick Marlon Mack off the wire and you'll be fine and won't miss a beat.

• Haha 1

If your team doesn't hinge on the #1 overall draft pick, then you play in the taco-est of taco leagues. 

That's why he's the #1 overall draft pick.

• Haha 1

Can we get back to talking about saquon please?  It’s totally unfortunate timing for giants with Jones playing as well as he did.  I guess we will know more tomorrow but Gallman should be a decent RB2 if you can get him for a couple weeks.  He’s not horrible and if Jones has this playmaking ability he showed today then Gallman can be a useful piece especially with byes starting.

How about some positivity here. At least this wasnt season ending, and at least it happened this early in the season, and not closer to the playoffs(Gurley, Connor last season). I tried lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Chubbles said:

Can we get back to talking about saquon please?  It’s totally unfortunate timing for giants with Jones playing as well as he did.  I guess we will know more tomorrow but Gallman should be a decent RB2 if you can get him for a couple weeks.  He’s not horrible and if Jones has this playmaking ability he showed today then Gallman can be a useful piece especially with byes starting.

Gallman is nothing more than a flex at best. I think your expectations are pretty lofty. I guess we will see though in Week 4.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, atrium said:

Aggression is coming into here to antagonize people who are obviously upset about losing their high draft pick. We don't need your advice guy, especially when it amounts to 'you should've drafted better'.

I mean, I’m not happy about it either. I’m not going to jump off a bridge though or skydive without a parachute. Saquon will be back, if the MRI comes back clean. You will just have to deal for a little bit. I’m sorry if this ruins your season. If you are that desperate, then trade him. I’m sure there are plenty of managers willing to take him off your hands. 🖖

Edited by FitzMagic

2 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

You Barkley owners have some decent trade targets out there.

IMO, DWill is probably your best target.  Depending on roster, you could probably get him for a WR3, backup TE (solid producer if you're sitting on one), or even a QB if you have options there.  When he's back healthy (don't know if that'll be next week or later on - in which case not really worth it), he should hit solid numbers on 12ish touches/game and the primary receiving back.

Conner will be going dirt cheap, so that's an option with upside.  Maybe worth the gamble.

Other guys to think about at (probably) similar asking prices: Gore, Cohen, Howard, Burkhead, Hyde, maybe Sanders.

Or you might go for some cuffs and see what plays out.  Mattison, I think, might continue to provide standalone value while being one of the highest upside cuffs out there.  Penny and Samuels might be on the verge of significant opportunity.  Malcolm Brown, of course.

There's fliers out there.  A few disappointing high picks owners might be panicking on or pissed off about.  All depends on what you need to stay afloat

Appreciate the positive attitude, thanks! Sometimes you need to make a bold move to turn a fantasy season around

• Like 1

My personal opinion I think Saquon will be back on the earlier side of the injury timeline he receives. He is a competitor and wants to be a part of the team. The man came back to the sidelines to be with his squad and celebrated the W on one leg.

I know the injury will likely dictate however long he is out but I think Saquon is an athlete who can play through "pain" if he is no longer "injured."

2 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

My personal opinion I think Saquon will be back on the earlier side of the injury timeline he receives. He is a competitor and wants to be a part of the team. The man came back to the sidelines to be with his squad and celebrated the W on one leg.

I know the injury will likely dictate however long he is out but I think Saquon is an athlete who can play through "pain" if he is no longer "injured."

If you think they're going to put the franchise out there any less than 110% healthy in a completely meaningless season, you're nuts

Just now, kball09 said:

If you think they're going to put the franchise out there any less than 110% healthy in a completely meaningless season, you're nuts

Daniel Jones is fine...

• Like 1