Corleone

Saquon Barkley 2019 Outlook

2 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Daniel Jones is fine...

He was fine against a bad Bucs defense.

He plays the skins/Vikings and pats the next 3 weeks without Barkley (most likely). Jones will not have it quite as easy as they had it against a bad Bucs defense (that only looked good last week because Cam was a mess). 

High ankle sprains take a while to heal and if the Giants lose a 2-3 games in a row they will be pretty much toast by the time Saquon can think about coming back. Will they rush him back for a 1-5 team? I am going to say that's very unlikely. 

4 minutes ago, Tribe Called Questionable said:

I imagine it will come down to risk of reinjury but I understand that positive thinking is not welcome in this thread

Positive or negative thinking is useless. Objective analysis of the situation is all people should be discussing. 

8 minutes ago, kball09 said:

If you think they're going to put the franchise out there any less than 110% healthy in a completely meaningless season, you're nuts

They are 1-2 now. In a game they should have lost, they may have gotten new life. Did you see Saquon’s reaction when they won? I was like, easy there my friend, don’t injure your last good leg. Plus, Tate is back Week 5. They look like a team that can compete if they can get their #1 playmaker back into the fold.

Edited by FitzMagic

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

He plays the skins/Vikings and pats the next 3 weeks without Barkley (most likely). Jones will not have it quite as easy as they had it against a bad Bucs defense (that only looked good last week because Cam was a mess). 

High ankle sprains take a while to heal and if the Giants lose a 2-3 games in a row they will be pretty much toast by the time Saquon can think about coming back. Will they rush him back for a 1-5 team? I am going to say that's very unlikely. 

Bucs D was playing damn good coming into this game 

• Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, wideopen21 said:

Was a joke

About who the franchise is

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, gbill2004 said:

Pretty amazed at how many poor fantasy GMs there out there, as well as people who are so pessimistic and just give up at the first sign of resistance. It's pretty sad. 

🤦🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Gallman is nothing more than a flex at best. I think your expectations are pretty lofty. I guess we will see though in Week 4.

Agree. What exactly did Gallman do after Saquon went out? 5 rushes for 13 yards, 0 catches. The QB led the team in rushing, I suspect he will run a lot. 

I'm going to have to start checking out these threads of players I have no stock in,these last few pages have been quite entertaining.

Anyone have an example of a high value RB who had high ankle sprain and how they did once they cam back in season?

2 hours ago, Kaii23 said:

If you can't go 500 without your number 1 pick you drafted poorly and have no depth. Saquon will be back in a month or so. Just need to win about half your games at least in the mean time. 

That's certainly not true. No one can play defense. You have no idea what each individual owner is going up against each week. Their players get hurt middle of the game,  dude they play scores 170+ points,  bad TD luck for a few weeks, bad match ups during the time they're missing said player... I can go on and on.  

• Thanks 2

Don't get me wrong if I had stock in Saquon I would not be happy right now, but there's quite a bit of overreaction in here IMO. This has high ankle sprain written all over it, and with him being young and a physical freak my guess is he comes back on the short end of the timeline. I'd be surprised if he wasn't 100% by week 8. The argument that they'll sit him if they're bad just doesn't make sense, there are plenty of very bad teams and they don't sit their superstars when they're healthy. 

Not to mention Jones looked like Rodgers compared to Eli so if you can weather the next month Saquon actually gets a significant uptick. 

14 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

Anyone have an example of a high value RB who had high ankle sprain and how they did once they cam back in season?

Not a RB but former teammate OBJ had a high ankle sprain in preseason 2017. Rushed back/had to compensate for it (his words not mine) to play and then had that nasty break against the Chargers. I think the break was more fluky/freak injury but it’s still worrisome. 

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1831089/amp

4 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

Not a RB but former teammate OBJ had a high ankle sprain in preseason 2017. Rushed back/had to compensate for it (his words not mine) to play and then had that nasty break against the Chargers. I think the break was more fluky/freak injury but it’s still worrisome. 

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1831089/amp

I remember Wilson having one a few years ago but he’s a qb. Rodgers did too. Trying to think of a RB.

4 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

I remember Wilson having one a few years ago but he’s a qb. Rodgers did too. Trying to think of a RB.

Click on player and check their injury history for high ankle sprain and see if you see any interesting correlations. I don’t have time to check now. 

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/rankings?InjuryPredictorRankingsForm[position]=RB

49 minutes ago, jsch08 said:

I can't recall a RB but I remember owning Roddy White (WR-ATL) who dealt with a high ankle sprain for at least 8 weeks. But he would play every week and just be a decoy. Man that was frustrating week to week. 

• Like 1

Saquan is a freak specimen similar to AP. He heals faster then the normal superstar NFL athlete ever. Wouldn’t shock me at all if he missed only 2 games.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I can't recall a RB but I remember owning Roddy White (WR-ATL) who dealt with a high ankle sprain for at least 8 weeks. But he would play every week and just be a decoy. Man that was frustrating week to week. 

Man I remember that like it was yesterday. I was so happy to finally own  Roddy for the first time ever. He was coming off 92 catches for 1,351 yards and 7tds the year before. With the high ankle sprain just like u said he was a decoy and didn’t look right all year. 

Couldn’t sit him cause he was active and well it was Roddy White (we all expected he’d get right week after week). His final numbers from that year..... 63 catches for 711 yards and 3 tds. Thru the first 12 weeks his best game was 4 catches for 45 yards. Brutal. 

Roddy was already 32 at that time so obviously he didn’t heal like he was 22 but there’s no doubt that injury played a major factor. The next year he put up 80 catches, 921 and 7. 

Back to Barkley no denying he’s a freak and I’m sure he will heal quicker than expected but I hope he waits till he’s truly 100%. My concern is he gets to like 80-85% and feels good enough to go. 

4 hours ago, CooL said:

Agree. What exactly did Gallman do after Saquon went out? 5 rushes for 13 yards, 0 catches. The QB led the team in rushing, I suspect he will run a lot. 

They are probably kicking themselves for getting rid of Perkins.

A high ankle sprain is literally nothing severe and is just resting up. Had tons of those back in the days, after a few days you can put pressure on it again, after a week or two straight running is not a problem anymore. Cutting takes 1-2-3 weeks (depends on severity) and after that you're fine. Considering I am no Saquon and never had the medical staff a professional NFL player has, I am in no doubt he will be fine.

Edited by the holy one

sucks for this kid, and for the leeg - he's not only a top super elite talent, but one of the real good guys out there ... in a sport reeling from numb nutz divas, he's a breath of classy, fresh air. 

bright days ahead wif Danny Dimes now slingin' it ... this could be a top tier offense once it all gels. 

rest up, kid - we'll see ya in a few weeks 👍

1 hour ago, the holy one said:

A high ankle sprain is literally nothing severe and is just resting up. Had tons of those back in the days, after a few days you can put pressure on it again, after a week or two straight running is not a problem anymore. Cutting takes 1-2-3 weeks (depends on severity) and after that you're fine. Considering I am no Saquon and never had the medical staff a professional NFL player has, I am in no doubt he will be fine.

Most people here have probably had a high ankle sprain at some point in their lives. The difference is we all don't play NFL football so those comparisons don't make much sense.